• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

Joe Neate just announced 8.4 million people have played Sea of Thieves since launch. 2 million new players have joined since march when they launched the Anniversary update.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Seems like xbox is doing a nintendo with all these anouncements after the conference

SamWilson

Alt account
Banned
Mar 14, 2019
I assume I count as one of those people, even though I only played it for about 2 hours on Game Pass and then uninstalled.

Is there a minimum length of time needed?

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
What is the average number of concurrent players? How many people watch it on Twitch? And how do those numbers compare to other titles?

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to try it since I just signed up for the PC Game Pass, but I'll be playing alone. I hear it's best played with multiple people.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Good numbers. I've been happily sailing away since the Anniversary update bought me back into the fold.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Very cool. Glad to hear the game is doing well. Hope rare continues to support it for years to come

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
8 million players is very impressive for SoT and I'm glad Rare is enjoying some success at the moment. Goldeneye sold about 8 million copies, but obviously that doesn't mean the same amount of people played both games. No sales figures unfortunately.

All that said, I'm still pissed that they didn't show a new game at E3. Not that I was expecting it, but it would've been cool to see. I'm guessing they're probably waiting for an E3 2020 reveal. Now to wait another year. Ugh......

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
8.4m played is great. We'll probably never see sales figures, though.
It's still being supported a year later with free updates and more to come, that's probably a good metric for sucess for those who enjoy it.

8 million players is very impressive for SoT and I'm glad Rare is enjoying some success at the moment. Goldeneye sold about 8 million copies, but obviously that doesn't mean the same amount of people played both games. No sales figures unfortunately.

All that said, I'm still pissed that they didn't show a new game at E3. Not that I was expecting it, but it would've been cool to see. I'm guessing they're probably waiting for an E3 2020 reveal. Now to wait another year. Ugh......

Me too, I imagine they are working hard on next gen stuff.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone received the reward yet? Do you just have to log in?

Edit: Nvm, should show up within 72 hours.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So they said not long ago sales and gamepass where 50/50. So lets say 4.2 million copies sold. We arent getting anything more accurate.

isaaccs

Banned
Apr 12, 2019
Sea of Thieves has done absolutely amazing. If I recall correctly, hasn't Joe also said before that it's 50/50 between Game Pass players and sale players?