• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a while, but I got the most BEs out of that lecture building in the nightmare frontier area... once you warp in and run down the hall a bit, first big classroom on the right. With the BE-boosting enhancements, I don't think there was any faster way to farm 'em in the game, but I could be wrong.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't have much time to play last night. I did some exploring of the basement at the cathedral tower/ward - where you have to drop down to the bottom and discovered a small new area, nothing major.

This lead me to the cathedral again and
Eileen the Crow Hunter was there....I was totally just running to the lamp to go back to the dream and I saw her standing near the lamp and was like crap.....took a deep breath and then went into battle - I was supposed to battle her right? It ended up being pretty fun sub-boss.

I went back to the cathedral in Unseen village and took out some Hunters which was tough. I never fought the boss at this location before Rom, so I can still do that now right?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
It's been a while, but I got the most BEs out of that lecture building in the nightmare frontier area... once you warp in and run down the hall a bit, first big classroom on the right. With the BE-boosting enhancements, I don't think there was any faster way to farm 'em in the game, but I could be wrong.
I found that spot pretty good when I was arcane. If you pull them through the door they line up beautifully, and you can kill them all with Tiny Tonitrus.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, I finished one of the ending, but...
Gehrman killed me to wake up from the dream.

But I want to fight Gehrman and Moon Presence without going through a new playthrough. If I did the save file trick and I'm on the part where I can go fight Gehrman, but I ran out of money and Blood vials, should I go fight a bunch of bosses all over again and stock up for him?

Or should I play NG+ and do everything over?
If you want Blood Vials farm Blood Echos at
Mergo's Loft Middle
and buy them.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I found that spot pretty good when I was arcane. If you pull them through the door they line up beautifully, and you can kill them all with Tiny Tonitrus.
Yep, I did the axe spin-to-win. There was usually a straggler or two inside, but it was fun to just destroy 'em all in a swing or two. Sometimes they'd get one of their extended lunges in to hit me through a wall, but for the most part, it was pretty foolproof. :)

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't have much time to play last night. I did some exploring of the basement at the cathedral tower/ward - where you have to drop down to the bottom and discovered a small new area, nothing major.

This lead me to the cathedral again and
Eileen the Crow Hunter was there....I was totally just running to the lamp to go back to the dream and I saw her standing near the lamp and was like crap.....took a deep breath and then went into battle - I was supposed to battle her right? It ended up being pretty fun sub-boss.

I went back to the cathedral in Unseen village and took out some Hunters which was tough. I never fought the boss at this location before Rom, so I can still do that now right?
What did she do to you ? Did she attack you ? Because you weren't supposed to attack her. She was about to help you actually. :P

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
Use the lantern before Mergo's Wet Nurse's room. You can sprint through, the pigs will chase you, and then the dudes will attack the pigs and you can clean up the survivors.

You'll get some vials this way, and can buy loads more with all the echoes.

I think it's the best farming spot in the game, outside of the later chalice dungeons.

Do you get blood echoes if they kill each other?

Forbidden Woods. At the lamp, turnaround and go back up the hill. Kill the first 2 enemies and then there is one of those big armored guys at the top of the hill. Just those 3 enemies may net 6 vials and 5000+echos.

Then go back to the lamp and kill the 2 enemies near the bridge. Then take the first right and kill the enemy that is on the ledge above where the first pack of enemies is. Drop down behind the dogs and the ones that throw bottles at you and kill them and that first pack of enemies.

You can go a bit further, but just this run could net 10 dropped vials and 15-20K echoes I think. I think the first time I did this I ended up with 30+ vials in under 10 min.

Ah, I forgot about that place. I used to have 3-4 farming spots every time I got in a sticky situation

Great Izs Chalice Level 3 gets you 100k in a minute by killing those Celestial Emissary looking aliens

Otherwise, the pigs in Mergo's Loft Mid Lantern

Ugh, I remember that Level 3 like it was yesterday. I got overthrown by the whole horde that came out when I went to the middle of the room.
A
If you want Blood Vials farm Blood Echos at
Mergo's Loft Middle
and buy them.

I once picked up 30-50k alone on some areas. Might have to learn how to parry along the way.

I always used Lecture Building, as it was always easy and stress free.

The area just before Nightmare Frontier?

wolfshirt

Oct 28, 2017
Los Angeles
Decided to boot up some Bloodborne after getting sidetracked with some of the heavy hitters of last year.

