• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
"Soubry says she stands by Tory austerity policy after 2010 and that it was the right thing to do for the country."

lol

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The beginning of the new Labour years were more than Blairite fluff. Lots of energy from across the party created some good ideas, it kinda gets lost in the twats ego and governing style.

This lot don't even have that.
Yeah and it grew from bottom up too which is the only sustainable movement really.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Maybe Stalin was right about purging those with weak fortitude for the cause

Wreckers I believe they called them

tonybegone

alt account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
The Labour party gets better by the day.

A return to Attlee's economic program would be great, which these former 'Labour MPs' would've called marxist

tonybegone

alt account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
They should have a "love the nhs, hate that dirty commies made it" sticker
Lol.

Speaking of the NHS, you have to wonder what these MPs would've been saying if we were in massive debt and introduced it like we did back then.

'We can't afford it' 'This is not the Labour party I joined, this is communism' 'I don't want to be lectured to by left wing intellectuals'

tonybegone

alt account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
I have a question for the Corbynites:
What's more important to you?

A) Remaining in the EU and insure a better future for young people?
or
B) Or absolute isolationist political purity?
I don't think you'll get many genuine Corbynites here. They're all on twitter.

But as a Labour member and Momentum I can say most Corbynites would support no deal if it meant a Corbyn goverment

Oct 25, 2017
The chat from this press conference makes me think they'll have the problem of trying to get as many people on board as they can while they have momentum, then when it comes down to it the standard infighting will begin. Depends how many MPs switch (which of course will depend on polling over the next few weeks)

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The chat from this press conference makes me think they'll have the problem of trying to get as many people on board as they can while they have momentum, then when it comes down to it the standard infighting will begin. Depends how many MPs switch (which of course will depend on polling over the next few weeks)
they will all agree on standing for absolutely nothing

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
So how much more obviously do these guys have to be ideologically identical to Tories, recruit Tories, and praise Tory-era policy before this spectacular illusion that they represent "a change in politics" (or literally anything other than careerist horseshit) disintegrates?

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
So how much more obviously do these guys have to be ideologically identical to Tories, recruit Tories, and praise Tory-era policy before this spectacular illusion that they represent "a change in politics" (or literally anything other than careerist horseshit) disintegrates?
This is why I want to know what they actually stand for so I can see what they are really offering that's truly different and if it's worth getting excited and energised over.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
It's kinda funny the Brown Blair beef happened. They fundamentally agree on most things except blair being slightly more to the right on some things like social security etc.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I mean, if it walks like a Tory, talks like a Tory and supports punitive austerity like a Tory it's clearly an exciting new remedy for our broken politics! #changepolitics #obviously

Oct 27, 2017

If they were identical to tories they would have just joined the tories. The ideology and position of the Conservative party is so right wing and toxic currently that I'm not surprised that there would be some moderate tories willing to join a new central party. Will be interesting to see if there are more defections from either party.

Oct 26, 2017
Press conference if you missed it:

"challenge the status quo"
by
"retaining the status quo"

This is fucking hilarious. I find it amazing that Tory MPs are now saying that the party is not nice and tolerant. Like, the Conservative party has never been those things. Poe-faced disingenuousness or serious naiveté. I'm going former.

Last edited:

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can assure you this has nothing to do with Corby not being a strong Remainer and everything to do with these defector being salty blairites trying to do a power move because god forbid for the party to shit left
Man, Corbyn can just do no wrong with some people huh? Not even saying that the IG are good people or justified, but even Labour's deputy leader understands why they left. Country literally on the brink of a hard brexit that could kill millions and you don't think he could have done anything to keep his party together? Is shifting leftward important enough to put lives at stake? Is shifting "leftward" even possible if you alienate everyone else? Do you really believe that these 8 labour MPs are the only labour MPs with that have a beef with the current direction of that party? If they were, they wouldn't have bothered defecting, they're the tip of the iceberg.

Not that I'm giving May a pass by any means, she's shittier for sure. But damn if some people aren't willing to give Corbyn a pass for literally anything.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Man, Corbyn can just do no wrong with some people huh? Not even saying that the IG are good people or justified, but even Labour's deputy leader understands why they left. Country literally on the brink of a hard brexit that could kill millions and you don't think he could have done anything to keep his party together? Is shifting leftward important enough to put lives at stake? Is shifting "leftward" even possible if you alienate everyone else? Do you really believe that these 8 labour MPs are the only labour MPs with that have a beef with the current direction of that party? Cause they're the tip of the iceberg.

Not that I'm giving May a pass by any means, she's shittier for sure. But damn if some people aren't willing to give Corbyn a pass for literally anything.
How do you feel about thousands dying now from policies Centrists support?

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not going to look that up because it sounds pretty funny and I'll end up disappointed.

It is funny, but if you'd rather remain in blissful ignorance, don't click the spoiler:

Following an accident in which he managed to run himself over, Brian explained to the press that he had been starving so had binged on three cheese and tuna mayo baked potatoes. He went to his mate's house, but couldn't turn his Merc around in the cul-de-sac. At that point, he got a wave of post-binge nausea and opened the door to be sick but tragically instead of keeping his foot on the brake he pressed the accelerator and fell out of the car, running himself over in the process. He woke up weeks later in intensive care.

And he hit himself with his own car..

See above :-)

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies for the dumb question, but this seems to keep growing and I don't know enough about British parliament. At what point is this new party a decent size?

Simon21

Apr 25, 2018
Wollaston joined up in 2010,the Tories haven't changed that much.

They've definitely shifted since then.

Whatever you think of it now, Cameron's Conservatives at the time was all about moving into the centre ground, adopting green, socially liberal policies. There's been a noticeable shift rightward.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
And right wingers all think centrists are actually just left wing.

Almost as if they're ... in the centre.
Ah the old both of them hate them thus they must be right. Okay, if they were legitimately on the centre they would have left wing achievements as well as right wing. But they largely don't, they lean right way more often.