• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Why not, I might as well go all in on these lists this year.

Bing147 - 52/52 Seasons

1. Watchmen Season 1 - January 9th ★★★★★
2. The Mandalorian Season 1 - January 12th ★★★★
3. Fleabag Season 1 - January 12th ★★★★.5
4. Fleabag Season 2 - January 14th ★★★★★
5. Jeopardy The Greatest of All Time - January 14th ★★★★
6. Nathan For You Season 1 - January 16th ★★★★
7. Nathan For You Season 2 - January 17th ★★★★.5
8. Nathan For You Season 3 - January 20th ★★★★
9. Nathan For You Season 4 -January 23rd ★★★★.5
10. Arrow Season 8 - January 28th ★★★★.5
11. The Good Place Season 4 - January 31st ★★★★.5
12. Bojack Horseman Season 5 - February 2nd ★★★★.5
13. Bojack Horseman Season 6 - February 3rd ★★★★★
14. X-Men the Animated Series Season 2 - February 21st ★★★.5
15. Harley Quinn Season 1 - February 23rd - ★★★★
16. Worst Cooks in America Season 18 - March 8th - ★★★
17. Kids Baking Championship Season 8 - March 12th - ★★★
18. Constantine Season 1 - April 7th - ★★★.5
19. Modern Family Season 11 - April 8th - ★★★.5
20. Robert Kirkman's Secret History of Comics Season 1 - April 9th - ★★★.5
21. Greys Anatomy Season 16 - April 9th - ★★.5
22. Mom Season 7 - April 19th - ★★★
23. Better Call Saul Season 1 - April 20th - ★★★★
24. Better Call Saul Season 2 - April 22nd - ★★★★.5
25. Brooklyn 99 Season 7 - April 23rd - ★★★★
26. Will and Grace Season 11 - April 23rd - ★★★
27. Better Call Saul Season 3 - April 27th - ★★★★
28. Better Call Saul Season 4 - April 29th - ★★★★.5
29. Better Call Saul Season 5 - April 30th - ★★★★.5
30. Too Hot to Handle Season 1 - May 2nd - ★.5
31. Upload Season 1 - May 3rd - ★★★.5
32. Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist Season 1 - May 3rd - ★★★.5
33. Buddy vs Guy Season 2 - May 3rd - ★★★★
34. Spring Baking Championship Season 6 - May 4th - ★★★
35. Blackish Season 6 - May 6th - ★★★.5
36. Succession Season 1 - May 11th - ★★★★★
37. The Flash Season 6 - May 12th - ★★★.5
38. Survivor Season 40 - May 14th - ★★★★.5
39. The Goldbergs Season 7 - May 15th - ★★.5
40. Schooled Season 2 - May 15th - ★★.5
41. Batwoman Season 1 - May 18th - ★★★★
42. Supergirl Season 5 - May 18th - ★★★.5
43. The Last Dance Season 1 - May 18th - ★★★★★
44. Succession Season 2 - May 18th - ★★★★★
45. Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 10 - May 22nd - ★★★
46. What We Do in the Shadows Season 1 - May 25th - ★★★★
47. The Circle Season 1 - May 26th - ★★.5
48. The Righteous Gemstones Season 1 - May 31st - ★★★★.5
49. Legends of Tomorrow Season 5 - June 3rd - ★★★★.5
50. What We Do in the Shadows Season 2 - June 11th - ★★★★.5
51. Awake: The Million Dollar Game Season 1 - June 20th - ★★★.5
52. The Floor is Lava Season 1 -June 20th - ★★★

Currently Watching: Harley Quinn Season 2, Last Week Tonight Season 7, Stumptown Season 1, Stargirl Season 1, The Witcher Season 1

Last edited:

KingFox

May 17, 2018
KingFox - 05/52

~ January ~
01. American Horror Story: 1984 [FX] - ★★★½
02. Dracula [BBC] - ★★½
03. Spinning Out S1 [Netflix] - ★★★½
04. Messiah S1 [Netflix] - ★★★
05. Obsolete S1 [YouTube Premium] - ★★★

Watched newbies Spinning Out and Messiah and I have to say that both surprised me in turning out being better than expected.

Though to be honest I was planning on quitting Messiah as soon as my eyes would stop rolling after seeing a tornado completely level a Texas town, except of course its church that was miraculously left standing. But, as I saw someone mention elsewhere about this show is that it has a way of you still wanting to see what happens next. I also liked Michelle Monaghan in her role, as well as her Israeli counterpart Aviram. And let's not forget Mehdi Dehbi as the main man himself.

Spinning Out is your basic paint-by-the-numbers sports drama. Overbearing skate mom who is trying to relive former glory thru her kids, jealous competitors, people dealing with possible career ending injuries etc, you know the drill. On top of that serious mental health issues and obviously lots of love drama. Gotta have that too. So much drama. It is a type of thing I usually don't watch, but I actually enjoyed it. Special shout out to Amanda Zhou for being the secret MVP of the show. And Mandy.

Obsolete is a short 6x12 minutes mecha anime that was free to watch on YouTube. Basic plot, slick animation and decent action.

Next I'm gonna check out Medical Police on Netflix* and then on Monday it's time to finally give Watchmen a go. I need a four star or more show. In Lindelof we trust.

* Gave it two episodes and I wish I hadn't. Terrible just terrible.

Last edited:

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
dead souls - 03/52

01. The Witcher (S1)- ★★
02. Dracula- ★★★1/2
03. Schitt's Creek (S4)- ★★★★

Finally catching up since the final season just started. Not ashamed to admit the finale made me cry.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
01. The Boys (S1) - ★★★★
02. Dollface (S1) - ★★
03. Infinity Train (S1) - ★★★
04. Oh Jerome, No (S1) - ★★★★★
05. Medical Police (S1) - ★★★★

Oct 27, 2017
Markofhavoc

1. Dracula ★★★
Boy those first two episodes were amazing, don't know why they decided to pull that twist to end it.
2. Good Girls S01 ★★★
Wife wanted to watch it, it's fun but nothing too special. I'll probably finish the second season that just jumped onto Netflix
3. The Circle ★★★
I started this episode, told my wife it was the dumbest thing I've seen and I don't know how people could watch and then the next day woke up wondering who could win. It's my step into trash tv
4.American Housewife S01 ★★★★
Really found this show funny and it built over the season. Fun find on Hulu
5. Love is blind ★★★
Trash reality TV and I loved it.
6. I'm not okay with this ★★★★
Short, coming of age/powers story that was a fun ride. Definetly excited for what is to come.
7. Sex Education S02 ★★★★
I really enjoyed how positive and entertaining it is, and yet also somehow remaining educational. Like big mouth, it's a show I wish I had when I was in high school.

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
03. Infinity Train (S1) ★★★ 1/2
04. Infinity Train (S2) ★★★ 1/2

Decided to watch the first one before getting into the second one. Both were pretty good with no complains about either.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
KOfLegend - 71/52 Seasons!

COMPLETE - August 3rd!

Total Episode Count: 679

January - 7 Seasons
01. 1/2 - Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer (S1) [Netflix] | ★★★★½ | Fantastic documentary! Sending my contact info to Baudi Moovan in case I suddenly disappear! /// 3 Episodes

02. 1/7 - The Morning Show (S1) [Apple TV+] | ★★★½ | It's a shame this received lukewarm reception, because the reviews almost stopped me from watching it. The first three episodes are weak, yes, but the show absolutely shines after that point. Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Anniston both deliver fantastic performances. Can't wait for S2! /// 10 Episodes

03. 1/15 - AJ and the Queen (S1) [Netflix] | | I love drag. I love Drag Race. I love drag queens. I love drag culture. I love LGBTQIA+ media. I love camp. I did not love this. This was painful to watch. Please do not watch this. /// 10 Episodes

04. 1/17 - The Circle (S1) [Netflix] | ★★★ | This was some of the best trashy Reality TV that I've ever seen. I thought the concept was extremely interesting and it was ridiculously addicting. If there's going to be a S2, I'm definitely in. /// 12 Episodes

05. 1/18 - Servant (S1) [Apple TV+] | ★★★ | ~Spooky~! This was good! Story went kind of nowhere but the creepy factor was there and the atmosphere was brilliant. Hoping for a more focused S2. /// 10 Episodes

06. 1/23 - Sex Education (S2) [Netflix] | ★★★★ | Every bit as good as season 1! Special show, this one. /// 8 Episodes

07. 1/31 - The Good Place (S4) [NBC] | ★★★★½ | One of the all time greats. Will forever miss this show. /// 4 Episodes in 2020
February - 7 Seasons
08. 2/1 - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (S3) [Netflix] | ★★★ | Easily the worst Sabrina season by far, but it was still a fun watch. The weird musical numbers have GOT to stop, though. /// 8 Episodes

09. 2/4 - Next in Fashion (S1) [Netflix] | ★★½ | Project Runway with a whole lot more budget and a whole lot less soul. /// 10 Episodes

10. 2/9 - Locke & Key (S1) [Netflix] | ★★★½ | The comics are infinitely better, but this was still an extremely solid ride all the way through. I just wish they didn't tone down all of the adult stuff from the comics, but it is what it is. /// 10 Episodes

11. 2/11 - Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet (S1) [Apple TV+] | ★★★★ | Easily the biggest surprise of the year so far. The trailers for this looked terrible, but it's actually great! Episode 5 is easily the highlight and one of the best episodes of the year. /// 10 Episodes

12. 2/21 - Harley Quinn (S1) [DC Universe] | ★★★★½ | Hands-down the best thing on DC Universe right now. I had high expectations because the trailers were fantastic but it managed to surpass even them. Hilarious show. /// 8 Episodes in 2020

13. 2/23 - High Fidelity (S1) [Hulu] | ★★★½ | This...remake? Reboot? Reimagining? Of High Fidelity exceeded my expectations. Granted, I did go in with ridiculously low expectations because I personally thought the trailer was terrible, but still. I ended up liking it quite a bit. hoping for a S2!‬ /// 10 Episodes

14. 2/29 - Cheer (S1) [Netflix] - ★★★★½ /// Netflix's documentary game is on another level this year! This was absolutely wonderful. /// 6 Episodes

March - 8 Seasons
15. 3/5 - Good Trouble (S2) [Freeform] | ★½ | Watching this out of obligation at this point. /// 8 Episodes in 2020

