• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Just that, Marvel VS Capcom seems unlikely since Capcom didn't like working on the last game, but they have also done Capcom VS SNK and Tatsunoko, so they aren't limited to just Marvel, so what company or franchise should mess with Capcom?

First of all, Capcom VS Namco, not Street Fighter VS Tekken, not the RPG they made for PS2, a full blown fighting game where both companies put a roster of characters to fight.

Then...Capcom VS Toei, HEAR ME OUT, Toei owns Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Precure, not to mention many TV shows and anime...even if anime i think only Precure is something they own rather than adapting or making with another company or studio.

Still, Capcom VS Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Precure is good enough for me, i would accept Capcom VS just one of those 3 franchises even!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I support you wholeheartedly on Capcom Vs. Toei even if we were the only people who would play it

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia
Never understood why they never tried a "capcom all stars game"
Fighting evolution doesn't count
Well, just off top of my head you gotta start with a game system: if you're bridging a wide selection of series what's your baseline? One of the included series? Make each series have their own gameplay systems? Just create a whole new one? (This is personally the one I'd do first)

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Kellogg's would be absolutely fire if I can't have marvel

Cammy/Toucan Sam/Tony the Tiger?
Toucan Sam would be the Magneto function

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Capcom Vs Capcom is the ideal choice for them probably. Dealing with other companies and licensing deals expiring etc I doubt they want to deal with it again unless the deal is very good. My personal dream match would be SEGA vs Capcom.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it should just be called "Capcom Versus" and just have all Capcom characters.

KrebStar

Oct 28, 2017
RgJL79E.jpeg

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'd be down for another Capcom vs. Tatsunoko. But what I really want is just a Capcom all-stars thing. Or Capcom vs. Square. 👀

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Capcom vs. The World

Consolidate all past crossovers that are legally feasible (Marvel, SNK, Tekken, etc.) & go even further beyond. You'd get that Smash crossover factor in a more traditional fighting game. To be clear, I take no credit for this idea. And "legally feasible" is basically code for (sadly) no Tatsunoko, as its localization was already a miracle.

EraldoCoil

Oct 28, 2017
Cali
Capcom Vs All-Stars

So many great characters to throw in from their entire history and the All-Stars title leaves it open for other guest characters.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Take the BlazTag formula. Base game is all Capcom fighters. Then season 2 is Namco. 3 Sega. 4 Square (?).

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Never understood why they never tried a "capcom all stars game"
Fighting evolution doesn't count
Max mentioned it during one of his streams shortly after Ono left, but it was something about Ono saying that "We already tried that with Capcom Fighting Evolution, it failed".

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You ain't going to get Breath of Fire characters in if there's another IP hogging half of those delicious character slots.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom vs SNK 3, that's what it has to be. If not that, then Capcom vs Namco.