• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Great speech by Joaquin and hopefully this mean an Oscar for him, he deserve it.
He's pretty much as close to a lock as you can have at this point.

Edit: Renee winning. Zzzz. The screenplay awards and potentially best picture might be the only interesting major awards at the Oscars.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Joaquin had a great speech.

Plus made it sound like he thinks Adam driver should've won. But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Daemul

Dec 13, 2017
Scotland
The same four actors are winning literally every industry award, although it is deserved. Oscar night is going to be hella boring in the Acting catergories.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He's pretty much as close to a lock as you can have at this point.

Edit: Renee winning. Zzzz. The screenplay awards and potentially best picture might be the only interesting major awards at the Oscars.

Just the fact that its a comic movie has me a little fuzzy when it comes to Oscars since this is one of the bigger awards.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny, I walked out of Hollywood thinking Pitt was the coolest guy in movies and I still never really expected him to win acting awards for him.

Laura Dern definitely deserves Best Supporting Actress.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Also Joaquin's speech was very good. Really liked how he acknowledged Driver, Joaquin knows Adam's time will come eventually, this is just Joaquin's year.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, ok.

Haven't seen Parasite yet (might see it tonight) but I have difficulty believing the ensemble tops DiCaprio, Pitt, Margot Robbie, Al Pacino, and more.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Parasite won ensemble. That's huge. It's BP chances increased a lot.

1917 is still probably winning it though.

OUaTiH is done.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
It's between 1917 with the PGA win and Parasite with the SAG and ACE wins now. Really wouldn't be unhappy either way but I want Parasite to get it.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Film buffs, what's the predictive value for SAG --> Oscars?

Probably not that much as of late. Black Panther won last year. Last time it lined up was Spotlight in 2015.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong though, this keeps it alive. Hard to see DGAs not awarding Mendes, but I also think Bong is a dark horse there.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing

EOsZZ73X0AEXRF6

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
I still think it's 1917 for Best Picture, with Joker as a dark horse.

Maybe I'm not giving Parasite a chance because I don't want to get my hopes up.