16. 3/9 - The Outsider (S1) [HBO] | ★★★½ | This would've been much, much better had it been 6 episodes. The ending is also a bit of a mess. /// 10 Episodes

17. 3/10 - McMillion$ (S1) [HBO] | ★★★ | This was a fascinating story...that could've been easily told in 2 episodes. Stretching it out for 6 episodes was a bit much. /// 6 Episodes

18. 3/13 - Project Runway (S18) [Bravo] | ★★★ | Continuing from S17's soft reboot, S18 still feels like a breath of fresh air for the show. /// 10 Episodes in 2020

19. 3/14 - Interior Design Masters (S1) [BBC Two] |
★★★ | Another very wholesome British reality TV competition show! /// 8 Episodes

20. 3/16 - A Black Lady Sketch Show (S1) [HBO] |
★★★ | This was good! Would've hit harder if I hadn't already seen all the best skits, but it was still a fun ride! There was always some sort of twist at the end of a skit, so it's always interesting even when it's not funny! /// 6 Episodes

21. 3/16 - Avenue 5 (S1) [HBO] |
★★★★ | I seem to have liked this more than the majority! I though it was incredibly fun and I loved all the characters! Can't wait for S2! /// 9 Episodes

22. 3/19 - Queer Eye: We're in Japan! (S1) [Netflix] |
★★★★½ | Netflix's Queer Eye reboot continues to be one of the best shows on the service. /// 4 Episodes

23. 3/25 -
This is Us (S4) [NBC] | ★★★★ | Tearjerker: The Show keeps on tearjerking! /// 9 Episodes in 2020

April - 6 Seasons
24. 4/2 - The Magicians (S5) [Syfy] | ★★★ | Gutted that this was cut short. Decent final season, but very clearly not intended to be. /// 13 Episodes

25. 4/11 - The Walking Dead (S10) [AMC] | ★★★½ | Feels a bit weird listing this now, since the real finale is now an indefinitely delayed special episode, but the season is officially over so I had to. After the surprisingly incredible S9, this season was a bit of a let down, but it is still most definitely better that S7 & S8. Update: Real finale was fine, but it's also now not the real finale since the season's been extended. What a mess. /// 8 Episodes in 2020

26. 4/19 - Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness (S1) [Netflix] | ★★★★ | What the fuck? /// 7 Episodes

27. 4/26 - Making the Cut (S1) [Amazon] | ★★½ | Project Runway with a whole lot more budget and a whole lot less soul 2: Electric Boogaloo. /// 10 Episodes

28. 4/30 - Dispatches From Elsewhere (S1) [AMC] | ★★★★ | This was really pretentious and if you know me, you know that I eat that shit up. Finale was a disaster, unfortunately. Also, Sally Field made me cry several times. /// 10 Episodes
May - 13 Seasons
29. 5/4 - Westworld (S3) [HBO] | ★★★½ | Liked this much more than the second season, but much less than the first one. Acting and production were absolutely top notch, but the direction felt way off. Still, it was a great season and I can't wait to see where it goes. Let's hope they don't do Maeve dirty next season like they did with this one. /// 8 Episodes

30. 5/4 - Good Girls (S3) [NBC] | ★★★ | This show does not know what it wants to be anymore. Still fun though. /// 11 Episodes

31. 5/4 - Raven's Home (S3) [Disney Channel] | ★★ | Listen, it's a Disney Channel original show made for children, we're not exactly talking about a Lindelof show here. The kids' parts are still insufferable, but the Raven and Chelsea parts absolutely carry the show and are always fun. /// 10 Episodes in 2020

32. 5/6 - Hollywood (S1) [Netflix] | ★★★★ | Really, really enjoyed this one. Maybe it's the Ryan Murphy lover in me, I don't know. The critics are knocking it because it's unrealistic, but that's kind of...the point? /// 7 Episodes

33. 5/13 - Dead to Me (S2) [Netflix] | ★★★★ | Just as good as the first season, if not better. Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini are just too good. /// 10 Episodes

34. 5/15 - How to Get Away With Murder (S6) [ABC] | ★★½ | I loved the first two seasons of this show with every fiber of my being, but unfortunately there was a huge drop in quality with Season 3 that the show never quite recovered from, and you can see it here as well. This season was very messy and extremely rushed. Thankfully, the series finale was satisfying, but that unfortunately doesn't save the rest of the season from being the disaster that it was. /// 6 Episodes in 2020

35. 5/16 - Rupaul's Secret Celebrity Drag Race (S1) [VH1] | ★★★½ | This was super fun! I really thought it was going to be a disaster but it actually turned out pretty good! /// 4 Episodes

36. 5/16 - Rupaul's Drag Race: Untucked! (S12) [VH1] | ★★★ | A decent season of Untucked. Not bad, not great. /// 12 Episodes

37. 5/17 - Ozark (S3) [Netflix] | ★★★★ | Solid season of Ozark! Tom Pelphrey was incredible. /// 10 Episodes

38. 5/24 - The Great (S1) [Hulu] | ★★★½ | This would've been SO. MUCH. BETTER. Had it been just a few episodes shorter. The amount of episodes just kills the pacing. /// 10 Episodes

39. 5/25 - Run (S1) [HBO] | ★★½ | This was alright, but the story made absolutely no sense and went nowhere. I hate that Phoebe Waller-Bridge's name is attached to something so mediocre. /// 7 Episodes

40. 5/26 - Nailed It! (S1) [Netflix] |
★★★ | The perfect show to have playing in the background! Really fun and wholesome. /// 6 Episodes

41. 5/30 -
Rupaul's Drag Race (S12) [VH1] | ★★★★½ | After a disastrous 11th season, Drag Race returns with one of the best seasons to date. An incredible cast of queens helped the already improved upon challenges and formed something that is easily enjoyable from beginning to end, all topped off with a wonderful finale and a deserving winner. To quote myself from my AJ and the Queen review: I love drag. I love Drag Race. I love drag queens. I love drag culture. I love LGBTQIA+ media. I love camp. I pledge allegiance to the drag, always and forever. /// 14 Episodes
June - 6 Seasons
42. 6/2 - Killing Eve (S3) [BBC] | ★★★½ | This was so much better than season 2. Finale was a bit underwhelming but the final scene made up for it. /// 8 Episodes

43. 6/9 - We're Here (S1) [HBO] | ★★★★½ | Empowering show. Was not expecting to fall in love with it as much as I did. /// 6 Episodes

44. 6/15 - Nailed it! (S2) [Netflix] | ★★★ | More Nailed It! not much else to add, really. /// 6 Episodes

45. 6/18 - Nailed it! Holiday! (S1) [Netflix] | ★★★ | It's more Nailed It! /// 6 Episodes

46. 6/30 - The Politician (S2) [Netflix] | ★★★ | Not as much of a fun was as the first season, but still a fun watch nonetheless. /// 7 Episodes

47. 6/30 - Harley Quinn (S2) [DC Universe] | ★★★★ | Not as good as the first season, but it comes damn close. God, I really hope we get a S3. /// 13 Episodes
July - 4 Seasons
48. 7/5 - Queer Eye (S5) [Netflix] | ★★★★ | Queer Eye continues to be incredible. /// 10 Episodes

49. 7/10 - Legendary (S1) [HBO Max] | ★★★★½ | Why are y'all gagging? They bring it to you every ball! I fucking LOVED this. Cannot wait for S2! /// 9 Episodes

50. 7/25 - Rupaul's Drag Race: All Stars (S5) [VH1] | ★★★ | Another disappointing season of All Stars? Ru, never! The new twist was cool and I actually like the winner this time around, but all the improvements are not enough to get All Stars out of the rut it's in. AS2 remains an outlier. /// 8 Episodes

51. 7/25 - Rupaul's Drag Race All Stars: Untucked (S5) [VH1] | ★★★ | An alright season of Untucked. Meh. /// 8 Episodes
August - 2 Seasons
52. 8/3 - The Umbrella Academy (S2) [Netflix] | ★★★★ | Just as good as S1! Really tempted to read the comics now. /// 10 Episodes

53. 8/6 - I'll Be Gone in the Dark (S1) [HBO] | ★★★★½ | Every single documentary series I've seen this year has been incredible, and this one's no exception. /// 6 Episodes
September - 3 Seasons
54. 9/4 - Canada's Drag Race (S1) [Crave] | ★★★½ | It's...more Drag Race. Great TV but....my God, I'm exhausted. I hope they scale back the production of Seasons a bit, this is way too many for a year. /// 10 Episodes

55. 9/12 - Survivor (S1) [CBS] | ★★★ | My journey with Survivor begins! I'm planning to watch all 40(?) seasons over the next god knows how many years! This season was rough around the edges (as expected) but still enjoyable. /// 14 Episodes

56. 9/26 - Rupaul's Drag Race: Vegas Revue (S1) [VH1] | ★★ | It's Drag Race: Trashy Reality TV Edition! It was fun seeing the queens outside of a competition setting, but everything other than that was meh. /// 6 Episodes
October - 2 Seasons
57. 10/14 - The Boys (S2) [Amazon] | ★★★★ | Not as as strong as the first season, but still pretty fucking good. /// 8 Episodes

58. 10/20 - Lovecraft Country (S1) [HBO] | ★★★ | Some really high highs but low lows. The premise is fantastic, but the execution is sloppy. /// 10 Episodes
November - 2 Seasons
59. 11/3 - We Are Who We Are (S1) [HBO] | ★★★★½ | I am slowly becoming a Luca Guadagnino fanboy. This was incredible! /// 8 Episodes

60. 11/6 - Drag Race Holland (S1) [Videoland] | ★★★ | It-it's more Drag Race! (please help). /// 8 Episodes
December - 11 Seasons
61. 12/4 - The Walking Dead: World Beyond (S1) [AMC] | ★★★ | This started off really badly and ended really well. /// 10 Episodes

62. 12/16 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars (S1) [DP] | ★★ | Woof. I've heard it gets better, though. /// 22 Episodes

63. 12/17 - The Amazing Race (S32) [CBS] | ★★★ | A pretty "meh" season of TAR, but still a really fun watch. /// 12 Episodes

64. 12/18 - The Mandalorian (S2) [DP] | ★★★★½ | 85% of this season was pure fanservice, but I honestly didn't mind. A bit stronger than S1 in my opinion, but both seasons are fantastic and are the best Star Wars content ever produced from what I've seen. /// 8 Episodes

65. 12/19 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars (S2) [DP] | ★★½ | A lesser woof, but still a woof. /// 22 Episodes

66. 12/19 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars (S3) [DP] | ★★★½ | A MUCH more solid season than the previous two. Some really, really great arcs here! /// 22 Episodes

67. 12/22 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars (S4) [SP] | ★★★½ | Higher highs than S3, but lower lows. /// 22 Episodes

68. 12/23 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars (S5) [DP] | ★★★½ | As with every other season, this was wildly inconsistent. The final two arcs, however, are easily the best of the show's so far. /// 20 Episodes

69. 12/24 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars (S6) [DP] | ★★★ | Some good arc here, but the Mace & Jar Jar arc was definitely one of the series' worst. /// 13 Episodes

70. 12/24 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars (S7) | ★★★★ | Easily the best season of the show. Beautifully animated, and the last four episodes were fantastic. /// 12 Episodes

71. 12/27 - Star Wars Rebels (S1) | ★★★ | I enjoyed this much more than The Clone Wars' earlier seasons. The shorter overall length + the serialized nature of the show makes it flow a lot better. /// 15 Episodes

Other Challenges:
52 Games. 1 Year. 2020. - Completed!