Totally forgot where I was (and how to play lmfao), but after fighting tooth and nail through this slightly familiar and haunted library I found my sea legs again.

I'm feeling good, parrying fools, honestly failing to recollect why I would even stop playing.

I then traversed the nightmare fog and met my old friend: Martyr Logarius.

Fuck this game.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
Decided to boot up some Bloodborne after getting sidetracked with some of the heavy hitters of last year.

Totally forgot where I was (and how to play lmfao), but after fighting tooth and nail through this slightly familiar and haunted library I found my sea legs again.

I'm feeling good, parrying fools, honestly failing to recollect why I would even stop playing.

Fuck this game.

He's not that hard. Just annoying but he's pretty predictable. Also how long did it take you to re-familiarize yourself with the game? Debating on picking it back up

You do. You get blood echoes if any enemy dies anywhere.

I forgot about that, thanks.

If you fail her quest she turns into a Mad Hunter, you fight her instead of the Cainhursts Crow

Is that a good thing or bad thing?

Dec 6, 2017
US

Fuck this game.

He's got a some good parry windows if you want to go for that.

wolfshirt

Oct 28, 2017
Los Angeles
He's not that hard. Just annoying but he's pretty predictable. Also how long did it take you to re-familiarize yourself with the game? Debating on picking it back up

Hmm. Having major trouble just staying alive after he powers up for phase 2. I'll definitely get back to it tonight.

To answer your question: I felt like I was back on the hunt after just a few silly deaths lol.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Okay...so I guess I'm too strong, or maybe I'm in a low level are, just defeated the witch of something, and it was super easy.

Great music though, and the creatures walking slowly towards me was creepy.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

I forgot about that, thanks.

Is that a good thing or bad thing?
It's bad in that you failed poor Eileen and I think it possibly means you missed a item or 2 depending on where you failed the quest, so no 1 playthrough Platinum. But you avoid fighting by far (imo) the hardest enemy in the base game, the Cainhursts Crow doesn't mess about.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
What did she do to you ? Did she attack you ? Because you weren't supposed to attack her. She was about to help you actually. :P

Yeah, she attacked me.....I think. I actually recorded the battle but didn't watch back. Will go back and check. I did a little research and I think I missed a subplot. Oh well, something to do for my next run. I did talk to her earlier in my run, but I don't think I ever went back to Tomb of Oedon.

Last edited:

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
or maybe I'm in a low level are, just defeated the witch of something, and it was super easy.

I loved the path and enemies that led to that boss, but the boss is super easy and if you did her after Shadow of Yarnam maybe even easier. I think its supposed to be more of a puzzle-type boss, but its not a very difficult puzzle. Thing is, they could have made that super harder if they wanted to.

Maybe don't read this one Wispmetas:

Maybe Rom is the hard version of that boss. That is, boss generates minions, casts magic at you from distance, and easy to hit but keeps disappearing and moving on you as you work around minions to get to her.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I did beat that boss. Trying to do my first run solo. I will keep you in mind for NG+ or if I get truly stuck on DLC. Will probably do more co-op next time through.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
OKAY HOLY CRAP!

So i saved this guy in the forbidden woods area, and i come to cathedral ward and everyone is being killed off one by one....turns out he was the only one left alive, I decide "man fuck this guys, he is the one that's killing everyone!" so I hit him...he doesnt die, I hit him again, and again and again, and then he turns into a giant eletric beast or some shit and proceeds to wreck me...

wow.

EDIT: Got my revenge. Made me feel bad for killing him in the end for some reason. This and the hunter on top of the tower are trying to make me feel bad for killing beasts.

Last edited:

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
OKAY HOLY CRAP!

So i saved this guy in the forbidden woods area, and i come to cathedral ward and everyone is being killed off one by one....turns out he was the only one left alive, I decide "man fuck this guys, he is the one that's killing everyone!" so I hit him...he doesnt die, I hit him again, and again and again, and then he turns into a giant eletric beast or some shit and proceeds to wreck me...

wow.

EDIT: Got my revenge. Made me feel bad for killing him in the end for some reason. This and the hunter on top of the tower are trying to make me feel bad for killing beasts.

Hmmmm.....I didn't read all of that spoiler. But I noticed someone dead there last night when I stopped by....

Dante_727

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
OKAY HOLY CRAP!

wow.

