• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Body Camera Footage Shows LAPD Arresting Black Man When They Were Looking for White Suspect (theroot.com)

LAPD video shows Black man arrested in search for white suspect - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

The video footage shows the two being physically detained by officers as they proclaim Austin's innocence. But it begins with an unusual admission that the officers weren't sure Austin was the man cited in the domestic violence call.

As their patrol car makes a U-turn after passing Austin, one officer asks the other, "This dude?"

"Probably," says the partner on the May 24, 2019, recording.

What's also sad is the almost 2 year fight to get them to release the body cam footage and the charges are still not dropped.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't even talk to him first or check his ID. Jesus. Also they sure did a shit job censoring that woman, now she has nude images all over the internet.

Oct 27, 2017
As their patrol car makes a U-turn after passing Austin, one officer asks the other, "This dude?"

"Probably," says the partner on the May 24, 2019, recording. The officers were responding to a 911 call made by Austin's neighbor about her ex-boyfriend, who was white; no description of the suspect is given in the call.

just the kind of snap decision makers that need the absolute power of judge, jury, and executioner

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
The last time I called the cops was because at 6 in the morning someone was beating the shit out of someone in an apartment in the building next door. These are old school NYC storefront/apt building combos, so everything is attached. Because of past incidents I don't call the police unless I had to, but the cries were heartbreaking and the woman I was dating at the time insisted. So I call the cops, get ready to go to work.

Hour later they show up, as opposed to going to where the abuse took place they go to my apartment; I am already gone. She comes down to explain to them what happened and it's next door; instead they give her a hard time to make sure she isn't covering up her own domestic abuse.

Which I understand since many abused people are in that fog, but from her perspective (we are both black) she explained it was less 'Are you hurt maam? is he hurting you?' but 'Stop lying to us, you're wasting our time'. She eventually convinced them I called them to try to help our neighbor, not to report myself (lol), but instead of checking out next door...after all of that they just hopped in their car and drove away without checking up on that apartment.

I never found out what happened to that woman.

So yeah, when the copaganda is like 'We run into danger!!!' its more like a shitty delivery driver...the bare minimum to check off that they tried to do their job. Which is why they arrested the first person they saw here while the domestic abuser was probably going for another round.

Last edited:

leenbzoold

Apr 5, 2018
"being black while a white suspect is being looked for" could be a more relevant title imo

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
The last time I called the cops was because at 6 in the morning someone was beating the shit out of someone in an apartment in the building next door. These are old school NYC storefront/apt building combos, so everything is attached. Because of past incidents I don't call the police unless I had to, but the cries were heartbreaking and the woman I was dating at the time insisted. So I call the cops, get ready to go to work.

Hour later they show up, as opposed to going to where the abuse took place they go to my apartment; I am already gone. She comes down to explain to them what happened and it's next door; instead they give her a hard time to make sure she isn't covering up her own domestic abuse.

Which I understand since many abused people are in that fog, but from her perspective (we are both black) she explained it was less 'Are you hurt maam? is he hurting you?' but 'Stop lying to us, you're wasting our time'. She eventually convinced them I called them to try to help our neighbor, not to report myself (lol), but instead of checking out next door...after all of that they just hopped in their car and drove away without checking up on that apartment.

I never found out what happened to that woman.

So yeah, when the copaganda is like 'We run into danger!!!' its more like a shitty delivery driver...the bare minimum to check off that they tried to do their job. Which is why they arrested the first person they saw here while the domestic abuser was probably going for another round.

what the fuck?

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"What is your problem" he says while trying to put cuffs on some random guy he has no idea if he has anything to do with what they're there for.

These cops are broken and can't be fixed.

RawNuts

Nov 13, 2017
"This dude?"
"Probably"

If I handled my job like this, I wouldn't have a job. Why we continue to hold people who are supposed to bear large responsibilities to the absolute lowest possible standard is beyond me.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Just awful. Goes beyond that too, one article said the cops were later replaying the footage over and over again where his girlfriend comes out and is naked for a second putting a coat on and are just laughing at it.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
"Resisting arrest" is just there to say they were never wrong

Oct 26, 2017
Astronaut on the Space Shuttle: "Is this the button that will detach the cargo safely?"
Other astronaut: "Probably."

Surgeon: "Is this the right artery to sever?"
Other surgeon: "Probably."

Safety inspector at a nuclear power plant: "Is the core at a safe temperature?"
Homer Simpson: "Probably."

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
"This dude?"
"Probably"

Can't make this shit up. It's so blatant.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it's hard to tell if these people are unprepared or they just don't fucking care...Jesus...

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Its 2021. The fact that dude isn't dead, paralyzed or in jail is a victory. I have no expectations that anyone will be punished for this shit.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting.

Also, fuck anyone that tries to say he should have just did what they said and it wouldn't be an issue.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

Pelleas

Oct 28, 2017
Tbf I have the same disposition when cops get killed.
"Was he a bad cop?"
"Probably"