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ok let's try this then! Main Post!

h3Canl3.jpg

Season #1 - The Witcher Season 1
Episodes: 8
Rating: ★★★

I ended up really liking it even tho I wasn't sure what to expect going in with the mixed response, and it was quite hard to get into in the first couple of episodes because the editing seemed super weird, but once I realised that each story is happening in a different time (I'm not even going to spoiler tag that because I legit think it's something everyone should know going in to not get blndsided by it) it all made a lot more sense. It's also a show that gets better the further in you get, the last couple of episodes in particular are great. Cavil clearly loves the material but the rest of the cast was great too I think, especially Yen and Jaskier. It's a very solid foundation for season 2 even if it's a bumpy ride to get there.

pveZBxO.jpg

Season #2 - The Good Place Season 1
Episodes: 13
Rating: ★★★★★

Been holding off resuming The Good Place for ages now (stopped very early in season 2 back in the day) so I decided to rewatch Season 1 to refresh my memory, and it's just as good as I remember. Easily one of the strongest first seasons I remember seeing, the premise is super neat, the cast is absolutely fantastic, its clever, funny, just overall a very good comedy. And with that big twist ending, I'm excited to see what they do in the following seasons.

Season #3 - The Good Place Season 2
Rating: ★★★★

On to new stuff then, with another solid season that doesn't quite get to the highs of Season 1, mainly because it was missing a lot of the zanny wackiness the first season had (even if the CGI was sometimes off, I still apreciated it). It's still very solid and funny, but
Michael's face turn
was a bit too rushed in my opinion and I'm not much of a fan of where it leaves things for Season 3.

Season #4 - The Good Place Season 3

Another solid-but-not-as-strong-as-the-first season, and I apreciate how they keep changing the premise in a show that you would think would be hard to do. Still funny, still cute, cast is still great (especially the lady that plays Janet), not much to say really, just a very pleasant season of a very pleasant show.

Season #5 - The Good Place Season 4

Easily the worst season and it really felt like they had run out of ideas by the end. I apreciated the return of the zanny CGI stuff, but the new characters did nothing for me, and like I said, it just felt they ran out of ideas. The season/series finale was fantastic tho.

UFHEh9O.jpg

Season #6 - Ozark Season 2
Episodes: 10

Another strong season from a show that I feel was unjustly dismissed by many as "another Breaking Bad" when in reality it feels nothing like that show, especially this season. Easily one of the bleakest shows on tv, both thematically and even how it looks, we continue to follow the Byrde family as they get deeper and deeper in the hole they got themselves into with little hope of escape. Like I said, shit is bleak. Between this and HBO's The Outsider, I am totally down with serious drama Jason Bateman. Season 3 is coming this year and as much as I like the show, I wouldnt mind if it was the last, feels about right for the show it is.

nCBUKk3.jpg

Season #7 - Luther Season 5
Episodes: 4
Rating: ★★

So I actually am not that big of a fan of this series as a whole, certainly not how most people seem to be. I liked season 1, and even that annoyed me at how outlandish it got, and it's just been getting worse since, culminating in the worst of the lot in my opinion. Just feels like they were rehashing the same plot points again (which for a 4 episode per season show is something) and not even the return of Alice made me enjoy this.

7v2xDaC.jpg

Season #8 - Rick & Morty Season 4 (Part 1?)
Episodes: 5

Uneven season (half of a season? who knows how this works these days) where the highs were very high as usual, but it has quite a few lows for only 5 episodes. Still funny, still utterly bizarre and like nothing on tv so I always enjoy it, but after such a long wait, I couldnt help but be a bit disapointed.

LTcZ7q2.png

Season #9 - Unbelievable (Limited Series)

Absolutely floored by this mini series, easily my favorite 2019 release (time to amend my vote!), the subject is pretty hard to stomach (serial rapist) and there are actually some really unconfortable scenes of the acts. but the focus on the police procedure, the victims stories, a stellar cast especially the three leading actresses, just super compelling all the way through. Highly recomended.

DhhclLw.jpg

Season #10 - Locke & Key Season 1

Another Netflix show based on a cult comic book series, this never reached the heights that Umbrella Academy did for me, and the "young adult" aspect of it isnt really my cup of tea, but it was enjoyable from start to finish, has some really neat ideas with the whole magic keys thing (I've never read the comics), some cool visuals, a good hook at the end, so yeah, it's a easy watch especially if you are into "fantastical" shows.

pGlWOVk.jpg

Season #11 - The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 2
Episodes: 9

After season 1 was a bit of a disappointment, I struggled to watch this initially as I found it quite boring, but I recently got back to it for a rewatch / resume and while the first 2 or 3 eps are a bit boring, the second half of thes eason gets crazy, as they lean in to the satanic and magic stuff much more heavily, and thus the show is much more fun. It's still a bit trashy (if not full trashy), but it's the good kind of trash in my opinion and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's also much more in tone with what I wanted season 1 to be, as it's much darker. Cool premise for season 3 too, so I'm looking forward to that one.

Season #12 - The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 3

Show continues to be trash and dumb, but it scratches that buffy itch and it keeps going places I don't expect so I guess it's the definition of a guilty pleasure. Also much like season 2, it ends much stronger than it starts (I was about ready to give it 2 stars much like season 2 but once again they win me over halfway through) and they continue to tease Cthulhu type stuff for Season 4 so I guess I'm not going anyware.

TjIt2Lw.jpg

Season #13 - Castlevania Season 3

Whew, I loved this one. It's very slow which apparently is turning a lot of people off, but I loved how focused it was on dialogue (a lot of very random like 10minutes of Isaac talking to a demon lol), I really liked the various stories with Trevor, Sypha, Isaac, Alucard and the vampire sisters, and I love how messed up everything is (Warren Ellis is not a pleasant fellow afterall). There's still some good action to be found especially in the last 2 episodes, but overall, it's a much slower season but I was hooked throughout.

8F6MWAh.jpg

Season #14 - What We Do In the Shadows Season 1

Fantastic and hilarious, one of the rare comedy shows where I love every character, and also one of those rare cases where it's actually better than the original movie in my opinion. Sharp writing, surprisingly good visual effects and just great performances out of everyone (especially Natasia Demetriou who I never seen in anything before and is hilarious) make this easily one of my favorite shows in a while, certainly my favorite comedy.

mFaKtHL.jpg

Season #15 - Community Season 1
Episodes: 25

Easily one of the best debut seasons for a show ever, it's still as funny, imaginative and well written as it was back in 99, and it's funny to go back and see how many of the show's lasting bits all came from the first season (which I guess doesnt bode well for the rest of the show, especially the later seasons). Tons of memorable episodes, a great cast (I still don't particularly enjoy Pierce) and with only one episode I would consider "bad" (the season finale, but it leads into a great season 2 opener so even that is fine), it's easily one of my favorite seasons of a show I love, but unfortunately couldnt maintain it's fantastic early quality. But that's a story for another day.

Season #16 - Community Season 2
Episodes: 24

Season 2 maintains the same funny, witty and wacky stuff, leaning more on the cartoonish stuff (in a good way) and having a few classic episodes (dungeons and dragons and the conspiracy episodes for example), a great 2-part sequel to the paintball episode as the season finale, and overall being just as good as season 1.

Season #17 - Community Season 3
Episodes: 22

And thus ends the Dan Harmon trilogy before he got booted off the show (to later return), and pretty much as good a set of 3 seasons (or 3 first seasons at least) I can think of with any show. I actually think its not as strong as the first two, only slightly, and I was gonna rate it 4/5 but then the Law and Order ep alone is worth the extra star, and I love the show so I'm biased, sue me. This was also the last season I watched back in the day, so I guess it will be interesting to see how I feel from now on.

Season #18 - Community Season 4

Wow, I expected Harmon's exit to affect the show but not this much, I guess it really goes to show how important showrunners are. The whole season just felt super flat, uninteresting, there were barely any hijinks, troy/Britta did not work at all, Pierce was barely in it (more backstage drama), I hate to use a cliche but it just felt soulless. Huge bummer and hopefully the next ones are better with Harmon returning.

Season #19 - Community Season 5

Fantastic return to form as Dan Harbon returned to the show, while it never gets to the same highs as the first three seasons, it's certainly much better than whatever season 4 was, it has some great episodes that would hold up with some of the series classics, and most importantly, it feels like community again. Donald Glover leaving ater 5 episodes was a blow to the show, but Jonathan Banks as a new professor and the return of John Oliver were both great additions.

