• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
New brief trailer shown off at EVO Japan just now.

View: https://youtu.be/ed65K9MnidQ

Screenshot_2023-04-01_at_10.28.14.png

Last edited:

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's really cool how they went about revealing them, by using a sick render just like when the game got announced. Hopefully they do that for every characters.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this Joe doesn't really fit the MOTW visual style, but Andy looks interesting (despite the unfortunate similarity to both King and young Geese Howard)

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Nice the trio is back! I wonder if they'll decide to bring back Kim with his sons?! Grown up Mai would be cool to see.

This game probably 2025-2026.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
I hope they don't go SF4 with this and bring more of the familiar faces rather than the Garou originals, I wan all the cast from the first game to be in since all have their stories to continue.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
if Ryo can exist in the Fatal Fury universe then so can King. that's my stance.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Yeah, Joe from the original Garou 2 artwork had a far more inspiring look with his broken arms and all the bandages, this one is just normal Joe with a tracksuit on

Chev

Mar 1, 2021
I hope they don't go SF4 with this and bring more of the familiar faces rather than the Garou originals, I wan all the cast from the first game to be in since all have their stories to continue.
I presume you mean Mark of the wolves originals, since Garou is just Fatal Fury's japanese name, so the cast from the first game would just be a lot of the usual FF faces?

Karsha

May 1, 2020
I presume you mean Mark of the wolves originals, since Garou is just Fatal Fury's japanese name, so the cast from the first game would just be a lot of the usual FF faces?
Yeah, I meant Mark of the Wolves original, during it's initial arcade/mame run the game was fairly unknown and only a few knew that Garou was the equivalent to Fatal Fury, they thought it was a spin off or late sequel so the name Garou was used to describe what now is known as MotW

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
So many SNK announcements today! Really looking forward to this game, hope they do the first game justice with the sequel.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I meant Mark of the Wolves original, during it's initial arcade/mame run the game was fairly unknown and only a few knew that Garou was the equivalent to Fatal Fury, they thought it was a spin off or late sequel so the name Garou was used to describe what now is known as MotW

The Japanese name of the Fatal Fury games is actually Garou Densetsu, while Garou: Mark of the Wolves was the first sequel to not have "Densetsu" in its name.

Chev

Mar 1, 2021
The Japanese name of the Fatal Fury games is actually Garou Densetsu, while Garou: Mark of the Wolves was the first sequel to not have "Densetsu" in its name.
Announcement for the new one uses 餓狼伝説, in japanese, the full Garou Densetsu, so I feel it pays to be clear.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Art of Fighting characters still exist in the Garou/Fatal Fury universe. They'd just be way older than 30.

That said, save em for DLC and hopefully they aren't too reliant on pre-MOTW FF characters for the base roster.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It definitely seems like MotW2 is a long ways off. Which is fine, don't rush it. I just find it funny that we may be close to the next Smash game (I.E. around 2025-2026) by the time MotW2 drops. Perhaps it'll be a perfect excuse for Terry to finally get his MotW jacket in Smash.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping Xiangfei and the Chonrei brothers also come back since they were teenagers in the original series so they would be interesting to see a decade later.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, that's definitely Andy, Terry and Joe

I still can't believe there's gonna be a new Fatal Fury game tbh

Isn't that young Geese?

Probably not, unless MOTW2 is gonna feature time travel

if Ryo can exist in the Fatal Fury universe then so can King. that's my stance.

Yeah, not like they're going to do Art of Fighting 3 anytime soon

EDIT: Just realized my mistake lol, meant they're not doing AOF4

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Art of Fighting characters still exist in the Garou/Fatal Fury universe. They'd just be way older than 30.

That said, save em for DLC and hopefully they aren't too reliant on pre-MOTW FF characters for the base roster.

I share a similar sentiment, as I adore 'Garou: Mark of the Wolves' precisely because it had mostly a new cast, and it would suck if it's just Terry and co. from the Fatal Fury series returning for Part 2.

Yeah, I know Rock Howard is returning and it looks like the game is still ways off from being revealed. But I still want the cast of Garou and new blood to be in the base roster.