• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw ("Company") hereby announces its decision regarding the establishment in the Company's books of an impairment allowance with regard to expenses incurred in the scope of development work related to Project Sirius, which is under development at The Molasses Flood studio. The value of expenses incurred by the end of 2022 amounts to 33.4 million PLN and will burden the financial results of the Company and the CD PROJEKT Group for the year 2022. The value of expenses incurred in January and February 2023 amounts to 9.5 million PLN and will accordingly burden the financial results for the first quarter of 2023.

The aforementioned decision is based on results of evaluation of the scope and commercial potential of the original concept of Project Sirius, and ongoing work on formulating a new framework for this project.

Current report no. 8/2023 - CD PROJEKT

Subject: Decision on establishing an impairment allowance regarding Project Sirius Legal basis: Art. 17 of MAR – inside information The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw (“Company”) hereby announces

Well that sounds like they changed project scope significantly.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. I wonder how big TMF is these days. I was under the impression that they were a really small team, but maybe they staffed up after being aquired by CDP?

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021
I wonder if Molasses Flood still working on it or did it get canceled entirely and is floating around now?

CDPR should be moving into Boston soon anyways for Cyberpunk

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I am just worried that things didn't change that much inside CDPR after CP2077 and that even projects like this that are not directly done by CDPR can be impacted by management decisions. They took a lot of work and announced lot of games just 6 months ago and we already are seeing reboots.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
they spent almost a third of what they had spent the year prior within 2 months.
almost $10,000,000 USD that they're willing to toss out for those 14 months of work, at least they have the capital thanks to witcher and cyberpunk but money burned is still burned.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
they spent almost a third of what they had spent the year prior within 2 months.
almost $10,000,000 USD that they're willing to toss out for those 14 months of work, at least they have the capital thanks to witcher and cyberpunk but money burned is still burned.

Money is kinda least thing to worry about. 14 months of work potentially getting canned is big blow to dev team.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
I am just worried that things didn't change that much inside CDPR after CP2077 and that even projects like this that are not directly done by CDPR can be impacted by management decisions. They took a lot of work and announced lot of games just 6 months ago and we already are seeing reboots.
This is the stage where reboot happen. The sooner the better. Sounds normal to me.