Season #20 - Community Season 6

And more cast hemorrhaging as we lose Yvette Nicole Brown, John Oliver is gone again and Jonathan Banks isnt back either (shame, he was a good addition to S5), and we get Keith David and Paget Brewster joining, who were both ok but season 6 is the show pretty much on it's last legs so they weren't given much to work with. the season itself is ok (better than season 4 at least) but it seems they had next to no budget on Yahoo and much like season 4, the whole thing feels very unremarkable (even tho Harmon was on board). A bitter sweet ending to a very uneven, but overall fantastic show, especially if you mostly focus on the first 3 seasons.

izAt5ht.jpg

Season #21 - Lucifer Season 3
Episodes: 26

Very disapointed with this, as Seasons 1 and 2 were guilty pleasures, easy to watch procedurals with Tom Ellis being super charismatic and compleetly carrying the show, but Season 3 was a disjointed mess, completely butchered the Season 2 cliffhanger, Lucifer himself wasnt as fun as usually (in fact most of the characters were compleetly off) and both the main story and most of the filler episodes were awful, which at least makes me curious to see how they handle a shorter season with the Netflix move.

Season #22 - Lucifer Season 4

Great return to form with the move to Netflix, as the shorter episode count improves the pacing bya factor of 10, they can get away with a bit more compared to network, and most importantly, the show is fun again. It's still a procedural for better or worse but the main story advances much faster, Eve was a fun addition to the cast, Chloe finally knows the truth and the story arc both feels complete if the show was over (which is not) but also as a great cliffhanger to see what they do next (which they are). I'm just glad to have my guilty pleasure back.

M3aGizo.jpg

Season #23 - iZombie Season 1

Now this was a fun show, especially once I got over the "oh there's zombies infiltrated everywhere? ok then" premise hump (which granted WAS a hump for me when I tried to watch the show years ago). Great cast with great chemistry between them, great villain (well, Blaine at least, not the mega corp guys), fun cases for the procedural itch-scratching and I'm a big sucker for shows where actors can act out in different ways every ep (not unlike Burn Notice or Orphan Black), so overall this pretty much ticked every box for me. It's also very easy to watch and all 13 eps flew by AND it has a good lead-in premise for season 2. Good stuff.

Season #24 - iZombie Season 2
Episodes: 19

A bigger season that unfortunately ends up feeling a little bloated, juggling 4 or 5 different main stories and not really landing any of them. Still super fun, and the characters are still great and have great chemistry, but in the end I felt a little disapointed and I'm not sure how to feel with the direction they are going at the end of the season. I know the next seasons are back to 13 episodes so hopefully they will be more focused like season 1 was. Still lot's of fun and very easy to watch.

Season #25 - iZombie Season 3

Yeah I'm really not a fan of the direction the show went. The bigger scope feels like it came too fast (I guess the show always struggling with ratings made them get to the endgame faster?) and it's just not what I wanted out of the series, I miss the more intimate feel of season 1. It also still suferes from too many main stories and every new romantic interest they drop in (and quickly out) for every character is bad. Series is losing me fast unfortunately.

Season #26 - iZombie Season 4

I continue to be at a crossroads with the show, as I still don't like where they went with it like I said in Season 3, but at the same time I do appreciate how committed they are to it at least. Still, a lot of the fun of the show is gone for me, and unlike another show I'm watching (Supernatural) where I felt it needed a bigger scope, iZombie is the opposite and I still feel it should have retained the smaller scope of the first 2 seasons. Cast is still great but that's not enough to make it more than just "it's ok".

LUGfBmJ.jpg

Season #27 - Brooklyn Nine Nine Season 7

Another solid season for one of my favorite shows, even if it's a shorter one (and feels like it as some storylines, particularly Jake and Amy's baby story feels super rushed), it's still very funny, smart and just very consistant even on it's 7th season.

3a0oA4S.jpg

Season #28 - Supernatural Season 1

Been wanting to revisit this for ages and it's finally time, and it more than holds up these days. Some funky 2000s era CGI aside, it's still super fun, with great monster of the week episodes, fantastic chemistry between the actors, and with a main arc I actually care more about than the filler stuff (which is the opposite of stuff like the X-Files for me). Speaking of The X-Files, it really scratches the same "roadtrip across america dealing with supernatural stuff in small towns" itch that show did, which gives it bonus brownie points. The only reason I'm not going the full monty on the rating is because I feel its a show that got better as the mythology and side characters grew (for example, fan favorite Castiel doesn't even join until season 4), but it's still super fun.

Season #29 - Supernatural Season 2

If in my iZombie seasons 3 and 4 I said I didnt think growing the scope of the show was a good thing, with Supernatural I feel the opposite and not only did it really need to go beyond just the two brothers, it started doing so with this season and in a great way. From more random hunters, to introducing Bobby, Ellen and Jo and the stakes just overall being much bigger with hell literally opening up, this is really the season where I feel Supernatural starts feeling like supernatural. Granted we still have a whole full season until Castiel joins which is the other big tentpole for the show, but this was super fun, with a bigger scope oh and the start of comedic episodes, which much like the X-Files, are a awesome change of pace and end up being some of the best episodes. Great overall.

Season #30 - Supernatural Season 3
Episodes: 16

Weird season, it continues to grow the mythology and cast, bringing in some good (Ruby) and not so good (Bela) foes / allies, which I love, but at the same time it feels very much like a transitional season (it was clear by this point they had a 5 year plan) where nothing much actually happens in the grand scheme, and unfortunately it was hit by the now infamous writer strike that many shows were hit by, making it shorter than usual and feeling ultimately rushed. I mean, the big bad doesnt even show up until episode 12, which would be fine usually since it was half of a normal season, but here it was 4 eps before the finale so the whole Lillith arc felt rushed. Still, it has some great episodes, and even tho it's a running joke how many times Sam and Dean "die" it was cool to see them go through with the deal Dean made in season 2. Next up, Cas time!

UKndAT2.jpg

Season #31 - Fleabag Season 1
Episodes: 6

Wow this absolutely floored me, one of the best shows I've seen in ages. Just fantastic all around with great acting, amazing writing, very funny but also very dark, it's very rare a comedy (or any genre really) connects with me emotionally but this sure did. Phoebe is incredible but most of the cast is really good,and it's refreshing to see a show not ashamed about sex (speaking of, same for Sex Education, another British show, funny that). Kind of a bummer to know there's only two seasons, but maybe that's why it's so special.

Season #32 - Fleabag Season 2
Episodes: 6

Another banger of a season, the last apparently, and it's just as good as the first one, which is saying something. Just as witty, funny, dark as before, Phobe is even better if thats possible as is the rest of the cast, my only issue if I can call it that is that the main arc didnt connect with me as much as the first season did, but that's a personal thing really. Highly recommended along with season 1, it's truly a special show.

ltRcYFV.jpg

Season #33 - Supernatural Season 4

We go full biblical in season 4 as Angels, God, Lucifer, Prophets are introduced and it's all sorts of crazy, the good kind of crazy. Castiel finally joins the show to shippers delight everywhere (even if he's a real dick for the first half of it), the scope grows super high but as long as you go along with the show's obvious lack of budget it's a great time. Some fantastic episodes (my favorite being the one that introduces Chuck the prophet as it's the most meta shit ever), probably the darkest season so far and it ends on a fantastic cliffhanger, it's pretty much Supernatural at it's best as we move towards what many (most?) people think should have been the last season. But that's a story for another day.

Season #34 - Supernatural Season 5

And we reach what many consider should have been the last season (and I don't necessarily disagree) with another great season, as we finish the Apocalypse storyline, Mark Pellegrino is a great Lucifer (I thought he was in it more actually), Castiel is fully in his goofy bro mode now and it's glorious, and the season introduces some that are major recurring characters like Crowley and Death (both played by great actors). Fantastic eason overall with a great ending to the series, except of course it wasn't, so it is what it is. Carry on my wayward son indeed...

8F6MWAh.jpg

Season #35 - What We Do In the Shadows Season 2

While still funny and certainly one of the best comedies around, I feel like season 2 was quite a bit weaker than the firs tone, it's very uneven and about halfway through it dips in quality a lot, before picking back up for the last couple of episodes. Still, well worth watching and I love the characters, so I'm happy it was renewed. If I did half stars it would probably be 3.5, but I dont want to bump it down to 3 so it gets a generous 4.

MEjKEL5.jpg

Season #36 - The Politician Season 1

What a huge dissappointment this was, even tho maybe I should have seen it coming, as much of a Ryan Murphy fan I am, a lot (most?) of his stuff ends up being trash. Usually, its fun trash, and that's what The Politician starts as to be fair, I was enjoyed it for the msot part until around halfway through, but then it just completely falls apart, the situations and characters get way too ridiculous, none of the characters are likeable and the whole thing is just a huge mess by the end. It sorta comes back with the last episode (which itself feels more like a season 2 episode than a season 1 finale) with a promising cliffhanger, but since it seems Season 2 is as much of a mess as Season 1 judging by it's reviews, not even that can save this. I was hoping for good fun trash, but all I got was just...trash.

DWKqBSQ.jpg

Season #37 - Patriot Act Volume 6

Patriot Act continues to fill the void that Jon Stewart's The Daily Show left (specifically Stewart's version in my opinion), even without audience because of the Covid-19 pandemic. Just a fantastic, informative, funny, savage show that is always a great watch. Special props to the George Floyd episode where Hasan barely did any jokes and was quite visibily angry throughout it. I hope Netflix never cancels this show.

UNbMmiO.png

Season #38 - Supernatural Season 6

And here we go, the dreaded long road after season 5, and it starts... ok-ish? It's definitely a big step down from season 5, but I guess I'm just a Supernatural fanboy since I can still enjoy it (I doubt I'll rate any season below 3, we'll see). It's a much darker season with emo souless Sam, Castiel barely around busy with his heaven war, most of it doesnt really work (I hated Mitch Pileggi coming back even if I love the actor), but as usual it has some stellar episodes (the amazing French Mistake super-meta episode for example), and it kinda brings it back by the end with Cas going full dark side which is a nice cliffhanger, so overall, mediocre but I still enjoy it, what can I say.

