• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

Jesus H Christ, Game Freak. There is no excuse for this, Previous games had hack checks to keep hacked Pokemon off of online trades and online battles.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not even surprised. GF slacks off hard when it comes to fighting against hacks (see: Pokebank and the way it checks hacks, previous games).

If they bothered to neutralize hacking, we wouldn't see such pitiful attempts.

There's no GTS or wonder trade so it's hardly an issue.

And?

Just bc they're not there, doesn't mean its smart to slack off on hacking.

Oni_J

Oct 28, 2017
I'll sound like a nut job of a conspirator but I think it's probably a Thatsbait.gif
Let them hack in the launch window, then kiss goodbye to those accounts and consoles.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Not surprised; I got a Beast Ball Rowlet from trading online in Ultra Sun that I am 100% certain is not legitimate.

Still, it does look cool.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Not impossible for a starter to be inside a beast ball if it were bred and inherited its parent's poekball.
Pretty sure that only works for Pokémon of the same species: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_breeding#Inheriting_Pok.C3.A9_Balls
Prior to Generation VI, all hatched Pokémon are obtained in a standard red-and-white Poké Ball.

Starting in Generation VI, the Poké Ball of the female Pokémon will be passed down to its offspring. In Generation VII, if a male and female Pokémon of the same species are bred, the offspring will have an equal chance of inheriting either parent's Poké Ball. Despite being able to produce offspring of either species when bred together, Nidoran♀/Nidoran♂ and Volbeat/Illumise are still considered different species and the male's Poké Ball will not be inherited when breeding with its female counterpart.

In Generation VI, male and genderless Pokémon (including Ditto) have no impact on the type of Poké Ball inherited; as such, when breeding a male or genderless Pokémon with Ditto (which is the only way to breed certain species), the offspring is always obtained in a standard Poké Ball. In Generation VII, when breeding a male or genderless Pokémon with Ditto, the Poké Ball of the male or genderless Pokémon will be passed down to its offspring.

Also you can't "catch" a Rowlet like you can with several of the other starters.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure that only works for Pokémon of the same species: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_breeding#Inheriting_Pok.C3.A9_Balls

Also you can't "catch" a Rowlet like you can with several of the other starters.
Well, that actually confirms what I said. The bred Pokemon will always inherit its mother's pokeball, unless the breeding occured between members of the same species, in which case there's a 50/50 chance of it inheriting either ball.
So it's possible that you received a Rowlet whose mother was caught with a Beast Ball. Breeding the right kind of pokeball isn't uncommon in the community, since each ball has its own special effect in battle.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You can't trade impossible Pokémon in US however.
Another reason to be glad i'm living in Canada.
Well, that actually confirms what I said. The bred Pokemon will always inherit its mother's pokeball, unless the breeding occured between members of the same species, in which case there's a 50/50 chance of it inheriting either ball.
So it's possible that you received a Rowlet whose mother was caught with a Beast Ball. Breeding the right kind of pokeball isn't uncommon in the community, since each ball has its own special effect in battle.
So you don't understand how breeding in Pokémon works.
There is no legitimate way to get a Rowlet in a Beast Ball through breeding.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I received a clearly hacked shiny Mimikyu in Moon through GTS. I never caught a ban for it. I don't think they'll give you a ban just for having a hacked pokemon.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Another reason to be glad i'm living in Canada.

So you don't understand how breeding in Pokémon works.
There is no legitimate way to get a Rowlet in a Beast Ball through breeding.
I understand that any of the Pokemon on this list can breed with Rowlet and be a female caught with a Beast Ball that will pass on the pokeball to the offspring.
Unless the Beast Ball has a specific restriction and isn't passed down, which is something I'm not aware of.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't aware this game was hacked already. In it for the main adventure though so I can't say this bothers me.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
"I guess you could say they really...
latest

Dropped the Poké Ball on this one."
horatio.jpg

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I understand that any of the Pokemon on this list can breed with Rowlet and be a female caught with a Beast Ball that will pass on the pokeball to the offspring.
Unless the Beast Ball has a specific restriction and isn't passed down, which is something I'm not aware of.

Species is inherited from the mother. If you breed a female Pokemon not from the Rowlet line with a male Rowlet, the baby won't be Rowlet.

Thus, Rowlet can only inherit its ball from other Rowlet/Dartrix/Decidueye. Since none of those can be caught in the wild as of now, the only ball Rowlet can legitimately be in is a normal Poke Ball.

Last edited:

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
Species is inherited from the mother. If you breed a female Pokemon not from the Rowlet line with a male Rowlet, the baby won't be Rowlet.

Thus, Rowlet can only inherit its ball from other Rowlet/Dartrix/Decidueye. Since none of those can be caught in the wild as of now, the only ball Rowlet can legitimately be in is a normal Poke Ball.

what if the Rowlet is female? starters can still be female iirc. are poke ball inheritances restricted even in that case?

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
How is this a good defense? You don't have to want it to be competitive to want legit Pokémon.

Even if it was female, the SuMo/USUM female starters only come in Pokéballs.

yeah but wouldn't it be possible to breed a male poke caught with a beast ball with a female Rowlet and get the offspring Rowlet with the beast ball?

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Game Freak.....WHYYYYYYYYY.

Well that kills me wanting to do random trades and/or battles because I dont want my console banned for using a hacked pokemon or something.

Sire Yoshi

Oct 25, 2017
RestEra Sales threads
Game Freak.....WHYYYYYYYYY.

Well that kills me wanting to do random trades and/or battles because I dont want my console banned for using a hacked pokemon or something.

Biggest problem here is nintendo banning accounts bc people unknowingly got hacked pokemon.

Nintendo has never banned anyone for getting a hacked pokemon, they just don't let it transfer to pokemon bank and other gen games.

On that note, does anyone know if this game is going to be compatible with pokemon bank?