• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Resetera

Not sure how many people know of this genre of remix, but essentially there's a group of folks on YouTube/Soundcloud out there taking current top 10 hits and remixing them to sound like they came out of the 80s.

And honestly? They are pretty fucking amazing. They take what would be otherwise unlistenable for an old fogey like myself and make them jams.

Here's a couple:

And here's an hour long mix which a whole bunch from various artists:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfGcfdy2avY

So far my fav remixer is TRONICBOX
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB3W9gT-mFMN1j12pydSNOw

If anyone has any other artists they wanna share def post em here!

Barajas_201

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
My god... OP what have you introduced to me?! I know what I'm gonna be listing to all day now...

Last edited:

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't mind these but I am a fan of Into You original song. I have seen a video that I thought was dope. It was Stranger Things if written by Tame Impala.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These two are the best ones I found, the beginning of the Adele remix is particularly strong. A neat trend I hadn't seen before

Barajas_201

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mexico

Gif_a281ec_5323722.gif

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These rule. "Somebody that I used to know" is the best one, I think, but it also is maybe already the best song of all these songs to begin with.

FeenixRisen

McDonalds looks really average next to Wendys
Oct 25, 2017
These are good

Get back at me when they have songs that emulate the 80s neo soul or Minneapolis sound.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Gen X has been biding its time (while the Boomers and Millennials fight over avocados and apartments), waiting to reclaim its glory.

These are simply the next moves in the long game. Invest in spandex and hairspray now.

Late 80s-early 90s was the best timeline. The whole thing was glamorous.

Last edited:

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
It's weird what's made it through the cultural filter as the "80s sound." If you would've asked me in 1990 what would be considered '80s music in the future, I would've bet on New Wave, Minneapolis sound, Hip-Hop, and hair bands.

These sound like music from TV shows & low-budget '80s comedies that couldn't afford to use actual hits, so they paid someone from the valley $500 to make soundalikes.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
This is pure, scientific proof that the 80s were the peak of A E S T H E T I C S, and we stray further from God's light everyday we deny it. Born in 93, but there is just something magical about the music and feel of that era that cannot be replace, and as a pretty hardcore metalhead, I warmed up way more to today's pop as an 80s remix then I should be.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
This is amazing! At first I thought I was reading Ariana Grande had covered popular 80's songs.

"Into you" is absolutely perfection. Subbing to this channel.

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
I always found 80s music to be kind of weird and boring beat wise but holy crap this remixes.... after listening then I'm like
ca9.gif

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
Something went wrong with my previous post and I can't edit it correctly for some reason, so I'll try it again.

Check this Mitch Murder remix of Kiesza's Hideaway!