1C0SzuH.jpg

Season #39 - The Boys Season 1

A great subversion of the Superhero genre (not shocking since the comic was a Garth Ennis joint) that sees the heros are corporate divas more than good guys out to save the world, the show hooked me from the first minute with it's premise and for the most part delivers on a good (if fucked up) story. With super over the top violence (and cursing) and an amazing cast, it's hard not to have a good time with The Boys, especially if you are a comic book nerd like me. It also looks amazing, with some great special effects and stuntwork, it's super breezy at only 8 episodes (even if they are long ones clocking in at about 1 hour each) and it was easily one of my favorite shows I've seen recently. Can't wait for season 2.

ebMTFzW.jpg

Season #40 - Watchmen Season 1

Bit of a cheat with this one I'll admit (not unlike The Politician) because I somehow still had the last episode to watch, but hey I only finished it now so it counts! Anyway, this was overall fantastic and in my opinion, a worthy sequel to the comic (and the movie I guess but since that had changes from the OG that the show refers to, it's really a sequel to the comic first). Amazing visuals, fantastic cast (Regina King, more like Regina Queen am I right?) and a perfect mix of new stuff but just enough old characters and themes to satisfy the fans, it was just super well made and the themes it touches are more relevant than ever these days with what's going on.

1cYqG8a.jpg

Season #41 - The Marvelous Mrs.Maisel Season 1

Finally got around to watching this and it's as wonderful as it was hyped to be, it would have easily been my show of the year had I watched it when it aired, and it's probably my favorite show I watched this year even if it's not from 2020. One of the rare shows where I just love everything about it, from the stylized 50s asthetic, the amazing soundtrack, the sharp and witty writing and the amazing cast that gives life to all the characters (one of the rare shows where I love every character, even Joel who you are supposed to root against). Of course special mention has to go to both Rachel Brosnahan and Alex Borstein, both just simply sublime in their roles as Midge and Susie, to the point where haflway through episode 1 I had to google if this show had won all the awards because Rachel was just so ridiculously good (and yes it did win all the awards). Just a near perfect show in my opinion and I hope seasons 2 and 3 are as good.

Season #42 - The Marvelous Mrs.Maisel Season 2

A bit disapointed with this one, not sure if it was the extra 2 episodes, or the arcs that didn't do much for me (both the france stuff and the summer resort stuff didn't click with me), but something felt off this season. Granted Season 1 was hard to beat since it was one of my favorite things in years, but still, I can't help but be a little bummed out. The acting is still top notch, as is the writing and dialogues so at the end of the day it's still great, but I wish it focused more on Midge's career (whcih having watched some of season 3 now, that one does and it much better for it) and less on stuff like the summer vacation. also Zachary Levi's character was cool but is apparently written off the show out of nowhere so that's a shame.

Season #43 - The Marvelous Mrs.Maisel Season 3

Now this is more like it, as we again focus primarely on Midge's career and the show is much better for it. It continues to have some of the best acting on TV, the Shy Baldwin tour arc was great (as was the ending to it leading to season 4), and the "side stuff" with Midge's family and Joel was much better than Season 2 aswell. I actually really like what they do with Joel's character throughout the show, as you expect the typical "cheating husband bad guy trope" but you instead get someone that fucked up, sure, but tries very hard to redeem himself and seems to be overall a good guy. Even Susie's little arc with Sophie was good. Can't wait for Season 4 as this is EASILY one of the best shows on tv right now.

m3IP1w0.png

Season #44 - Upload Season 1

This was unfortunately a big disappointment after all the hype it got, it's certainly charming but it falls short of something like The Good Place which does the premise much better (and much funnier) in my opinion. The idea is neat and it has some cool visual effects going for it, and I really like Andy Allo (actually I like all the actresses) but Robbie Amell is a charisma vacuum (not unlike his arrow shooting brother), and the story ends up being the most romance cliche imaginable, mixed with a weird murder who-done-it that doesnt really fit the vibe the show is going for in my opinion. It's ok-ish but nothing more than that.

vousAAF.jpg

Season #45 - Mr. Robot Season 1

Easily one of my favorite shows in the last few years, with a fantastic cast and great writing, Malek acting his ass off and Slater having the time of his life, this stylish hacker thriller never ceases to entertain, with twists and turns at every turn (some of which you see coming a mile away but that's fine). No idea how they stretch this over multiple seasons as I dropped off the show after season 1 back in the day (in fact I just found out during this rewatch I never actually finished season 1 back then), but I hear the quality holds up so I'm excited to see where it goes. Oh and it has a stellar soundtrack too.

CdemJy7.jpg

Season #46 - Superstore Season 1
Episodes: 11

Wow this was a nice surprise, or rather, I guess confirmation since I had heard great things about it, but knew very little about it, but Superstore turned out to be quite a fantastic comedy show, easily one of the best around. It starts a little rough, but once it finds it's rhytmn and you get familiar with the characters, it gets really good especially since all the characters are good and funny (which doesnt happen often in ensamble casts). I really enjoyed this and I'm very looking forward to watching more.

Season #47 - Superstore Season 2

And as it establishes it's characters ands etting better with more episodes to flesh out the cast, Superstore also establishes itself as probably my favorite comedy show atm, at least neck and neck with Brooklyn Nine Nine (where's my crossover NBC?). As I said the characters seem much better fleshed out, Cheyenne in particular is much better, I like the various storylines throughout the season, nice tease for Amy and Jonah at the end, and pretty much hilarious throughout, just a fantastic season overall.

Season #48 - Superstore Season 3

Another fantastic season that continues to improve on his huge cast, this time around with Sandra and Marcus getting noticeable improvements. Amy and Jonah's will they won't they continues as expected, and the whole thing is just funny and witty from start to end. Continues to be one of my favorite comedies.

Season #49 - Superstore Season 4

The streak continues as season 4 is another great season, although the first half annoyed me a little for some reason, it felt a notch below previous seasons. The second half picks up and ends great tho, and the new dynamic with Amy and Jonah's relationship and Amy and Dina's friendship really made me enjoy the second half. Weirdly dark ending to the season tho. Now the long wait until Prime has season 5 begins...

izAt5ht.jpg

Season #50 - Lucifer Season 5 Part 1

The Netflix version of Lucifer continues to be great, and the lower episode count does wonders for the show. While still a procedural, they get to the main story beats much faster, Tom Ellis continues to be super charming, and the main story for this season is pretty good with Lucifer and Chlor now an official item and a good foil for them is introduced. Great cliffhanger for part 2 aswell, so overall, another strong outing for the show.

O9Nj4vB.jpg

Season #51 - Cobra Kai Season 1

I'll mirror the phrase I've most heard about this show and say "This has no business being as good as it is". A huge surprise, this true sequel to Karate Kid manages to capture the essence of the movie (the first one), whilst somehow making a compelling teen highschool teen drama (I guess to be fair, the movie was also a teen drama lol). Great 80s soundtrack, great story, the acting is a little iffy but in a charming 80s way, overall just a ton of fun and super faithful to the movie. Fantastic cliffhanger too.

Season #52 - Cobra Kai Season 2

Another great season, relying less on Karate Kid nostalgia and doing more of it's own thing (and it's own thing continues to be what amounts to a high school drama in disguise, which is just weird to me), I really like where the show goes with the dueling Dojos, Reese coming to the show is great since it gives us a actual badguy to hate, and Johnny finally shows some real growth. Like I said, even the highschool drama is somehow captivating, its just a fun show all around, and I can't wait for season 3 (hopefully with Elizabeth shue now that she's done with The Boys).

vJ2wVb5.jpg

Season #53 - The Umbrella Academy Season 2

I was already a fan of the first season (one of the few?) but this one was better in every way. Great story with lots of time travel shenanigans, the cast is still fantastic especially the kid that plays 5 (much like in season 1), but most of them get a chance to shine, a lot of characters get more depth (Diego in particular), CGI looks great, it's just overall a super fun romp that climaxes in a great finale and leaves with another great cliffhanger, one that will become a cruel cliffhanger if Netflix axes the show... don't you dare Netflix!

Lf7tzlS.jpg

Season #54 - The Haunting of Bly Manor

While I can understand the divisiveness of this season compared to Hill House (that one was certainly easier to digest and more "mainstream"), I ended up loving Bly Manor, and Mike Flanagan continues to do no wrong in my book (even if he mostly produced this season). Less of a horror show and more gothic romance this time around (it really helps knowing this going in in my opinion), with another great cast (many returning from Hill House) and once again beautifully shot, Bly Manor tells a wonderful, almost fairytale-esque story of love, weaving in some creepies here and there, but again, never fully being a horror show (I don't even think theres a single jump scare IIRC). It all wraps up perfectly together too which I apreciated, and in the end I really loved the story, but again, don't go into this expecting scares, only feels :p

1C0SzuH.jpg

Season #55 - The Boys Season 2

Not as strong as the first season in my opinion, nonetheless The Boys continues to be a fun and wild ride, with gore and super-hero antics a plenty, it just felt a little disjointed at times in season 2, and some of the story arcs either didn't do much for me or didn't go anyware. The cast is still great, even if newcommer Stormfront was one of the things that didn't really land for me, the special effects are still fantastic and I'm looking forward where it goes from here, but as a whole it felt like a step down for me. Still fun tho.

6ttkK7q.jpg

Season #56 - Orphan Black Season 1

One of my favorite shows in years and one of the strognest first seasons to a show I've ever seen, I'm happy to say that it didn't skip a beat in this rewatch, if anything it's even better than I remembered! Tatiana Maslany is a literal chameleon playing 5 or 6 completely different roles (it's scary really), the story is super engaging, the characters are fantastic (shout out to mah boy Felix), it's just an awesome show as long as you don't mind the "science" of it all. No but for realsies tho, Tatiana is ridiculous, my goodness.

lHAJwxS.jpg

Season #57 - The Queen's Gambit
Episodes: 7

Probably my show of 2020, this super compelling story about a chess prodigy and her journey to be the best in the world is wonderfully shot, fantastically written and Anya Taylor-Joy delivers a star making performance (although to be fair she's had plenty of those all the way back to The Witch when she was young). Great soundtrack too, and I must stress this again, it's visually gorgeous (which is not something I expected from a show about chess of all things) with countless beautiful shots and imaginative scenes. Just an absolute joy from start to end, a must watch for Taylor-Joy's performance alone and like I said, probably my favorite show this year.

jPkMuGa.jpg

Season #58 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Season 1
Episodes: 26

Technically 2 seasons in Japan, but in the west they put both together as part 1 and part 2 (each with it's own name but ok) and call it season 1, and since that's what Netflix calls it, that's what I'll use. Anyway, this was super fun overall, but it's a bit of an aquired taste. The art style is strange to say the least (I love how stylized and colorful it is tho), it suffers WAY too much from "description of what's going on" syndrome, and it's very silly, but at the same time like I said, it's super fun, has a ton of heart and it's quite different from most anime. Part 2 is the star here (and also has a lot more eps to breathe), but I didn't dislike Part 1 as many seem to (still if I was rating just part 1 it would probably be 3/5). Quite looking forward to watch more, especially when thee seasons are very self containted, another thing the show does different from most animes.

yvU63Ne.jpg

Season #59 - Big Mouth Season 4

Another fantastic season for Big Mouth, with the first third taking place at summer camp (which was a nice change of pace), dealing a lot with the fallout of season 3 with Jessi going away to New York, Andrew and Nick's friendship troubles and Missy coming into her own. Speaking of Missy, I like the way they handled the change of her voice actress, I thought it was nicely done. Jay and Lola get a cute storyline aswell, but it's the new "emotion as a character" that is the star as they introduce the anxiety mosquito(s) and once again, much like the shame wizard and the depression cat, completely nail the feeling whilst still making a funny cartoon out of it. Be warned tho, there's quite a bit of cartoon genitalia on display, and since technically these are teenagers, I could see how that could leave some folk uncomfortable.

