• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They'll find many ways to blame video games instead of the gun being out in the open.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is gonna fit well with the "Vidiyaaa gaymmmess are devil" not how the fuck did a 9YO have access to a gun.

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck. shot her in the head. how do you get to the point where you even have a gun in that argument, now the girl is dead.

Fucking hell America

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure you can kill someone with a knife pretty easily.

The point is that the gun wasn't a problem. He could've used anything to kill her. He used a gun cause that's what he saw on movies etc

I think Shugga's point is if the brother only stabbed her once, she may actually have a chance to live as opposed to being shot once. We simply don't know if the brother would have stopped after stabbing her once or not.

This is just a horrific situation.

Fauxpaw

Oct 25, 2017

The point is that the gun wasn't a problem. He could've used anything to kill her. He used a gun cause that's what he saw on movies etc

Nothing changes the fact that there is a chance, even small, that she could have survived a knife attack. A nine year old will have a hell of a time getting a knife through bone, at least.

A gun to the back of the head gives us a more definite result.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

The gun helps, my friend. Lacking immediate access to deadly weaponry, the child might have just resorted to fist-fighting, like millions of other siblings in households without guns. Any idea how hard it would be for a child to gut their sibling with a knife? Or slit their throat? Not really comparable to pulling a trigger.

And on the news the last 100 times this happened.

The day the news stops reporting gun violence is the day Americans decide it's no longer a problem worth addressing.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain

True, every tool is about as deadly as a gun. If the kid had been trained in martial arts maybe his hands could have been used just as effectively. We can at least agree this wouldn't have happened if the sister had a gun, right?

Book One

Oct 25, 2017

A 9 year old having easy unsupervised access to a gun is a problem, even if it's not the specific one you are holding on to in order to dismiss the other one.

There can be multiple issues at play.

AlmostHuman

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
A 9 year old having easy unsupervised access to a gun is a problem, even if it's not the specific one you are holding on to in order to dismiss the other one.

There can be multiple issues at play.
Yes, that's true. I never said that the kid should've had acces to the weapon.

Anyway, a normal kid wouldn't have done it. He has some issues.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
The gun helps, my friend. Lacking immediate access to deadly weaponry, the child might have just resorted to fist-fighting, like millions of other siblings in households without guns. Any idea how hard it would be for a child to gut their sibling with a knife? Or slit their throat? Not really comparable to pulling a trigger.
Yeah, most people fight with their siblings when they're kids. If I'd had access to a gun when I was 9, I'm sure I would have killed my sister with it. Fortunately the worst I could do was smack her with the Millennium Falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.