• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
X07JOCK.jpg

FTL:Faster than light x Borderlands x Mass Effect

Developer Synopsis:

It was supposed to be a simple job. Test an experimental folding drive to travel beyond the fringes of explored space. Return safely for a big payout, and retire on a small colony to never be heard from again. Things don't always work out as planned. On the return trip, something followed you back. Something ancient. Now it's a race to make it back to Earth before the ancient alien threat wipes out everything in its way - including you.

To make matters worse, it won't be an easy journey back to Earth. There's danger at every jump on this side of the galaxy. Ruthless pirates, lethal robots, and deadly aliens all stand in your way. You and your friends will tour the sector, upgrading your ship, stockpiling weapons, and fighting for your lives.

From the creators of Game Informer's 2016 VR Game of the Year, Chronos, From Other Suns is an action-packed co-op VR space adventure designed from the ground up for the Oculus Touch.

Launch Trailer:

Announcement trailer:

QGO6LvO.jpg

Take control of your ship (alone or with 2 other players) and make your way back to Earth one system at a time. Along the way you'll need to micromanage resources like fuel, take care of and command crew members, make repairs, trade with merchant ships, take down enemy ships, help space stations in need of help, board enemy ships and stations, defend yours from being boarded whilst making sure the giant alien mothership doesn't get to Earth first.

The game also features permadeath if either your ship is destroyed or you run out of crew members!

Weapons
In addition to this, the game features a large variety of weapons which similar to borderlands have randomised stats. Some of the weapons that were available in the open beta:
  • Standard laser pistols
  • Assualt Rifles
  • Guns that shoot out ricocheting bullets
  • Flame throwers
  • Toxic gas guns
  • heat seeking plasma guns
  • shotgun
  • Grenades
  • Holographic shield (think Phil Coulson in Agents of Shield)
  • Repair Gun
  • and plenty more
You can find these weapons from enemies and in gun holders placed around the facilities, space stations and ships you will explore. You can carry a bunch of weapons in your inventory and store them on your ship for use. Guns have limited ammo and can be reloaded at reload stations (the same panels that you'll find guns in when exploring).

There is no regenerating health in the game, instead you'll need to use med stimpacks to heal any lost health during missions or you can rest in your ships med bay. Health packs can be found during missions.

F5CmdXK.jpg

Ship Battles
Your Ship comes with default weapons and shields, but you can buy new weapons from merchants (as well as find them when looting a ship's cargo). Weapons you own can be upgraded at merchant vendors too, alongside your shields.

When engaging in combat with other ships, they will attempt to hack your ships teleporter to board your ship whilst launching their ships weapons in real time. Its down to you to target specific areas of the enemies ship. Do you target the weapon systems first? the oxygen supply? Permanently take down their shields?

Resources
To jump from system to system you need fuel. This can be purchased from merchants you find or from ships and stations you come across. Using a hacking device, you can loot other ships and stations for their cargo (fuel, currency and even weapons to use on your ship). Different ships and stations have varying levels of security, which require stronger hacking devices, these devices can be found throughout missions. Depending on the quality of the hacking device you'll get a success % , if the device fails an attempt it will break so you'll want to stock up on as many high level hacking devices as possible.

You'll come across NPC's that can join your crew (or you can hire them from merchants or purchase them from pirate slave traders). NPC crew members can die during ship battles or if your ship is boarded by enemies so keeping them healthy is important. NPC crew members will monitor your ships condition and repair areas of your ship that are damaged such as the engine, med bay, weapons systems, oxygen supply etc. Also, whenever you die you respawn at the cost of a crew member, so they also act as your lives for the playthrough. dying with no crew members left will result in permadeath.

X4xdolM.jpg

Missions
As you progress through different star systems via the ships navigation map, you may come across missions/quests that will take place on a procedurally generated ship, station or facility. Missions are varied, some examples from the beta:
  • Take out all pirates occupying a space station
  • Steal intel from a facility overun by hostile AI and robots
  • prevent pirates from escaping to the hangar of a space station to recover stolen blueprints
  • Help repair areas of an NPC's ship
  • Defeat a pirate captain with a bounty on their head
  • Take out a rogue machine (boss battle)
  • and many more
The open beta weekend featured roughly 20% of the final games content, I played around 7 hours and was still discovering new missions and weapons so the game will have a lot to do.

