• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
What in the hell??? New characters? Any info?
Into my veins, i hate 2.5D KOF, and i love 13, if the loadings on ps5 are next to zero this will be the game of forever.

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Happy for those who want to play this online, even if 15 has spoiled me on how easy the move inputs are by comparison.

Bleep

Nov 12, 2017
What in the hell??? New characters? Any info?
Into my veins, i hate 2.5D KOF, and i love 13, if the loadings on ps5 are next to zero this will be the game of forever.
It's likely the same as the original in terms of the core game. Global Match was used as a subtitle for KOF97 on Steam which had no gameplay changes or additions. This isn't a "UM" title.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
It's likely the same as the original in terms of the core game. Global Match was used as a subtitle for KOF97 on Steam which had no gameplay changes or additions. This isn't a "UM" title.
Yeah for sure. SNK often said adding rollback to XIII would be difficult so KOFXIIIGM is pretty much just built from the ground up while also releasing a PS4/Switch version.
Has to come to PC before long.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
The timing of this seems shady. Even if true I'll gladly leave XIII in the past anyway.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I assume PC is a given with how all their other rollback updates were PC first.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit!! Yeah, I need this.

Ugh 😑

I forgot. April Fool's or real?
This happend at EVO Japan, they wouldn't do this in front of a live audience

I assume PC is a given with how all their other rollback updates were PC first.
Yeah i'm guess more then likely the PC version just gonna get updated to this version with the rollback while the consoles are getting a new version to sell

this is pretty much the same thing that happened with 02UM and 98UM where the PC version just got the rollback as updates which console got new releases

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I never particularly enjoyed the gameplay of this one, but I always wanted to play online and that was literally unplayable so I didn't even begin to learn it, so I feel like I have to get it now.

My biggest problem was them not having a lot of my favourites/Leona being in but with that stupid outfit. I can't even remember who I used aside from Andy and Mr. Karate lol, or if I even had a main 3rd member.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
A shame that this isn't coming to Xbox, but I'm glad that KoFXIII is finally getting rollback (even on Switch). With that said, I'm worried about the lack of confirmation about cross-play.

Last edited:

prodyg

Oct 28, 2017
No Xbox version is getting old, wont be supporting this. i'll stick with the BC version.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
No Xbox version is getting old, wont be supporting this. i'll stick with the BC version.

Was disappointed by this as well. Happened with another older KOF game (I forget the number), Mark of the Wolves, and now this.

BC versions are okay but without online functionality & rollback/crossplay they're not as fun since you can't mix it up with other people.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Just a few days ago I was thinking why is there no port of this game on current consoles. No native PS5 / Xbox version is kinda weird, but whatever. Will get the PS4 version then.

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
Yoooo wow

I hope they update the PC version too. Also RIP Xbox lol. This needs cross play to really shone though.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
It's bc on Series S/X. What happens with that version?

The same thing that happens with all other b/c titles that got remastered - nothing.

No steam version seems odd to me but a cool overall announcement

It could be because the current Steam version could get updated.

That or because it was announced at EVO Japan, we could see a PC addition later.

Edit: Oh I guess the additional stuff is already on PC so it wouldnt make sense to announce it for PC. But Xbox gets screwed (somewhat) still.

Last edited: