• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
That are not Diablo, Torchlight , PoE . I'm in the ARPG mood and need more to play.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
YS VIII

Might be the best arpg on any modern console. Got a ps5 native version too.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Like Tales of Arise ARPG? Haven't played it myself, but I've heard good things about it and it's also on sale right now on PS.

pfkas

Jun 23, 2020
The van helsing games are about £1.50 in the sale right now for that top down diablo like view

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
Tales of Arise starts strong and then in the last 30% really run out of steam.

This is a common issue with tales of games.

Still a solid 8 in my opinion

Yes. Tales writers are incapable of character growth and development, so the moment the games don't have any further characters to introduce, the story just kinda dies.

Tales of Berseria, Symphonia and Xillia were exceptions at very least.

YS VIII

Might be the best arpg on any modern console. Got a ps5 native version too.

Adding my vote for this, too. Ys IX is pretty damn good too, just getting a PS5 version now, I think. Not as good level design as Ys VIII but still has that strong Falcom character writing and fantastic worldbuilding, with kickass music and really good classic action.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what you are looking for, the games you listed are all Diablo-likes.
If you want good gear-crafting and character progression look into Horizon: Forbidden West and Monster Hunter Rise. Both are fantastic.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
My bad I should have more specific ,
I meant I'm strictly looking for Diablo likes.

Sabre

Jul 2, 2018
Although ARPG is technically an abbreviation of action-RPG, ARPG seems to be usually used specifically for Diablo-like, isometric dungeon crawlers. I assume that's also what the OP means based on the games that were brought up.

Almost all the suggestions in the thread seem to be third person action-RPGs though.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Minecraft Dungeons. It's very Diablo-lite, but as someone who hates Minecraft, I enjoyed what I've played.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Victor Vran, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing and Grim Dawn are all on Playstation too i assume?

The first two are not spetacular but are good arpg fun if you can get cheap. The third is pretty good but at least on xbox, barely cheap. Theres also Titan Quest that is the predecessor to Grim Dawn but its way more archaic and everywhere i heard the console versions are disastrous

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
Tales of Arise starts strong and then in the last 30% really run out of steam.

This is a common issue with tales of games.

Still a solid 8 in my opinion

The first 80% of the game I couldn't stop telling people how good it was and what they were missing, and then the last 20% made me want to forget the game even exists.