• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
All the adverts I'm seeing in the UK are of the Switch version, and highlight Star Fox. I wouldn't be surprised if people think it's a Switch exclusive.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
This years biggest failure I suspect (amongst larger productions). With Tomb Raider in a solid second spot.
Would never have known this game existed if not for ResetEra.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The open world space game is the only new IP released at retail this Q4 and it has started very slowly, only making No.14.

picard.png

All formats?

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Good game. I like the toys, the kids do too.

One thing I realized today is that the toys feel more part of the game than previous toys to life titles. They're right on your controller, changing ships, wings and weapons is dynamic and used in gameplay. With games with toy bases, they're usually across the room next to your console.

Hopefully it gets the developer another project with Nintendo.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only ever see talks about the Switch version to be fair. I know it's a multiplatform, but I see Nintendo websites talk about it all the time, whereas other platform websites not so much. It's also true there's tons of huge third parties on the other platforms atm (Call Of Duty, Tomb Raider, etc.), whereas there's less on the Switch right now, so I guess that also matters.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen a commercial here in the US and it's all about the Switch version and Star Fox with no mention of other platforms I think.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
i didn't even know it is released on other platforms. That reveal that's so tied with the starfox cameo really seal the deal that this is a nintendo game

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Not surprising.
I haven't bought it yet but I'm interested. I'll probably buy it next month since I already went way overboard with my videogame budget this month. While I had zero interest in this game prior to release, the way people have talked about it since has really piqued my interest.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Market share will probably look likethat across the board, I feel very bad for the game not seemingly doing very well though :( It looks good to me. Starfox content just looks fantastic.

Hasnt exactly lit up Amazon at the very least.. I think it peaked at 60 or so on the daily chart.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Doesn't surprise me. A combination of the extra Star Fox content, as well as AC Odyssey, Black Ops 4 and RDR 2 being on the other platforms, a Switch majority was a no brainier.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i didn't even know it is released on other platforms. That reveal that's so tied with the starfox cameo really seal the deal that this is a nintendo game
That was the second showing of the game. It was actually revealed the year before.

Star Fox "saved" this game from being completely obscure

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
82% of a couple thousand units is useless data. It's not like the game sold well of Switch, it just didn't sell anywhere else. And I surely hope that's not the "power of Star Fox" because I like Star Fox and this would mean it's dead forever...

huH1678

Oct 30, 2017
First i ever heard of it, just went to watch the gamespot review. If no one told me it was multiplatform I would've thought it was exclusive going by all the starfox stuff. Also toys to life stuff are dead expect for Nintendo fans who like collecting these toys.

And yeah 82% of low sales aren't really impressive...

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game was always going to bomb on PS4 and Xbox, the game received like negative fanfare before the Star Fox stuff. It was bathroom break fodder during Ubi's presentations.

The Star Fox stuff didn't hurt it, it only helped it, it didn't have any mindshare before that. Even if it didn't seem to do notable numbers at all.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
For the cheapest digital version it's £45 ($60) on the US eshop and £70 on the UK eshop.

When I looked on a Saturday it didn't even chart on the UK store. Not surprised at that price. I'll be getting it from the US store.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I really want to buy this, but I need to know from starfox fans how good it is!? lol

Great sales for switch Version, just make it exclusive next time and a proper star fox game :)

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps it is just me. I thought this game is an exclusive title for the Switch until I read this news...