Multiplayer

Whilst the game can be played single player, but you can also play it with 2 other players.

If you are playing with friends the side consoles allow others to operate the weapons or command the crew. As you jump closer to earth space battles become more challenging and you will need to coordinate to repel boarders, fox systems and hull breaches ect...

The game allows you to find games with random players, create private rooms for you to invite your friends into and of course, single player.

v9MA7lz.jpg

VR movement options:
The game offers a massive amomunt of customisation for movement such as:
  • Free locomotion with analog stick
  • Free locomotion (head relative)
  • Free locomotion (controller relative)
  • Teleporation
  • Smooth Rotation
  • Snap Rotation
  • Rotation rate adjustments
  • Seated Game mode
The game also makes use of the touch controller gestures such as pointing, thumbs up etc.

Additional Media
Developer Walkthrough & interview
Gameplay Vid of the open beta weekend (no commentary)

Here ares some gifs the devs put out on reddit over the past month(some of these a giphy gifs so I'll just link to them since i have no idea how to post them on forums):
jHzfJo4.gif

zLXCPQk.jpg

REVIEWS
Tips & tricks

• Hackathons have different tiers. Highest I have found is a mark 5
  • Ship battles jump in difficulty once your pass 50% progress
  • There are permanent unlocks tied to achievements (for example, theres one about killing a number of pirates that unlocks a legendary pistol for each new playthrough you create)
  • There are 7 ships to unlock in total (you select which one to use when creating a new game. Each unlocked ship has better stats than the default ship. You unlock one ship by completing the game the first time.
  • Try to save your ordinance supplies for the 2nd half of the game, so use lasers only when possible (getting 2 lasers allows you to rapid fire them and keep their shields down). Lasers dont use ordinace, but use capacitors instead which is self replenishing ammo.
  • Teleporting to an enemy ship yeilds more loot, blowing them up will only provide a little salvage. So if you're confident enough, take out their weapon systems and teleport over to them.
  • Placing more crew members in a single ship function room increases the efficiency of that function
  • NPC Crew upgrade their pistols the closer you get to Earth
  • upgrading med bay = higher max hp for you and crew
  • upgrading oxygen = increase max crew amount
Achievements & unlockable rewards:

• 50 pirate away missions - legendary scattershot mk1 (325dmg)
  • 50 robot away missions - legendary shock burst mk1 (253dmg)
  • 125 crimson marauder pirates - legendart plasma explosive mk1 (325dmg 32ammo)
  • 150 unaffiliated pirates - legendary auto pistol mk1 (144dmg 260ammo)
  • 450 (150+300) unaffiliated pirates - legendary auto pistol mk2 (260dmg 300ammo)
  • 300 robots - legendary shock disc mk1 (217dmg)
  • get back to earth - corvette class ship (called "asa radiance" )
  • get 20 crew from missions - legendary laser beam (163dmg 195ammo)
  • 50 pirate captains - pirate corvette mk3 (ship)
  • 500 Jumps - Corvette ship
  • Destoy 100 Pirate Ships - Pirate Skimmer (ship)

Ships Stats

upZkGfx.jpg
Mission Tips:
  • To complete the timed mission where you have to prevent a pirate ship from departing, you need to find the dock/harbour room and take out the 4 yellow nodes (circles) ont the ship. 2 located on the side and 2 on the top of the ship. Shooting them a couple of times will cause them to turn red, shooting them further will completely destroy the node.
  • In the Archivist boss battle, you can avoid getting aggro from the side turret drones by not shooting them
  • Titan boss is immune to damage so aim for the 4 red vents underneath its arms when they open (you can tell which one is open when its brighter in colour and letting out a lot of steam). If you have shock burster, use it since the lightning arcs towards the open vents.
  • On any Xeno mission, if an alien dissappears through a vent and never returns, its probably on your ship so get back to it asap and scout the area out. Always keep your map open after completing these missons as they may be hiding on your ship even if you never encountered any during the mission. These guys deal a lot of damage so try to keep distance from them
  • The crabhead type enemies can deal alot of damage if they jump on to your face. There is atleast one upgraded version that have green sacks on their backs, kill them at a distance since these sacks will explode on their death.
  • Be sure to kill the optional boss in the first area. Killing it will unlock a permanent alien gun for each playthrough you create (its located in the captains cabin).