6ttkK7q.jpg

Season #60 - Orphan Black Season 2

Bit of a drop in quality in this one, and for the first half of the season I was ready to drop my rating down to a 3 (if not lower) as none of the early stories were doing anything for me (Helena with the Proletians or Alison in rehab) but they turned it around in a big way in the second half and the introduction of the male clones and all the crazy bullshit that comes with that angle really spiced things up and left me thirsty for season 3.

mandos2.png

Season #61 - The Mandalorian Season 2

Very bummed out about this one as overall I felt super dissapointed after absolutely loving season 1 last year. Somehow it felt even more aimless or "sidequest-y" than season 1 (it really does feel like a videogame come to life, and not in a good way), it started strong (especially with the Timothy Olyphant episode) but quickly petered into just blandness, none of the side characters introduced did anything for me, as the cartoon characters mean nothing to me since I didn't watch the cartoons, Boba Fett has always been incredibly overrated and the actor is terrible, and the "big one" at the end...mweh. It's still a fun show and I didn't dislike it, but at the same time, it feels like if I hadn't watched it I wouldn't care either. Shame.

Last edited:

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
01. The Boys (S1) - ★★★★
02. Dollface (S1) - ★★
06. Hell's Kitchen (S12) - ★★★

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SlipperyFishes : 3/52

Completed:
1. The Witcher - ★★★
2. You (S2) - ★★★★
3. ST: Discovery (S2) - ★★★★
Currently Watching:
Doctor Who: S12 - ★★ so far

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
ItchyTast: 5/52
1. The Crown S3 - ★★★
2. The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance S1 - ★★★★
3. The Witcher S1 - ★★★
4. Lost in Space S2 - ★★
5. The 100 S5 - ★★★

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
(1) You S2 [[Netflix]] - ★★★½

Now an original Netflix production, S2 builds on everything that made S1 great. The second season takes time to flesh out its source material with changes and additions, some subtle and others more apparent, for the better. Where You really elevates itself is in its carefully crafted characterization and exposition wrapped up in an atmosphere equal parts harrowing, creepy and familiar. It's uncanny how this show can humanize an irredeemable character like Joe and make him sympathetic to the viewers. While I find his ability to escape situations after he backs himself into a corner a little too ridiculous sometimes and need to suspend my disbelief, I do appreciate the psychological layers they peeled back in exploring his traumatic childhood and the effect it had on his warped worldview. Can't wait to see what's in store going forward. I'm hopeful that the show surprises again and doesn't head in the direction they hinted at in the 2nd season finale; there's a lot of story they can tell but there is a danger in playing it too safe and making Joe's new fascinations seem too familiar at some point.

(2) Lost In Space S2 [[Netflix]] - ½☆☆☆

The first season of this series bored me and I skipped numerous episodes; the second, addictive to say the least. Lost In Space is, from a production standpoint, the best looking show on TV at the moment. No expense is spared in its budget. If you turn your brain off and enjoy it for what it is, it provides a thrilling ride. Writing (constant deus ex machinas, trope riddled characters) and pacing (stuck in 6th gear) could use work but what the show lacks here, it makes up for with its action dependent narrative. I bounce back and forth on the Robinson family; they feel like ridiculous caricatures checking off the boxes too often for my liking and I am not invested in their stories as much as it feels like the show wants me to be. June Harris/Dr. Smith on the other hand, she is a ridiculously written evil villain but is, in my opinion, the most interesting character here and steals every scene she's in.

(1) You S2 [[Netflix]] - ★★★½☆

Blown away by how good The Morning Show is. Sorry for the long write-up (spoilers), but the show deserves it.

(3) The Morning Show S1 [[Apple TV+]] - ★★★★½

Where to begin. This show pulls back the curtains and reveals the dynamics at play that come into motion when powerful corporations, entities and people engage in insular practices with one purpose in mind. Protecting their own self interests above all else. TMS tackles these issues with sexual misconduct being the driver of the narrative and handles it in its rawest and most unadulterated form while brilliantly crafting an effective and powerful balance between its characters personal motivations, interpersonal dynamics and moral ambiguities that influence numerous interweaving plot threads. The entire season is captivating but the final 3 episodes are spellbinding and make the viewer bounce between every emotion on the spectrum. Hannah in the hotel room in Vegas with Mitch; Hannah confronting Fred and being silenced; Mitch victim blaming Hannah; Claire walking in on Hannah OD'd; all the final scenes of the season between Alex and Bradley... could go on and on, TMS absolutely murders the message it's trying to get across in these episodes and does it beautifully. From the writing to the production to the chemistry of the cast everything works splendidly here. Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston have great gravitas and work off one another wonderfully. Their characters, Alex and Bradley, likewise counterbalance each other perfectly and bring such an interesting contrast to one another while sometimes straddling but never quite veering into caricatures. Steve Carell is excellent as Mitch. Billy Crudup as Cory... has to be one of the most interesting and well written characters on television. Claire and Yanko's complicated relationship, Chip... Mia... so many multifaceted characters. I can't fucking wait for season 2. Apple TV+ may lack in content in comparison to competitors but The Morning Show is one of the best shows on television at the moment. Easily. It's natural to compare it to HBO's The Newsroom or The West Wing but The Morning Show is unique in its own regard and is perfectly positioned to tackle a lot of interesting topics going forward.

Last edited:

MsMuerta

Nov 8, 2017
1. The Boys S1 (Amazon Prime Video) - Completed on 02/01
2. Estoy Vivo S1 (Spanish TV show on Amazon Prime Video) - Completed on 04/01
3. Estoy Vivo S2 - Completed on 06/01
4. Estoy Vivo S3 - Completed on 09/01
5. Reawakening of Saiki K (Netflix)- Completed on 14/01
6. You S1 (Netflix) - Completed on 15/01
7. EastSiders S4 (Netflix) - Completed on 20/01
8. You S2 (Netflix) - Completed on 21/01
9. AJ and the queen (Netflix) -just as I thought... trash - Completed on 24/01
10. The Crown S1 (Netflix) - Completed on 25/01
11. Sex Education S2 (Netflix) - Completed on 26/01
12. Black Mirror S5 (Netflix) - Completed on 27/01
13. Tales of The City 2019 (Netflix) - Completed on 30/01
14. The Good Place S4 (Netflix) - Completed on 31/01
15. Bojack Horseman S6 (Netflx) - Completed on 01/02
16. The Stranger (2020)
17. Shame T3
18. Family Guy S17
19. Saiki K S2
20. Saiki K S3
21. Carole and Tuesday
22. Elite S3
23. Beastars
24. Road Trip S1
25. Skam Spain S3
26. Mickey Mouse Shorts S1
27. Steven Universe Future
28. Vamos Juan
29. Mickey Mouse Shorts S2
30. Death Note
31. Unorthodox
32. Safe
33. La casa de las flores S3
34. Kinou nani tabeta
35. Hollywood
36. Hi score Girl S2
37. Ghost Theater
38. Vida perfecta
39. The Good Fight S4
40. Drag Race S12
41. Untucked S12
42. Untucked S10
43. Mickey Mouse Shorts s3
44. 13 reasons why S4
45. LQSA S12
46. Keeping Up With The Kardashians S1
47. To be a God in Florida S1
48. Dead to me S2
49. The Politician S2
50. Killing Eve S1
51. Killing Eve S2
52. Killing Eve S3
53. London Spy
54. Divorce S3
55. Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich
56. Mira lo que has hecho S3
57. My Holo Love
58. Sakura: Clear Card
59. Grace and Frankie S1

Currently watching:
AHS: Roanoke
The Purge S1
Fleabag

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
05. Superstore (S4) - ★★★★

I got found out about the season finale, but it hurt me just as well, especially since I know all the characters more. Great season overall. Alao... Sue Heck!

That's it for bringing (unless I find the time for Harley Quinn). Back to my regularly scheduled Spring 2020 watch. In the summer, I plan on filling up the last gaps of shows I watched with Mom and The Carmichael Show, go through On My Block and finish a series I had been trying to for years: Xena Warrior Princess.

Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Spectromixer - 5/52 Seasons

Seasons:
  1. Runaways (2017 - 2019) - Season 3 ( 7 episodes)*
  2. Dracula (2020) - (3 episodes)
  3. The Twilight Zone (1959 - 1964) - Season 3 (37 episodes)
  4. Infinity Train (2019 - Present) - Book II (10 episodes)
  5. The Twilight Zone (1959 - 1964) - Season 4 (18 episodes)

*partial season, watched the other part of the season in 2019

Total episodes - 75

52 Books | 52 Movies 2020 Challenge

5th season complete

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
01. 01/02 The Wire S5 - ★★★
02. 01/04 The Vampire Diaries S6 - ★★★★
03. 01/10 The Vampire Diaries S7 - ★★★
04. 01/18 The Vampire Diaries S8 - ★★★★

Cade isn't a great villain, but at least they sticked the landing. They brought back the greatest hits, they gave everyone a satisfying ending with a finale that makes you cry for 20 minutes and earns this season the score, they finally tackled the impact of vampires problem.

