• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/22/nyregion/george-soros-explosive-device.html

An explosive device was found on Monday near the Westchester County home of George Soros, the billionaire philanthropist who is a favorite target of right-wing groups, according to a law enforcement official.

The device did not explode on its own, and bomb squad technicians "proactively detonated" it, the official said.

Federal and state law enforcement officials responded to the scene in Katonah, N.Y., a hamlet in the upscale town of Bedford in northern Westchester.

The Bedford Police Department and the Westchester County Department of Public Safety said Monday night that they were investigating at that location. The police declined to answer questions but said that a hazardous device unit had been requested.

Just another lone wolf though right guys?

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez. At what point are people responsible for making up bullshit conspiracy theories?

It's rherorical. I know the answer in the current timeline.

Edit: He should sue Jones, etc for libel/slander.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
If Soros has complete control over all information, wouldn't he have seen this coming and stopped the terrorist?

The right has made him into a real life Zero I swear.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Ok seriously what the fuck is up with the alt right and George Soros? Has there been any evidence saying he's paying "mobs" or democratic institutions or anyone? Why is he constantly being brought up?

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
inb4 "he planted it himself"
(who am I kidding it's probably the first comments on anything related to this)

Jun 2, 2018
Northern Ireland
Soros is basically the far right's boogie man. If you believe them, he is simultaneously coordinating all efforts against their movement. I find it somewhat hilarious ever time he is brought up.

This is a bit unsettling though.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He must be the boogey man to these idiots. Far right lunatics, go back to the shadows scumbags.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok seriously what the fuck is up with the alt right and George Soros? Has there been any evidence saying he's paying "mobs" or democratic institutions or anyone? Why is he constantly being brought up?
It's not just in this country. I think right-wingers all around the world kind of have it out for him.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. Is it just because he's rich and a Jew? Has there been any evidence of him paying off anyone?
He's essentially one of, if not the only people that can even sort of line up with their conspiracy theories since he's a rich Jewish guy who donates to moderate libs worldwide.

They use him essentially for to prop up their stuff as more than just racism and recruitment.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
He might start actually paying people off bc he's pissed if this keeps happening

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
In before Trump saying he deserves to be scared like this. Basically condoning terrorism if it suits his needs.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
Soros is 88 years old. Who will be their guy when he's gone in the not too distant future?

Sokrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it. Is it just because he's rich and a Jew? Has there been any evidence of him paying off anyone?

He's also a philanthropist who supports progressive causes with the MoveOn organization.

Conservatives get mad when someone else is using the super PAC system against them. Doesn't help that he's (((Jewish))), making the anti Semites come out of the woodworks. Which is disgusting cause he's a Holocaust survivor.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Keep voting. It'll take a while, but eventually this yee-hawdist crap will stop getting free passes after we slowly vote out enough of the GOP.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need him to adopt a dark skinned Puerto Rican child. A black, spanish speaking Jew, set to receive a stupidly wealthy inheritance.

The resulting fuckery would break the seven seals.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
yeah i think more people are gonna get targeted when shit really gets real, when Trump refuses to accept the midterm results and then the Mueller investigation findings. he is going to start blaming everyone and vilifying the media more and more..

i really hope folks at CNN, MSNBC, WAPO, NYT and TYT etc have good security.

it is going to be a miracle if no journalist or prominent Democrat gets hurt in the next 1-2 years. i really fucking hope i'm wrong but it is very obvious the Republican party and their supporters are absolutely divorced from reality and really quite crazy, there's a lot of potential for many of them to snap and do something violent, especially considering how easily they can get highly destructive weapons.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
If Soros has complete control over all information, wouldn't he have seen this coming and stopped the terrorist?

The right has made him into a real life Zero I swear.

He knew and saw it coming and let it happen to appear as a victim /s can you see how easy it is to fall into these conspiracy traps ?

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was logically the next step after Mitch McConnell got his sandwiches violently tossed out. #bothsides

Jun 2, 2018
Northern Ireland
It's not just in this country. I think right-wingers all around the world kind of have it out for him.

Before the Brexit referendum and the rise of Trump, the only thing I knew about him was the bet he made on the pound and the money he made from it. Some people viewed him as not acting in our best interests.

This is a whole other level of vitriol, he's the guy coordinating all left wing propaganda who is seemingly helping to enact the Kalergi plan according to some (look that one up if you haven't already, it's pretty..... interesting).

These people are beyond engaging with. I don't know what you can do with them.

BrokenBox

Oct 26, 2017
CiViLiTy

Everyone, especially Republicans, should come out hard on this. I won't hold my breath, but this is terrifying as shit.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that in Hungary the national media spent hundreds of millions of Euros to spread the Soros conspiracy theories by spamming ads, billboards, even passing a "STOP SOROS" (I am not even close to joking) bill at one point. Some people are dead serious about making this conspiracy a thing, and it's no surprise millions of people now think it's true, so no shock some of them are violent cowards. The man is far from being a saint (as most rich people, he gained his wealth with questionable albeit legal tricks, see Black Wednesday), but the people who believe he is behind some migrant colonization conspiracy are so deep in the rabbithole that they probably can't be saved. They'd sooner believe a unicorn farting chemtrails on their heads than real news.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
James Woods out on twitter like a week or 2 ago going on about Soros being a Nazi collaborator, one of their favorite conspiracies (despite Soros being a child during WWII). Ramping up the hate for Soros right before the elections, I guess. Then they can blame any potential GOP losses on his influence.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Soros is just a code name, a mantle. Soros isn't any one individual. Soros is an ideology.

Soros isn't here, he isn't there, he is all around us. Soros is in you, he is in me.

He is the starbucks you drink when you get up in morning, he is the medicare card you flash at the doctor's, he is the rainbow flag you wave, he is the tweet you send when you're getting a conservative fired

Wherever theres a fight so hungry people can eat, he's there. Wherever theres a cop beatin' up a guy, he's there. Hes in the way guys yell when they're mad. Hes in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Soros is 88 years old. Who will be their guy when he's gone in the not too distant future?

Any (((Libcuck))) who dares to stand out.

(((Pelosi))), (((Madigan))), (((Warren))) - Just for some examples.

They'll always find someone to manufacture controversy against. Even if they have a perfectly clean record, they'll "find" something.

On that note, out here in Illinois, I'm surprised I've not seen any attack ads against Lauren Underwood yet. In a way it actually kinda concerns me if it means that Hultgren's campaign feels they have a solid enough lead (+4) to not have to bother with any of the "X has ties to (((Madigan)))!!!" fearmonger-slander ads other GOP incumbents have been using.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018

Reading the replies makes me want to die. Not only are they eating up this conspiracy, as if a group of refugees would make a perilous journey on foot to the US for the equivalent of a buck and a half USD, but they are justifying trying to kill a man for using his wealth to promote the welfare of displaced people in other instances. What kind of depraved monster looks at poor people receiving a pittance of charity and concludes that it must be a conspiracy to attack the US?