• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
I'm especially shocked that 4 other people came over and started kicking him while he was down. Legitimate criminals don't even receive this type of response. I hope all 5 of them are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think more likely the mother thought he was trying to molest her when he bumped into her and let her racism against him cause her to freak out and fly off the handle.

I don't make excuses for racists. It's clear she had a lot of racist hate that drove her into a frenzy. Maybe her daughter was just an excuse to let her racism out.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Why? Right in the article it says this:

"When I take the picture, she said, 'Oh, he tried to touch my girl.' I saw everything, this is a lie. And when the guys came, they hit him in the face, his body, everything," the woman said, adding she heard what the woman was saying to Rodriguez.

"Go back to your country, why are you here, bad things," is what the witness said she head.

It seems like a combo of racism + fear of men being around little kids. He bumped into the girl, mom thought it was because he was trying to go for a grab, she assumed he was bad because he was Hispanic, and proceeded to attack him.

That doesn't justify anything she did and it's not an excuse.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I got a lot of feelings on this matter, but the tone of this thread doesn't seem like I could get away with expressing them, but I wanna hear both sides of the story tho. If he just genuinely accidentally bumped into the kid by accident and that's what set it off, alright. I can accept that. But she took a brick to him, that sounds like some crazy escalation after a bump. Being of Mexican background myself, I could see how other scenarios would play out that would cause a brick to make an appearance. Age or not.
If a 92 year old man reached out for my child, I would quickly pull them away and walk away. He's 92 years old. I mean, I don't see any kind of scenario that would justify this response, she's a little kid so low to the ground, how the hell could he even reach something inappropriate that quickly?

There is no plausible scenario where this response was justified, even if he was reaching out to the kid or even intentionally bumped into her.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck you jump on an 92 year old man. What kind of cowardly bullshit is that? And now that moron is going to lose her child and go to jail because she's a fucking lunatic.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
If a 92 year old man reached out for my child, I would quickly pull them away and walk away. He's 92 years old. I mean, I don't see any kind of scenario that would justify this response, she's a little kid so low to the ground, how the hell could he even reach something inappropriate that quickly?

There is no plausible scenario where this response was justified, even if he was reaching out to the kid.
I aint talking about touching. Black and Brown relations are not good, haven't really ever been good. Anecdotaly, my grandfather on my mothers side was HEAVY racist towards black americans for most of his life (it wasn't until the last 20 years his views have softened and he's become more accepting), but he'd let the epitephs fly when given the opportunity when I was younger. I know for certain he wasnt the only one (when I moved to a smaller town in California more into the agricultural side, away from the city, the black and brown line was still there) Then you get into the gangs in southern california having an implied line that divides the black and brown community and hell I scrolled through a facebook post on this story and a whole lot of hispanic people calling for blood and retribution through gang ties and kicking up 30 year old battle lines. I'm not excusing beating this dude with a brick, but I'm also not totally surprised it came to this.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it was worth losing her daughter over, cause she'll likely never see her again. Those other 4 should get at least 20 years in the slammer too. Pieces of garbage.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Is it wrong to feel this should be time for minorities to get along? Now more than ever, these type of news really hurt.

You have to be a real piece of garbage to assault a 92 yr old man, and the people who joined? Fuck them all

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How was that post trolling?
"lol the sjw cucks will be torn between defending the blacks and defending the old man what a dilemma for them lolololol"

Fuck outta here.
Weren't you the one blaming me for having garbage reading comprehension and it was proved that it was the opposite?

And you still rocking that attitude, I see. Maybe you need to fuck outta here.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
This makes me sad but especially more so because this man seemed to be extremely healthy for his age and this attack could singlehandedly take years off of his life. The attackers should definitely be charged with attempted murder.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Is it wrong to feel this should be time for minorities to get along? Now more than ever, these type of news really hurt.

You have to be a real piece of garbage to assault a 92 yr old man, and the people who joined? Fuck them all
Racism is definitely not only White and Black specific. And unfortunately racism is pure hate, it is not reasonable and therefore can't just be put aside because of reason.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Weren't you the one blaming me for having garbage reading comprehension and it was proved that it was the opposite?

Maybe it wasn't. Why don't you explain what you meant saying, this thread should have "potential" because the attacker was Black? What were you insinuating? What was your intention? What does potential mean? Entertainment?

We already had one person agree with you saying, yep because this person was Black ERA will just ignore it. Maybe that's what you meant? But then again, not exactly potential...