Last edited:

Ehker

Oct 27, 2017
I played the beta, and it holds so much promise. I didn't understand the strategy involved in ship to ship combat, but boarding other ships and and dealing with invaders was a blast.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to play this. But none of my friends have VR. So hoping to get in some play with some of you here!

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We can consider this an AAA VR title right?

Not sure if I should buy this when there might be christmas sales or black friday sales for other games

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Here are some gifs the devs put out on reddit over the past month(some of these a giphy gifs so I'll just link to them since i have no idea how to post them on forums):
Sharing is caring gif
Movement Options implemented based on beta feedback
Improvements from loot based on beta feedback
Playable Alien Race: Nagrin
Healing other players (for the record, I did not write healz bruh, lol)
The Archivist Boss from beta (I never got chance to encounter this one)

jHzfJo4.gif

And a screenshot:
zLXCPQk.jpg

And a vid with dev commentary:

Will add these to the op

I played the beta, and it holds so much promise. I didn't understand the strategy involved in ship to ship combat, but boarding other ships and and dealing with invaders was a blast.

With the ship battles, I found it best to target their weapon systems first so they cant fire any missiles or lasers at your ship. Only thing you have to worry about after that is destroying the rest of the enemy ship and preventing them from invading through the teleporter.
Also, any damage you take, be sure to send crew members to repair them (or repair it yourself with the repair gun but thats a risk during a ship battle if your playing solo).

I can't wait to play this. But none of my friends have VR. So hoping to get in some play with some of you here!

In the same situation, so I'm definately up for joining in too.

We can consider this an AAA VR title right?

Not sure if I should buy this when there might be christmas sales or black friday sales for other games

Yeah, I'd say its safe to call this an AAA game (it plays like one anyways :P )

Last edited:

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I'm interested but am waiting for impressions / reviews on this one. The quality of VR games is fluctuating a lot.

Roz

Nov 10, 2017
I'm interested but am waiting for impressions / reviews on this one. The quality of VR games is fluctuating a lot.

Same. The game looks great and I liked Gunfire Games other VR game Chronos a lot. The worry I have is that because the VR userbase is smaller online games can quickly die off if they don't hit the ground running.
I doubt there will be many reviews as even the bigger VR titles are ignored by a lot of mainstream gaming sites so we will likely have to rely on impressions instead (which based on the beta seem good).

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Same. The game looks great and I liked Gunfire Games other VR game Chronos a lot. The worry I have is that because the VR userbase is smaller online games can quickly die off if they don't hit the ground running.
I doubt there will be many reviews as even the bigger VR titles are ignored by a lot of mainstream gaming sites so we will likely have to rely on impressions instead (which based on the beta seem good).

And hopefully the singleplayer will be fun!

Simplex

Oct 27, 2017
I noticed that the publisher of this game is not Oculus Games Studio, but the dev himself (Gunfire Games) - does it mean that we can see a Vive-compatible Steam version in the foreseeable future?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that the publisher of this game is not Oculus Games Studio, but the dev himself (Gunfire Games) - does it mean that we can see a Vive-compatible Steam version in the foreseeable future?
I kind of doubt it. Chronos is also a Gunfire Games published game and there's still no word about it coming to Steam.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The beta of this was awesome and I can't wait for the release to play it in co-op.
A really fantastic game and a wonderful VR experience

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New launch trailer:

(added it to OP)

I think its unlikely, the devs haven't mentioned anything about steamvr and their previous game, Chronos is still a rift exclusive. This was also announced in last years oculus connect conference as a rift exclusive too, from what i remember.

