• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017

In the quixotic battle against old age, some people use skin care and spin class.

That's not enough for Emile Ratelband, a 69-year-old who feels like he's in his 40s. The Dutch pensioner is asking a court in his hometown of Arnhem, southeast of Amsterdam, to change his birth certificate so that it says he took his first breath on March 11, 1969, rather than on March 11, 1949. The judges heard his case on Monday and promised they would render a verdict in the next several weeks.

Ratelband sees his request as no different from a petition to change his name or the gender he was assigned at birth — and isn't bothered that this comparison might offend transgender people, whose medical needs have been recognized by the American Medical Association. It comes down to free will, he maintains.

"Because nowadays, in Europe and in the United States, we are free people," he said in an interview with The Washington Post. "We can make our own decisions if we want to change our name, or if we want to change our gender. So I want to change my age. My feeling about my body and about my mind is that I'm about 40 or 45."

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure thing buddy, jokes on you now, you just lost your senior discount at dennys and are 16 years away from retirement age hahahaha

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure. Let him be someone who aged badly. That's much better than just being your age.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
C604TeFV0AA3NBX.jpg

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao why did the Washington Post even entertain this nonsense? I guess I'm 22 and single with no kids and am about to holla at a Court clerk.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
That's a terrible argument. He should instead claim that time is a human construct and as a human (supposedly) he can be whatever age he wants in whatever metrics or system he so chooses.

leenbzoold

Apr 5, 2018
Fluid age is already widely accepted since someone who mentally feels like a 5 year old is president of the US.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Moron doing a stunt specifically to target transgender people.

Congrats on trying to take away your own social security by bringing yourself under retirement age I guess.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
If age is fluid, surely history is too. World War I just ended yesterday, let's welcome home the Dough Boys!

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
BBC running this story today as well.

Giving these folk attention just trivialises real issues so fuck him , the WaPo and the BBC

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So is it okay for me to say I hate this sort of shit? The worst part is the unprecedented freedom line considering the rise of Facism and the assault on the trans community. And not just bully Trump there is thread right now about Transphobia in the UK that's quite eye opening.

But yeah fuck him.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like a guy that would say "I identify as an attack helicopter"

...in fact that's kind of pretty much what he's saying, huh

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
So is that his sincerely held belief or is this an "I identify as an attack helicopter" kind of thing?

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's one rough-looking 49yo.

Anyway, you can't change the number of years since you were born. The epitome of false equivalency (Trump would be proud).

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you add up daylight savings time, and if are you the type who's job is to travel a lot on planes you are actually older.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Who the hell is this guy lol.

He is a neurolinguistic programmer. He is also a total fucking idiot.

In 2005 he praised Osama bin Laden as an enlightened thinker who's work was justified
In 2009 he called homosexuality a deviation. Later he apologized to a national organisation for homosexuals and even became a member of it.

With him you are never sure if he is a huge troll or a intolerant prick. Probably both though.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
After the article broke, LGBT Supreme Kai Sarah Connick was reported to have ranted in frustration about Emile.
"He got us" Connick said about Emile's 4D chess move. "That ******* Emile boomed us."
Connick added, "He's so good," repeating it four times.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
People in here seem to be thinking the guy is serious. This guy is just trying to discredit trans people in the same way as those comments like "I identify as an attack helicopter" he is entirely not serious and also a piece of shit

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
This pathetic transphobic homophobic Osama-bin-Laden-praising attention-seeking clown does not deserve any attention from anyone anywhere. Shame on all the media outlets that are reporting on this clown and his latest publicity stunt as if it's anything more than him being a transphobic asshole.

Last edited:

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
People in here seem to be thinking the guy is serious. This guy is just trying to discredit trans people in the same way as those comments like "I identify as an attack helicopter" he is entirely not serious and also a piece of shit

Exactly. This dude is just trolling. What does he think will happen? Like, trans people around the world are going to be like "You got us with your inescapable logic! Mr. Stark I don't feel so good......."