• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
You read the title.

I love 'em!

You see this shit?

FOP1Pb_XsAkVs6W.jpg

You see it, don't you?

More of this, please.

I feel like I almost have OCD, because I can't f*cking move on before I've tried to open every goddamn door and crossed everything off the goddamn map...

I pray that they're all locked though... But they never are, are they? Some of 'em have to be open...

I open a door, my stomach turns, I expect the worst, but I'm greeted by something worse than a monster - It's a dark, silent (hah!) corridor, with even more doors... Which makes me feel even worse/terrified.

I both love and hate this about Silent Hill. I'm currently playing SH3... Man, the games are still gorgeous and still terrifying.

But yeah, any future iteration of the series, lock 'em all up, please! :)

Last edited:

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
*Opens door to new room*

*New room has no items of value*

*checks doors inside*

*all locked but the one you came in from*

Best game design.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
to me a perm locked door is either a plot effect, or the designers just blocking off a section they didn't use.

i do like the ones that you CAN eventually open though. the perm locked ones are more frustrating than mysterious to me, so i don't pay them much mind.

i'd like a game for once to say "stop trying to open all these damned doors, you know they're either locked or lead to nowhere, head down the hall to the door with the yellow outline over it plz, thx"

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Yeah I love filling out maps in survival horror games and locked doors are equally as satisfying as unlocked doors.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bigger fan of doors locked from the other side.
argh i hate that...the one door I can't open in the snake mansion Elden ring? can you open it? has anyone figured out what is on the other side?

so many secrets unlocked, why can't i find the solution to that one?

the thing i respect most about FROM games is they usually never do that, if you see a section that seems you can't get to, there's usually a hidden trick and a payoff. Like the bottom elevator in stormveil that seems to have no way to it, there's a way, it's just hidden, and I love that.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I feel you, OP.

For me it's more a case of "Thank goodness, my choices are narrowed down by one more." Fewer places to get scared means, potentially, fewer net scares.

OP
OP
Firmus_Anguis

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017