Also review(in progress) from uploadVR:
https://uploadvr.com/from-other-suns-review/
Due to the amount of content, they haven't given it a final score yet:

Final Score: Coming Soon
From Other Suns is an ambtious VR title that gets a lot right. Fans of sci-fi are going to find a lot to love here and it's some of the most fun I've had playing cooperative VR so far to date. There is an immense amount of content and enough variety to prevent things from feeling too stale. The real test for replayibility in a game like From Other Suns is going to be how well Gunfire can support it post launch and how much the community embraces it.

EDIT:
RoadtoVR have uploaded their review too:
https://www.roadtovr.com/from-other-suns-review/

They gave it a 7.5 overall score

Their main issues are lack of interactivity with the environment (this is something the developers have mentioned that they removed in favour of performance on their discord). The other problem they have is inventory and throwing guns to others which I didn't have issues with during the beta. I was able to throw weapons to other players just fine.

They also mentioned the difficulty of the game especially when playing solo is quite high, since the game has permadeath (if your ship is destroyed, you'll have to restart a playthrough. if you die during missions though, you can respawn from your ship).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hardcore gamer have uploaded their review too, giving it a 4/5:
full review:http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2017/11/13/review-from-other-suns/279112/
Closing Comments:

From Other Suns is an example of how VR tech should be implemented in games. The ship management portion and procedurally-generated levels make this feel like an RPG, but the rogue-lite design makes it play much more like an action arcade game. One could argue that VR is a gimmick used for From Other Suns to take a shooter that might seen mundane on a traditional monitor and make it more interesting, and while that statement may not be entirely wrong, the VR implementation works perfectly for this title. The ease of VR controls, whether grabbing items from the streamlined inventory or strapping in weapons, feel completely intuitive and natural. VR games have progressed a lot in the past year, and while they may have a way to go before becoming a mainstream form of gaming, titles like From Other Suns show that VR is a viable format for games and not just a passing gimmick.

EDIT:

A hands on impression from Toms hardware (no review yet):
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/from-other-suns-hands-on,35909.html

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So permadeath works like this:
  • If you're ship is destroyed its gameover
  • Each time you die, you respawn as one of your crew members (this make crew members valuable as they are literally the lives you have left in the game)
  • In co-op players become a robot instead, only the host takes a crew member for dying

Here's a spoilerish gameplay vid of a mission found late in the game. I cannot wait to play this in co-op, things like this are gonna make for some real memorable moments XD

Only watch it if you don't mind spoilers. There's no story spoilers but it'll ruin the surprise of this mission if you intend to get the game:

Only watch if you don't mind spoilers (nothing story related but spoils a nice surprise in a mission)

Amazing that they put "Aliens" into it, was so awesome to see it climb into the vents of the players ship lol XD Considering permadeath is a part of the game this will be scary x_x

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Did people try this with ReVive during the beta? Interested if this works well. My PC has moved into a different room and I need to figure out lighthouse placement however.

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I've added it to the op :)

Did people try this with ReVive during the beta? Interested if this works well. My PC has moved into a different room and I need to figure out lighthouse placement however.

This is from discord when i asked your question:
"from what i remember during the beta, it works fine, with the usual caveats that they may want to turn on hybrid or click to grip, as well as sometimes hitting the wrong emulated button on the trackpads"

I've seen people say on reddit that it works fine with revive too.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Really looking forward to properly diving into this!
I haven't used my Rift in over a month cause of a general feeling of lethargy and my friend and I purposely didn't play much of the beta so as to not be spoiled on content.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
My third Oculus sensor arrived yesterday, the game is on Preorder... Guess I have to dive in saturday night. I've read that the difficulty spikes are quite big playing solo, hope it won't be frustrating.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
My third Oculus sensor arrived yesterday, the game is on Preorder... Guess I have to dive in saturday night. I've read that the difficulty spikes are quite big playing solo, hope it won't be frustrating.
I can definitely tell you that the beta was hard as hell when playing alone. I would really advise to either matchmake or play with ERA people.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I can definitely tell you that the beta was hard as hell when playing alone. I would really advise to either matchmake or play with ERA people.