Last edited:

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
01. The Boys (S1) - ★★★★
02. Dollface (S1) - ★★
07. Bless The Harts (S1) - ★★
08. Hell's Kitchen (S13) - ★★★
09. Infinity Train (S2) - ★★★★

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
06. Bless The Harts (S1) - ★★★

After years of failing to find a quality show to complete Animation Domination, Fox finally has a show decent enough for a watch and I'm glad the team was rewarded with a renewal. I hope they can improve further to match Bob's Burgers.

Oct 27, 2017

Now an original Netflix production, S2 builds on everything that made S1 great. The second season takes time to flesh out its source material with changes and additions, some subtle and others more apparent, for the better. Where You really elevates itself is in its carefully crafted characterization and exposition wrapped up in an atmosphere equal parts harrowing, creepy and familiar. It's uncanny how this show can humanize an irredeemable character like Joe and make him sympathetic to the viewers. While I find his ability to escape situations after he backs himself into a corner a little too ridiculous sometimes and need to suspend my disbelief, I do appreciate the psychological layers they peeled back in exploring his traumatic childhood and the effect it had on his warped worldview. Can't wait to see what's in store going forward. I'm hopeful that the show surprises again and doesn't head in the direction they hinted at in the 2nd season finale; there's a lot of story they can tell but there is a danger in playing it too safe making it seem familiar at some point.

The first season of this series bored me and I skipped numerous episodes; the second, addictive to say the least. Lost In Space is, from a production standpoint, the best looking show on TV at the moment. No expense is spared in its budget. If you turn your brain off and enjoy it for what it is, it provides a thrilling ride. Writing (constant deus ex machinas, trope riddled characters) and pacing (stuck in 6th gear) could use work but what the show lacks here, it makes up for with its action dependent narrative. I bounce back and forth on the Robinson family; they feel like ridiculous caricatures checking off the boxes too often for my liking and I am not invested in their stories as much as it feels like the show wants me to be. June Harris/Dr. Smith on the other hand, she is a ridiculously written evil villain but is, in my opinion, the most interesting character here and steals every scene she's in.

Where to begin. This show pulls back the curtains and reveals the dynamics at play that come into motion when powerful corporations, entities and people engage in insular practices with one purpose in mind. Protecting their own self interests above all else. TMS tackles these issues with sexual misconduct being the driver of the narrative and handles it in its rawest and most unadulterated form while brilliantly crafting an effective and powerful balance between its characters personal motivations, interpersonal dynamics and moral ambiguities that influence numerous interweaving plot threads. The entire season is captivating but the final 3 episodes are spellbinding and make the viewer bounce between every emotion on the spectrum. Hannah in the hotel room in Vegas with Mitch; Hannah confronting Fred and being silenced; Mitch victim blaming Hannah; Claire walking in on Hannah OD'd; all the final scenes of the season between Alex and Bradley... could go on and on, TMS absolutely murders the message it's trying to get across in these episodes and does it beautifully. From the writing to the production to the chemistry of the cast everything works splendidly here. Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston have great gravitas and work off one another wonderfully. Their characters, Alex and Bradley, likewise counterbalance each other perfectly and bring such an interesting contrast to one another while sometimes straddling but never quite veering into caricatures. Steve Carell is excellent as Mitch. Billy Crudup as Cory... has to be one of the most interesting and well written characters on television. Claire and Yanko's complicated relationship, Chip... Mia... so many multifaceted characters. I can't fucking wait for season 2. Apple TV+ may lack in content in comparison to competitors but The Morning Show is one of the best shows on television at the moment. Easily. It's natural to compare it to HBO's The Newsroom or The West Wing but The Morning Show is unique in its own regard and is perfectly positioned to tackle a lot of interesting topics going forward.

(4) Truth Be Told [
[Apple TV+]] - ★★★½

The powerful influences of media, race, mental health, privacy and the intricate ways they shape our own perceptions and biases as well as society's are the central questions Truth Be Told weaves its plot around. Poppy Parnell (Octavia Spencer) is an influential investigative journalist pod-caster who re-visits a case after the possibility emerges her reporting wrongly incriminated Warren Cave (Aaron Paul) for the murder of his neighbor nearly 20 years prior. Both Octavia Spencer and Aaron Paul absolutely shine and carry the show but Truth Be Told finds its real power in its examination of the familial machinations that have shaped each one of the three families and how they've inextricably had an effect on all of their lives. Poppy is a deeply flawed well written protagonist whose environment and past influences her motivations; Warren is a victim of consequence and collateral damage; Josie and Lanie are stuck in a vicious cycle of co-dependency centered around a traumatic childhood and mental illness. I really enjoyed the dive into the world crafted here. Another show where the critical consensus is dead wrong and the viewers get it right compared to the critics.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

Now an original Netflix production, S2 builds on everything that made S1 great. The second season takes time to flesh out its source material with changes and additions, some subtle and others more apparent, for the better. Where You really elevates itself is in its carefully crafted characterization and exposition wrapped up in an atmosphere equal parts harrowing, creepy and familiar. It's uncanny how this show can humanize an irredeemable character like Joe and make him sympathetic to the viewers. While I find his ability to escape situations after he backs himself into a corner a little too ridiculous sometimes and need to suspend my disbelief, I do appreciate the psychological layers they peeled back in exploring his traumatic childhood and the effect it had on his warped worldview. Can't wait to see what's in store going forward. I'm hopeful that the show surprises again and doesn't head in the direction they hinted at in the 2nd season finale; there's a lot of story they can tell but there is a danger in playing it too safe making it seem familiar at some point.

(4) Truth Be Told [[Apple TV+]] - ★★★½

The powerful influences of media, race, mental health, privacy and the intricate ways they shape our own perceptions and biases as well as society's are the central questions Truth Be Told weaves its plot around. Poppy Parnell (Octavia Spencer) is an influential investigative journalist pod-caster who re-visits a case after the possibility emerges her reporting wrongly incriminated Warren Cave (Aaron Paul) for the murder of his neighbor nearly 20 years prior. Both Octavia Spencer and Aaron Paul absolutely shine and carry the show but Truth Be Told finds its real power in its examination of the familial machinations that have shaped each one of the three families and how they've inextricably had an effect on all of their lives. Poppy is a deeply flawed well written protagonist whose environment and past influences her motivations; Warren is a victim of consequence and collateral damage; Josie and Lanie are stuck in a vicious cycle of co-dependency centered around a traumatic childhood and mental illness. I really enjoyed the dive into the world crafted here. Another show where the critical consensus is dead wrong and the viewers get it right compared to the critics.

(2)
Lost In Space S2 [[Netflix]] - ½☆☆☆

(5) Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez [[Netflix]] - ★★★☆☆

This limited miniseries delves into the life and circumstances of Aaron Hernandez and explores a number of aspects that led to his eventual murdering of Odin Lloyd. Throughout the course of 3 episodes, the topics of parenting, culture around the sport of football, sexual identity, repression of that sexual identity, chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) and other possible factors are considered as contributing or motivating factors. The common thread that links all of them together is toxic masculinity and how it makes people conform to harmful preconceived notions of what they should and shouldn't be. I appreciated the amount of effort that went into the angle of Aaron's purported bisexuality; Dennis SanSoucie and his father as well as Ryan O'Callaghan provide insight into their experiences and give us very personal glimpses into how unwelcoming the heterosexual world of sports is. What's frustrating, but expected, is the series leaving its viewers with more questions than answers to a complicated and mysterious personality who, unfortunately, is no longer able to answer any of those questions for us himself.

Last edited:

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
dead souls - 04/52

01. The Witcher (S1)- ★★
02. Dracula- ★★★1/2
04. You (S1)- ★★★

Had to see what the hype was about. Dumb, trashy fun. I loved every second of it.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Spectromixer - 7/52 Seasons

Seasons:
  5. The Twilight Zone (1959 - 1964) - Season 4 (37 episodes)
  6. The Witcher (2019-Present) - Season 1 (8 episodes)
  7. The Twilight Zone (1959 - 1964) - Season 5 (36 episodes)

Total episodes - 138

7th season finished

Last edited:

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see this until now, but I will participate 😃 Probably the only one of these I could ever get to fifty on in a year.

Oct 27, 2017

This limited miniseries delves into the life and circumstances of Aaron Hernandez and explores a number of aspects that led to his eventual murdering of Odin Lloyd. Throughout the course of 3 episodes, the topics of parenting, culture around the sport of football, sexual identity, repression of that sexual identity, chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) and other possible factors are considered as contributing or motivating factors. The common thread that links all of them together is toxic masculinity and how it makes people conform to harmful preconceived notions of what they should and shouldn't be. I appreciated the amount of effort that went into the angle of Aaron's purported bisexuality; Dennis SanSoucie and his father as well as Ryan O'Callaghan provide insight into their experiences and give us very personal glimpses into how unwelcoming the heterosexual world of sports is. What's frustrating, but expected, is the series leaving its viewers with more questions than answers to a complicated and mysterious personality who, unfortunately, is no longer able to answer any of those questions for us himself.

(2)
Lost In Space S2 [[Netflix]] - ★★☆☆☆

(6) Servant S1 [[Apple TV+]] - ★★★½

M. Night Shyamalan knows how to take a simple premise and put it through the what-the-fuck-is-even-happening prism better than almost anyone else. When it works, it borders on brilliance. When it doesn't, it often ends up an unmitigated disaster. Servant is a return to form and a very promising debut on Apple TV+ for him. He only directs 2 episodes in the 1st season but from a cinematic and atmospheric perspective, Shyamalan's flair is all over the show. The uncomfortably long lingering takes, the bizarre camera angles, the strangeness of its characters' actions and the claustrophobic setting of the Turner family's house sets an increasingly unsettling tone that hangs over everything as the shroud of mystery is meticulously peeled back. The pacing here is brilliant, especially for a 30 minute show. The dichotomy explored between Dorothy (Lauren Ambrose) and Sean (Toby Kebbell) and the different manners in how they manage their pain and grief is also a high mark the show nails more often than not. The final episode throws a lot more questions at the viewer and sets up the premise of what promises to be an even more bizarre 2nd season.

