• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
"Bebe's Kids" with Kevin Hart in Robin Harris' role would probably make me mad

giphy.gif

ByteCulture

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Iam still waiting for "AristcoCats". Dont know if iam pissed or it will be the greatest live action remake ever

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, Toy Story or something? I wouldn't get pissed though, usually my reaction is "why on earth would they do that?" and then realize the answer is always "money".

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The Road to El Dorado.
Wouldn't be mad but like, could never compare.

7VF2.gif

WTyyJAu.gif

giphy.webp

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
Not sure I care enough to be pissed, but I swear if they made a live action remake of The Sword in the Stone, it would almost certifiably suck.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
It already happened.

It's called The Last Airbender.

And I didn't get pissed even when I saw the reviews. I just had a wrinkle of hope that there could be some form of entertainment out of it.

I was wrong.

This was my answer. I've never seen anything miss the mark so badly as this movie. They didn't get a single thing right.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Not sure I care enough to be pissed, but I swear if they made a live action remake of The Sword in the Stone, it would almost certifiably suck.

Have you seen this?

I don't see a problem, really. The 1963 animation is based on a TH White novel. After writing the novel in 1938, White later expanded it to a four volume work for adults on the topic of King Arthur, The Once and Future King. Parts of that work were dramatised as the musical Camelot, which was filmed with an all-star cast in 1967.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
The Nightmare Before Christmas. It's a cute story, but the charm of the film relies mostly on the stop motion animation and unique character designs.

I'll admit the film holds more sentimental value for me than most things in my life have.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going against the vein of the thread cause I can't think of any atm, but I totally wonder what a live action

Q5valuC.jpg

by David Fincher would be like.

or

fiN9Ql8.jpg

by Christopher Nolan.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Something like Tom and Jerry, because I don't want to have to feel bad for a cute mouse and cat as they are being (realistically) mauled. It would upset the children, too.

Jun 17, 2019
Tokyo Godfathers by the guy that did Black Swan, I would be livid for that one.

Oliver and company or the Great Mouse Detective would really stick in my craw.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i would be mad if Junji Ito's Glyceride was adapted into live action, there are certain things god did not intend to be seen in photorealism

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are all ghibli movies considered off limits in your example, OP? Because there's some stuff like My Neighbors the Yamadas that could work well in live action.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Into the Spiderverse getting turned into a live action film would really piss me off lol. I know you will strip away and fail to replicate the unique look and all the magic so don't you even think of it Sony.

Kaede

Dec 27, 2017
Akira. No amount of money is going to do the original justice and it simply doesn't need to be remade.

Also it's fine to be 'mad' about your favourite films being remade as bland cash cows on an internet message board for 2 mins.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
None, cause why would I care? Unless they come rip my memories and my old copies away, why would it bother me.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I don't think I've ever seen an animated film where I thought "this would be improved by making it live action."

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
I immediately though Nightmare Before Christmas when I saw the title. I also say Ducktales.

I would confidently bet that I will see both of those in my lifetime.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I am gonna go the opposite of what the OP is asking and say that Titan A.E. would be cool as a live action remake.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
Song of the South... For very the obvious and the sheer wtf???

... Serious answer: Land Before Time. The squirrels I can and have ignored, the second being an exception due to cousins. But... I just don't see it working. Unless they go like crazy.

No no. Let's not. Please. Lion King already broke me tonight.

Bonus: Peter Pan, if we assume they kept in "What makes the Red man, red?" Holy goodness...
(I am aware of the other live-action tellings. But I mean a shot for shot that somehow, includes that)

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I'm going against the vein of the thread cause I can't think of any atm, but I totally wonder what a live action

Q5valuC.jpg

by David Fincher would be like.

or

fiN9Ql8.jpg

by Christopher Nolan.
Perfect Blue by Fincher would be great.

There was a Girl Who Leapt Through Time live-action film. Maybe even more than just one.
I imported a dvd of it but never watched it. Now I don't even know where it is, lol.

Fafalada

Oct 27, 2017

That's just bad CG though - at no point does it resemble live action, it's like they tried recreating original animated designs but never quite got it right.

i would be mad if Junji Ito's Glyceride was adapted into live action, there are certain things god did not intend to be seen in photorealism
I'm not sure 'mad' would be the thing we'd all be feeling seeing that in live-action.
Also given that Uzumaki went all the way with visuals and Tomie got like 5 movies it's not impossible it could happen...