Thank you for the reply. Mhm than I have to find a solution. My PC-space is too small for VR, that's why I have to take my PC into the living room and hook it to the TV. Can only do it at night because of my wife and child. My PC is connected to the internet via cable, taking the PC to the living room means I can't close the door because of the cable, which sucks because I don't want to wake up my wife with the voicechat. I have a WLAN adapter for my PC which refuses to work properly (even though I have a Fritzbox and a Fritz adapter...). Guess I have to make it work before the weekend starts.
Hopefully we'll move next year, then I'll make sure to have a dedicated VR room :)

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Played 1 hour and a half in singleplayer and love it. I've made 35% progress towards Earth and lost half of my crew to a mission that required me to take down a boss (The Archivist that was also in the beta). The boss hp or mission progress does not reset, so you can rush back to where you died and pick all your weapons and items and resume the fight. I have 1 crew member left now which gives me 1 additional respawn and crew members right now are really expensive to hire/buy so I think I'll be meeting my end soon in that playthrough (and the alient mothership is closing in on me now too x_x )

One of the immediate improvements I noticed compared to the beta is that the wrist mini map will remain open (but hidden) when you have a gun in that hand. So if you put the left gun back in its holster, the map will re-open. In the beta, you had to click the map icon after putting the gun away everytime.

Some of the enemies are really tough. I found a station overrun with aliens (wild type) and I must have jumped and yelled out of fear a dozen times due to aliens coming out of the vents and small bug aliens catching me by surprise throwing acid bombs at me. The atmosphere fo that mission was great, with the station a large furnace/factory so lots of moving gears everywhere with heat waves etc.

Can't wait to play this in co-op, some of the enemies I found quite tough and whilst they will be harder to take down in co-op, being able to share aggro+ extra firepower will help quite a bit with others helping out.

Ship battles so far haven't been difficult. My strategy is to use sheild penetrating missles to take out their weapons system (which prevents them from firing weapons) and then take out the teleporter so they cant teleport to my ship. The rest is target practice lol.

The difficulty of the game seems similar to Chronos on hard difficulty.

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
oh one thing i forgot to mention is that I failed one mission which was timed (I also failed the same mission during the beta with 2 other players lol) so theres definately some difficult objectives especially when playing alone. At the time I didn't have many good guns so I ran out of bullets fast and had to find recharge stations to reload the guns. Failing that mission wasn't a gameover though, The client just cut off contact with me and I missed out on the reward :P

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Played 1 hour and a half in singleplayer and love it. I've made 35% progress towards Earth and lost half of my crew to a mission that required me to take down a boss (The Archivist that was also in the beta). The boss hp or mission progress does not reset, so you can rush back to where you died and pick all your weapons and items and resume the fight. I have 1 crew member left now which gives me 1 additional respawn and crew members right now are really expensive to hire/buy so I think I'll be meeting my end soon in that playthrough (and the alient mothership is closing in on me now too x_x )

One of the immediate improvements I noticed compared to the beta is that the wrist mini map will remain open (but hidden) when you have a gun in that hand. So if you put the left gun back in its holster, the map will re-open. In the beta, you had to click the map icon after putting the gun away everytime.

Some of the enemies are really tough. I found a station overrun with aliens (wild type) and I must have jumped and yelled out of fear a dozen times due to aliens coming out of the vents and small bug aliens catching me by surprise throwing acid bombs at me. The atmosphere fo that mission was great, with the station a large furnace/factory so lots of moving gears everywhere with heat waves etc.

Can't wait to play this in co-op, some of the enemies I found quite tough and whilst they will be harder to take down in co-op, being able to share aggro+ extra firepower will help quite a bit with others helping out.

Ship battles so far haven't been difficult. My strategy is to use sheild penetrating missles to take out their weapons system (which prevents them from firing weapons) and then take out the teleporter so they cant teleport to my ship. The rest is target practice lol.

The difficulty of the game seems similar to Chronos on hard difficulty.

How are the graphics and animations? Does it run well?

