• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What fighting game franchise do you want to have a new version?

• Virtua Fighter

Votes: 57 19.5%
  • Killer Instinct

Votes: 36 12.3%
  • Marvel vs Capcom

Votes: 68 23.2%
  • Dead or Alive

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • Darkstalkers

Votes: 48 16.4%
  • Bloody Roar

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Other (eg. Project Justice, Power Stone, Playstation All-Stars)

Votes: 43 14.7%

• Total voters

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Even though I love MAHVEL, I want to see Darkstalkers come back. It's been relegated to C-Tier status, and that series deserves much better.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 4(5) Arena. It had unique mechanics that were representative of the source material in a really cool way. I don't know what modern ASW would do with it, but it'd at least be an aesthetic marvel. It's unfortunate.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Marvel VS Capcom Origins and 2 ported over with a new Marvel VS Capcom game with a bigger cast of characters.

Darkstalkers would be a #2 while #3 would be a Capcom VS SNK.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Is it port-begging to ask for a Steam version of VF5?

It is?

Fine, gimme a reboot of Bloody Roar instead. I'm pretty sure Konami will sell the IP for whatever pocket change I got on me.

Mr.fresh

Oct 31, 2017
Capcom VS. Anybody.

I'm still sad how Infinite turned out. I feel like since Marvel owns X-men again a new MVC would be back to its normal greatness with waaay more variety since more characters are popular.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Keep it as a pseudo Smash clone also. There was more creativity in the movesets in this game than many recent fighting games.

nv6KnbG.png

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
I would like a new soul calibur the most but not with a new vision, just one built on top of VI. MvC would be my choice for a new vision FUCK X FACTOR

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Marvel vs Capcom is back babyyyyyyyy but it's a Power Stone esque arena fighter instead of a tag-based 2D fighter and everyone hates it except me and me and the FGC break up.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Dissidia by a landslide. My soul yerns for the eternal conflict between order and chaos!

I don't care what the shtick is this time - 1v1 again, 2v2, 3v3 again. I just want a future game that's: graphically impressive (like Dissidia NT), has a large selection of characters (like Dissidia NT), has a shit ton of costumes (like Dissidia NT), has solid network infrastructure with modern matchmaking options (unlike Dissidia NT), and I want a "10 year plan" contract signed and dated by Kitase.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Virtua Fighter deserves a new entry, it's been ages and VF5 has had numerous ports over the years. We're all sick of 5 now, it's time for 6 or a fresh reboot or something.
I'm curious how a new entry would even go in this modern FG landscape as well. Will Sega try and punch it up a bit, put flashy comeback mechanics in for the EVO crowd? Not sure that would be well received.

The one I most want to see revived is Fighting Vipers though...

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting what I need to see for now between SF6, Tekken 8, and a rollback GBVS with Rising. I don't expect to see another Soul Calibur with Okubo gone after he was the one who pushed for VI, as much as I want something that builds on that game, and I just don't trust Team Ninja with another Dead or Alive after 6 even with Shimbori gone (after the sort of decisions made with DoA6, I question just how much of 5:LR being as great as it was can even be attributed to him in spite of him being credited as co-director on that).

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
In terms of wholly new releases, Virtua Fighter 6 or another Versus game. I'd like to try my hand at a Power Stone as well.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Persona 4(5) Arena. It had unique mechanics that were representative of the source material in a really cool way. I don't know what modern ASW would do with it, but it'd at least be an aesthetic marvel. It's unfortunate.
I-it's still coming. Surely. I swear. -Profuse sweating-

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
It's going to be Darkstalkers just because there hasn't been a new game in a long ass time. Killer Instinct is my other option though

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I picked other and….For Honor. It came out 6 years ago and they're still adding characters. Id much rather see what a current gen only version that builds on what makes the first so great than new characters.

Id even take all of the current roster as the base for the new one as long as the gameplay exhibits a step forward.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
1) Weaponlord
2) Virtua Fighter
3) Darkstalkers
4) TMNT Tournament Fighters
5) Bushido Blade. Not Hellish Quart, Bushido Blade

Blue_Toad507

May 25, 2021
Marvel Vs Capcom 4, but moreso with 3's comic book cel shaded art direction than Infinite's lifeless one.

Darkstalkers is a close second.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
In a perfect world it would be MvC4 but we know how shitty marvel has been with the past entries.

Among those right now I want to see MK12 the most. I'm both curious about the contents in it in terms of single player stuff and how possibly fucked up it could be due to excessive reliance on GaaS stuff and battle passes and things like that which seems to be what WB wants in every game nowadays.

In the poll I voted for DoA tho. It feels like DoA sorta skipped an entire gen with how bad DoA6 was and how they dropped the support for it so soon and didn't even try to really turn the ship around. I would love to see what TN does with current gen hardware with the DoA franchise. Especially in terms of environment and stage reaction to what's happening on the screen. DoA5 also had amazing animations imo and I would love to see what they can do in that regard on a more powerful hardware.