• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Never heard of before misread as planetarium (spoken south park style)

Wow rave reviews for steam version

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Played it on my iPod touch years ago. Fairly short but good.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loved this when I played it on my phone years ago. The anime adaptation was pretty good as well.

And yes, you will cry.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I've played it a few years ago, really short and really sweet. Depending on the price, since it's really short and I've already played it, I might double-dip.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really didn't like Planetarian, but maybe we'll get some more Key in the future.

OP
OP
hussien-11

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
So, the game has been listed already!
31 JAN and the price is 9.99$.
The game is 720p.

Great timing to me, I'll pass time reading it until next semester begins. I hope its good.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I already have the game in Steam, because in that time, I went crazy with my digital Diogenes syndrome, trying to collect all the Japanese releases in Steam.

But as the vast majority of my Steam library, I never opened the game.

Is the game good for someone that really HATES fanservice stuff?

For me, meeting a single female character calling me MASTER, is enough to stop playing a visual novel.

OP
OP
hussien-11

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Is the game good for someone that really HATES fanservice stuff?

Yes.

I finished reading the game yesterday. some thoughts:

- I read the story using Switch in handheld mode, Joy-Cons detached. the reading experience was very good and better than Vita: bigger and better screen, and higher sound.

- UI and touch controls are very good, you don't need any buttons. swipe up to open and navigate the menu, swipe down to view text, swipe right and left to skip forward or backward.

- The game is very short, less than 5 hours, but its priced as such.

- Its not the game you are used to from Key, there is no comedy, and no unrealistic/unnatural writing like some of their works. its a short story set in a dystopian world with dramatic focus. also there is no fan-service or anything like that, it doesn't feel like a game aimed specifically at Otakus, it just feels like a good Japanese story with anime style presentation.

- The story is very well written. like any good visual novel, there is world-building and very good attention to detail even if its a short story.

- The emotional impact you are probably looking for is present. though due to it being short, it's not as impactful as other Key games.

- Nice but limited OST.

Overall its a very good short story for only 10$, its worth it if you like this kind of games/VNs, but its also not a must-have title.

anyway, my Switch is going to be a great VNs machine in the upcoming months :P
next is Steins;Gate Elite.