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How are the graphics and animations? Does it run well?
I've got it set to ultra settings at 1.7 pxiel density but I dont know if the supersampling is working as I couldnt tell the difference between 1 and 1.7, I'll ask the devs on their discord chat later today if theres a bug with it.
The graphics are great, it has a cartoony style to it but there were moments where I was scared with the atmosphere and behaviour of some of the enemies.
The weapons are amazing, some of the effects from the guns are really satisfying and watching enemies burn and disintegrate is always fun XD

Your character perfectly replicates what you're doing so you can make your own running animations if you want since theres no sprint button lol (I remember doing the naruto run for a joke in co-op during the beta and the other players recognised it straight away)

Ehker

Oct 27, 2017
Just started playing and did a few raids on space stations. Good to be back after the beta. Looking forward to see how my trip back to earth goes, I'm assuming not well like trips in FTL when things heat up. :)

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
iosefe im about to jump in now so send me an invite as soon as im online :)
also discord will help with setting up invites faster:

The games discord is here: https://discord.gg/yhrzzN

You can find me through there and add me, and i'll add you to the pcvr discord if you're not in it already.

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
had a fun session with iosefe :D
we were pretty unlucky with the first playthrough, getting so many difficult missions at the start with basic weapons lol.

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Played another session late night yesterday and found out some more interesting stuff:
  • I found a hackathon mark 4 :O
  • Ship battles jump in difficulty once your pass 50% progress
  • There are permanent unlocks tied to achievements (for example, theres one about killing a number of pirates that unlocks a legendary pistol for each new playthrough you create)
  • In the Archivist boss battle, you can avoid getting aggro from the side turret drones by not shooting them
  • Try to save your ordinance supplies for the 2nd half of the game, so use lasers only when possible (getting 2 lasers allows you to rapid fire them and keep their shields down). Lasers dont use ordinace, but use capacitors instead which is self replenishing ammo.
  • Teleporting to an enemy ship yeilds more loot, blowing them up will only provide a little salvage. So if you're confident enough, take out their weapon systems and teleport over to them.
  • Placing more crew members in a single ship function room increases the efficiency
  • NPC crew members get better pistols the closer you get to Earth
  • upgrading med bay = higher max hp

Ehker

Oct 27, 2017
Great tips! I wondered if putting crew in a room helps with efficiency like in FTL, as the tutorial didn't mention.

I never thought I could teleport to an enemy ship as they would shoot my ship while I did, but I guess if you get their weapons down it's safe enough as they don't repair quickly or you have time.

Thanks for posting these! They'll help.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What settings are you guys running/what are your guys specs? What system are you guys on? How's performance. I'm still trying to figure out if my issues are mainly just Vive/Revive issues. Or if I'm getting just general performance issues. I also have problems with Robo recall on Vive when it was flawless on my Rift.

Ehker

Oct 27, 2017
What settings are you guys running/what are your guys specs? What system are you guys on? How's performance. I'm still trying to figure out if my issues are mainly just Vive/Revive issues. Or if I'm getting just general performance issues. I also have problems with Robo recall on Vive when it was flawless on my Rift.
Runs great so far on my Rift. Using the Ultra settings and 1.0 pixel density with my old i5-3570K CPU and a 1070 GPU.

Hope your Revive get's fixed for you. Maybe bringing down pixel density for now would help?

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Runs great so far on my Rift. Using the Ultra settings and 1.0 pixel density with my old i5-3570K CPU and a 1070 GPU.

Hope your Revive get's fixed for you. Maybe bringing down pixel density for now would help?

I tried. The tutorial runs great/smooth. After that it feels like I'm getting like 40fps honestly and jitters. I have a 1080ti OC'd and i7 5820k at 4.5ghz. I turned down all the settings to low, and set the pixel destiny to like .8 nothing I do up or down seems to have any effect.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I tried. The tutorial runs great/smooth. After that it feels like I'm getting like 40fps honestly and jitters. I have a 1080ti OC'd and i7 5820k at 4.5ghz. I turned down all the settings to low, and set the pixel destiny to like .8 nothing I do up or down seems to have any effect.

It don't think it's your hardware, that doesn't make sense. Maybe an issue with ReVive?

Riptwo

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I forgot to preorder this to get the bonus weapon skin McDeal. I can't believe that this is out already!