Last edited:

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
01. The Boys (S1) - ★★★★
02. Dollface (S1) - ★★
10. Hell's Kitchen (S14) - ★★★★

I've been going through more Hell's Kitchen this year than I thought. Its really something that I'm watching only when I'm at work during moments where my assignment isn't demanding too much attention.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot to add one:

dead souls - 05/52

01. The Witcher (S1)- ★★
02. Dracula- ★★★1/2
04. You (S1)- ★★★
05. Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time- ★★★★★

Didn't have the victor I wanted, but was great otherwise. Trebek will be sorely missed.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
1. You Season 2 (Grade: B-)

I like watching this show for how batshit insane it is. Just when you think it can't get crazier, it somehow gets ten times crazier. But it can also be tough for me to watch because Joe is such a mega-creep and listening to him rationalize his behavior in his inner-monologue can be brutal. Still so bonkers that I enjoyed it.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
01. The Boys (S1) - ★★★★
02. Dollface (S1) - ★★
11. Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time - ★★★★★

dead souls post reminded me that this was actually a season/event that should count. Definitely have to agree with the score cause it was so fantastic watching James and Ken go head to head with Brad kinda just being there.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Sweeney Swift - 17/52 seasons

1. Maniac (2018) - ★★★★★ - January 5
2. One Punch Man (season 1) - ★★★★ - January 13
3. Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez - ★★★★1/2 - January 18
4. Arrow season 8 - ★★★★★ - January 28
5. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina part 1 - ★★★★★ - January 29
6. Bojack Horseman season 1 - ★★★★1/2 - February 1
7. Bojack Horseman season 2 - ★★★★1/2 - February 1
8. Bojack Horseman season 3 - ★★★★★ - February 3
9. Bojack Horseman season 4 - ★★★★★ - February 4
10. Bojack Horseman season 5 - ★★★★★ - February 4
11. Bojack Horseman season 6 - ★★★★★ - February 4
12. China IL season 1 - ★★★★1/2 - February 10
13. Superjail! season 1 - ★★★★★ - February 10
14. Superjail! season 2 - ★★★★1/2 - February 11
15. Superjail! season 3 - ★★★★1/2 - February 11
16. Superjail! season 4 - ★★★★★ - February 11
17. Harley Quinn season 1 - ★★★★★ - February 21

Currently watching:
Batwoman season 1
Supergirl season 5
Nancy Drew season 1
The Outsider
Avenue 5 season 1
Star Trek: Picard season 1
Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons
Katy Keene season 1
DC's Legends of Tomorrow season 5

Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Forgot to add one:

dead souls - 05/52

01. The Witcher (S1)- ★★
02. Dracula- ★★★1/2
04. You (S1)- ★★★

Didn't have the victor I wanted, but was great otherwise. Trebek will be sorely missed.

Are you a James fan?

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017

2. Succession Season 1 (Grade: A-)

Finally started watching this show and am completely hooked on it. It's really fun watching all the plotting and scheming between the family members. I really didn't know much about the show other than it being about a man's children vying to be his successor and my big surprise is how funny it is. I find myself laughing out loud often. I love that mean, caustic style of funny and this show delivers that. There was a bit right at the end that felt a bit contrived, but otherwise really loved this. Already jumped into Season 2.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
dead souls - 06/52

01. The Witcher (S1)- ★★
02. Dracula- ★★★1/2
04. You (S1)- ★★★
06. Shameless (S10)- ★★★1/2

Definitely not the best season of Shameless, and Emmy Rossum is sorely missed, but I still really enjoyed it. Plus it stuck the landing with a fucking amazing finale.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
KingFox - 09/52

~ January ~
01. American Horror Story: 1984 [FX] - ★★★½
02. Dracula [BBC] - ★★½
03. Spinning Out S1 [Netflix] - ★★★½
04. Messiah S1 [Netflix] - ★★★
05. Obsolete S1 [YouTube Premium] - ★★★
06. Watchmen [HBO] - ★★★
07. Huge in France S1 [Netflix] - ★★★
08. Living with Yourself S1 [Netflix] - ★★★½
09. October Faction S1 [Netflix] - ★★

Watchmen ~ Lindelof delivered. Such a good show and the way that it manages to deal with racial issues while also being completely out there. It could even have gotten it a higher score if I hadn't felt a little let down by the finale. I just expected a bit more I guess. Especially after that great second to last episode. Shame that we won't be getting more Watchmen after this, but I'm happy with what we got.

Huge in France ~ Famous French comedian Gad is tired of his work. After getting news from his American ex-wife about their son he decides to take a break and go to the US in an attempt to reconnect with him. What follows are culture clashes with him mocking American lifestyle while getting dunked on by everybody for acting like a big shot when nobody knows or cares who he is.
It has its moments and it was nice to see Erinn Hayes in at least one decent Netflix show.

Living with Yourself ~ A double dose of Paul Rudd in this comedy where he plays a guy whose marriage and career are in a slump. He gets a tip about this pretty pricey rejuvenation spa that supposedly does wonders for you. Turns out it's actually an illegal human cloning facility where they a make a better clone of you and discard your old self. Something goes wrong however and suddenly there are two of them trying to pick up their old/new life and things get complicated.

You can certainly poke holes in the plot and how some people seemingly react to certain revelations, but in the end I had a good time with this. Wouldn't mind a second season, but even if we don't get it I can live with its happy ending. Bonus dance vid - lol I love this scene.

October Faction ~ Bazillionth comic book adaptation, although apparently not a very faithful one. It's a cheap generic SyFy looking show and the only reason I even gave it a go was because Netflix' Spinning Out actress Amanda Zhou is also in this. It was not worth it.

Next up: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina season Part 3 and Unbelievable.

Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Spectromixer - 8/52 Seasons

Seasons:
  5. The Twilight Zone (1959 - 1964) - Season 4 (37 episodes)
  6. The Witcher (2019-Present) - Season 1 (8 episodes)
  7. The Twilight Zone (1959 - 1964) - Season 5 (36 episodes)
  8. Star Wars: Resistance (2018 - 2020) - Season 2 (5 episodes)*

Total episodes - 143

Star Wars Resistance Season 2 is my 8th season and my second partial season since season 2 started in 2019

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
01. The Boys (S1) - ★★★★
02. Dollface (S1) - ★★
11. Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time - ★★★★★
12. One-Punch Man (S2) - ★★
13. Hell's Kitchen (S15) - ★★★ 1/2

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
2. Succession Season 1 (Grade: A-)

3. Succession Season 2 (Grade: A-)

Pretty much everything I said about the first season except I LOVED the ending this time. Wow! That was amazing. Also I failed to mention how much I love the show's main musical theme. It is so good. I find myself humming it to myself randomly a lot. I'm a little sad I'm caught up on the series now... haha. Oh well, plenty of other shows to catch up on!

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
01. 01/02 The Wire S5 - ★★★
02. 01/04 The Vampire Diaries S6 - ★★★★
03. 01/10 The Vampire Diaries S7 - ★★★
04. 01/18 The Vampire Diaries S8 - ★★★★
05. 01/29 Arrow S8 - ★★★★★

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
07. Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time - ★★★★ 1/2

What else can I say? If this will be the last time Alex Trebek runs the show, at least he got to run one of the greatest All-Star competitions of all time, right up there with Heroes vs Villains, the second Amazing Race All-Star game and Wipeout's All-Star game.

08. 01/29 Arrow S8 - ★★★★

Overall the third best Arrow season of the series. A great sendoff for the first CW Arrowverse show. Now I have to face another favorite ending this week.

Last edited:

Dobbie078

Oct 28, 2017
01. The Mandalorian ★★★★
02. The Witcher ★★★★
03. Chocolate (Korean) ★★★
04. DC Titans S1 ★★★
05. DC Titans S2 ★★★

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
---------------------

1. Titans Season 2 ★★★
2. The Witcher ★★★★
3. End of The F***ing World. Season 2 ★★★
4. The Mandalorian ★★★★
5. Sex Eductation Season 2 ★★★★
6. Bojack Horsman Season 6 ★★★★★
7. How to sell drugs online (fast) Season 1
8. Locke & Key Season 1 ★★★
9. Altered Carbon Season 1 ★★★★
10. I'm not okay with this season 1 ★★★★
11. Altered Carbon Season 2 ★★★1/2
12: Castlevania Season 1 ★★★
13: Castlevania Season 2 ★★★★
14: Beastars Season 1 ★★★★★
15: Castlevania Season 3 ★★★
16: Better Call Saul Season 1 ★★★★
17: Better Call Saul Season 2 ★★★★★
18: Better Call Saul Seaon 3 ★★★★★
19: Tiger King ★★★
20: Better Call Saul Season 4. ★★★★★
21. Ozark Season 1 ★★★★★
22. Ozark Season 2 ★★★★
23. Ozark Season 3 ★★★★★
24. Better Call Saul Season 5 ★★★★★
25. After Life Season 1 ★★★★
26. After Life Season 2 ★★★★
27. Dave Season 1 ★★★★★
28. Vikings Season 1 ★★★★
29. Dark Season 3 ★★★★
30. Vikings Season 2 ★★★★★
31. Vikings Season 3 ★★★★★
32. Vikings Season 4 ★★★
33. Vikings Season 5 ★★★
34. Vikings Season 6 ★★
35. Teenage Bounty Hunters Season 1 ★★★★★
36. Umbrella Academy Season 1 ★★★
37. Umbrella Academy Season 2 ★★★★
38: Ratched Season 1 ★★★
39: The Boys Season 2 ★★★★★
40. You Season 1 ★★★★
41. iZombie Season 5 ★★★★
42. Queen's Gambit ★★★★
43. Gotham Season 1 ★★
44. Gothan Season 2 ★★
45: Cobra Kai Season 1 ★★
46. Kobra Kai Season 2 ★★
46. Mandalorian Season 2 ★★★★
47. Gotham Season 3 ★★★★
48. Gotham Season 4 ★★★★
49. Gotham Season 5 ★★★

Last edited:

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
dead souls - 08/52

01. The Witcher (S1)- ★★
02. Dracula- ★★★1/2
04. You (S1)- ★★★
06. Shameless (S10)- ★★★1/2
07. Sex Education (S2)- ★★★★★
08. Arrow (S8)- ★★★★

Finished two seasons today and loved them both.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Enjoy this. Hell of a miniseries.

Did you catch When They See Us or Chernobyl last year? If not, check those two miniseries out as well.

I'm halfway through both, but I wouldn't call either exactly "enjoyable" - be it for different reasons. Unbelievable really is gut-wrenching.

Already seen Chernobyl and When They See Us yes.

Last edited: