• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Genuinely shocked 1917 didn't win best picture. I felt like it had all the momentum. Really happy for Parasite, though. What a moment that best pic announcement was.

I was also happy to see a few wins for Ford v Ferrari. Not a film that is going to set the world on fire with it's impact but, my goodness, was it well-made from a technical perspective.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Why would he be? Peele's directorial debut won him an Oscar. Us wasn't nearly as good as Get Out anyways.

This. Jordan Peele is sitting on two of the highest grossing original horror films of all time. One a trophy, should have been BP, will be a film watched in film study classes for the next 20 years, has blank check for the next decade. Dude is probably stoked something like Parasite won, even Lee looked happy for them and you know how hard it is for Lee to be happy for anything... as a Knicks fan

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Do you guys think Jordan Peele is pissed that Parasite won so many awards while Us got nominated for nothing?

I definitely don't think so (sorry for editing your post btw, I just hate this community's overuse of that dumbass meme so I'm just ignoring/erasing it from now on in stuff I quote). As much as I love Us and think it's better than Get Out: Parasite was better and deserved those wins

Now if the question was "should he be pissed" or "Are you guys pissed": Parasite was better and deserved those wins. But. It is still very much bullshit Lupita Nyong'o basically only didn't get recognized by the Globes and Oscars for her incredible performance in Us. All thoughts about the film's ending or rewatchability aside: she definitely deserved a nomination, minimum, in each

I wouldn't have been against Elisabeth Moss getting a Supporting Actress nom too, but I was actually fine with all the nominated people (especially Florence Pugh, who I would have loved to see get an Actress nom for Midsommar too. She really carried 2019 imo between her roles in both that and Little Women), so that one's harder to be upset about being snubbed

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Pugh getting best actress for Midsommar over Zellewegger for Judy would have been 👍👍👍

Hereditary and Collette being snubbed last year is still probably the biggest horror snub I've ever seen though holy shit.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't have been against Elisabeth Moss getting a Supporting Actress nom too, but I was actually fine with all the nominated people (especially Florence Pugh, who I would have loved to see get an Actress nom for Midsommar too. She really carried 2019 imo between her roles in both that and Little Women), so that one's harder to be upset about being snubbed

Thought she put in work for Fighting with My Family as well. Went 3 for 3 this year

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think Jordan Peele is salty that Parasite won so many awards while Us got nominated for nothing?

Us was not the strongest film if you ask me. Great performances and some really good moments but I felt the pacing was terrible in points, there was some horrible scenes of exposition and the story itself was a bit of a mess.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Us was not the strongest film if you ask me. Great performances and some really good moments but I felt the pacing was terrible in points, there was some horrible scenes of exposition and the story itself was a bit of a mess.
I really hope the exposition was at the studio's behest because holy shit was it clunky.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lupita Nyong'o was robbed of a nomination for her role in Us, but apart from that I doubt anyone is salty Us hasn't got any nominations. Even more shocking than her not being nominated, though, is that Us was actually her first leading role, even though she is a recognized and well stablished actress.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
No one cares about horror at the academy unfortunately which makes the academy even more of a joke.

How could Toni Collette not get a nomination for this? It is absurd.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I finally saw JoJo Rabbit, I've now seen all the best picture nominees. It was good but it was the one film that I didn't agree with nominating. I would definitely have had Knives Out there instead. And I'd rank it below several other movies, including Two Popes, The Lighthouse, Neighborhood, and The Report.