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should be locked up for life. I'd gladly pay extra taxes to get off of the streets.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Racism is definitely not only White and Black specific. And unfortunately racism is pure hate, it is not reasonable and therefore can't just be put aside because of reason.
Also, the Republicans/GOP/Conservatives/racist Whites WANT PoC to turn on each other. It would make THEIR jobs more easier.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky

You didn't 'prove' jack fuck. I said that American patriotism often carries an undercurrent of racism, and you decided to pull a #notallpatriots, even after several people explained shit to you. Now you come in here acting like all of this race shit is a fucking game, that because a black person attacked a non-black person, it's funny or ironic or some shit, and that we'll get twisted up about who to side with here. News flash, 99% of people in this thread are siding with the poor old man. So no, you can fuck off.

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I fully agree but there are quite a few examples here, not specifically in this tread, that show different levels of tolerance.

Maybe it wasn't. Why don't you explain what you meant saying, this thread should have "potential" because the attacker was Black? What were you insinuating? What was your intention? What does potential mean? Entertainment?

We already had one person agree with you saying, yep because this person was Black ERA will just ignore it. Maybe that's what you meant? But then again, not exactly potential...
No need for explanation since I already got a warning. Better jump on our own conclusions first.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I fully agree but there are quite a few examples here, not specifically in this tread, that show different levels of tolerance.

No need for explanation since I already got a warning. Better jump on our own conclusions first.
I mean you were the one that asked, but alright, whatever. We can let it be.

Oct 25, 2017

No one likes you and your chickenshit attempts throughout your time here to imply things are so unfair for white people here, that the concerns about racism are just disengenous reasons to hate on white people. So you come into a thread about a 92yo man being beaten with a brick to inject some bullshit narrative of yours about some racism double standard. Like seriously, you're fucking scum.

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You didn't 'prove' jack fuck. I said that American patriotism often carries an undercurrent of racism, and you decided to pull a #notallpatriots, even after several people explained shit to you. Now you come in here acting like all of this race shit is a fucking game, that because a black person attacked a non-black person, it's funny or ironic or some shit, and that we'll get twisted up about who to side with here. News flash, 99% of people in this thread are siding with the poor old man. So no, you can fuck off.
Keep putting words in my mouth.

As for the other thing, go back and check the posts you still telling your thing.

I mean you were the one that asked, but alright, whatever. We can let it be.
The question was rhetorical, I didn't expect mods answering.

No one likes you and your chickenshit attempts throughout your time here to imply things are so unfair for white people here, that the concerns about racism are just disengenous reasons to hate on white people. So you come into a thread about a 92yo man being beaten with a brick to inject some bullshit narrative of yours about some racism double standard. Like seriously, you're fucking scum.
What are you talking about?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Why would a thread like this get less attention?

Here's the thing, many people here are minorities that have experienced racism. Black and White racism is something that effects their lives daily especially due to the systemic nature of it. Of course they are more interested in discussing that and even more heated about it, because they can relate. It's also has a long history in this country. Also, the President is pushing racist rhetoric which makes White racism against other races a huge current event issue, which, this lady actually repeated some of Trump's racist rhetoric, though the connection to whether she is parroting her President, is unknown.

So for many on ERA this is just a story of a horrible person doing a horrible things to another person. There isn't much else to say. I don't think it has anything to do with Black people not wanting to say bad things about another Black person. I don't think anybody in here has defended this woman.

Keep putting words in my mouth.

As for the other thing, go back and check the posts you still telling your thing.

The question was rhetorical, I didn't expect mods answering.

What are you talking about?

Sorry I didn't realize we weren't supposed to comment on a mod warning whine about asking why a comment was trolling as long as the question was rhetorical. Maybe next time don't talk about it if you don't actually want people to talk about it.

Untzillatx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basque Country
Anyone is capable of showing prejudice, it is not limited to a particular group.

That being said, why is it with some people that they need to be aggressive and resort to violence at any slight, perceived or real?

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
rjinaz said:
Sorry I didn't realize we weren't supposed to comment on a mod warning whine about asking why a comment was trolling as long as the question was rhetorical. Maybe next time don't talk about it if you don't actually want people to talk about it.
Didn't I say so? I just made it clear since the original one wasn't.

But I derailed this thread long enough, so I will end it here. PM me if you truly want something.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully all those pieces of shit get found and charged for assault. Fuck them.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely terrible. Hopefully her and all the guys that beat him face charges and go away for a long time.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Black people can be racist ant anti immigrant...

Black people can also be trump supporters.

There is a large % of my America that is stupid, racist, and dangerous.