I accidentally attacked that guy when I met him so couldnt "save" him. Nice to know what happens if i had saved him

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
OKAY HOLY CRAP!

wow.

You were supposed to save him for an item or something. I can't remember since it's been 2-3 I did that.

Hmm. Having major trouble just staying alive after he powers up for phase 2. I'll definitely get back to it tonight.

To answer your question: I felt like I was back on the hunt after just a few silly deaths lol.

Lmao I guess the readjustment shouldn't be too long then

It's bad in that you failed poor Eileen and I think it possibly means you missed a item or 2 depending on where you failed the quest, so no 1 playthrough Platinum. But you avoid fighting by far (imo) the hardest enemy in the base game, the Cainhursts Crow doesn't mess about.

You mean her weapons/outfit? I picked those up

Should I still try to fight Gehrman after I pick up some blood vials? I kinda want to get the endings done first, then run through the Chalice Dungeons.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Should I still try to fight Gehrman after I pick up some blood vials? I kinda want to get the endings done first, then run through the Chalice Dungeons.

Just use the PS+ plus save upload / USB stick save copy trick to get all the endings and then revert back to the position before you fight him. Chalice is the only part of the game unaffected by new game cycles, if you don't know.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
I accidentally attacked that guy when I met him so couldnt "save" him. Nice to know what happens if i had saved him

OKAY HOLY CRAP!

wow.

Hmmmm.....I didn't read all of that spoiler. But I noticed someone dead there last night when I stopped by....

Lol I mean sheesh people, didn't you notice what he's doing when you first met him? And you think such a character can be trusted? Hahaha.

There is a certain pain free method that I always use when dealing with him. You got his item, you don't need to do anything, you just need to send him... somewhere, and let someone even nastier to deal with him, hehe.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I agree with laughing banana on that one. The easy way to deal with him

is to send him to the clinic not the chapel.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
You were supposed to save him for an item or something. I can't remember since it's been 2-3 I did that.

Lmao I guess the readjustment shouldn't be too long then

You mean her weapons/outfit? I picked those up

I think there's a badge you can miss if you don't complete the quest.
see if you have the Crow Hunter Badge, if you do you're good, it let's you buy her gear in the shop.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
see if you have the Crow Hunter Badge, if you do you're good, it let's you buy her gear in the shop.

Nah, getting the badge does not necessitate you actually completing her quest.

What you're missing if you do not complete her quest is the Oath Rune (and an emote if you miss her at the beginning in Yharnam)

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Use the lantern before Mergo's Wet Nurse's room. You can sprint through, the pigs will chase you, and then the dudes will attack the pigs and you can clean up the survivors.

You'll get some vials this way, and can buy loads more with all the echoes.

I think it's the best farming spot in the game, outside of the later chalice dungeons.
Forbidden Woods. At the lamp, turnaround and go back up the hill. Kill the first 2 enemies and then there is one of those big armored guys at the top of the hill. Just those 3 enemies may net 6 vials and 5000+echos.

Then go back to the lamp and kill the 2 enemies near the bridge. Then take the first right and kill the enemy that is on the ledge above where the first pack of enemies is. Drop down behind the dogs and the ones that throw bottles at you and kill them and that first pack of enemies.

You can go a bit further, but just this run could net 10 dropped vials and 15-20K echoes I think. I think the first time I did this I ended up with 30+ vials in under 10 min.

The above-mentioned route in Guppeth's post will give you ~100k Echoes with three Moon runes equipped, ~300k on NG+, and it only takes 3-4 minutes. There's really no need to farm Vials. Just use the spare Echoes from levelling up to stock them. I've got nearly the maximum 600 in my inventory, after playing through the game 2½ times with one character, and completing all the Chalice dungeons.

EDIT: If you haven't reached that area yet, the second best place is the lower floor of the
Nightmare Lecture Building.
It's best to use Bold Hunter's Mark to return to the lantern, and reset the enemies, in both locations to speed up the process.

Last edited:

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
Just use the PS+ plus save upload / USB stick save copy trick to get all the endings and then revert back to the position before you fight him. Chalice is the only part of the game unaffected by new game cycles, if you don't know.

I did that already, but I need to see if I can find my USB Drive with that save since I got stuck somewhere in the Chalice Dungeons

Yeah, I agree with laughing banana on that one. The easy way to deal with him

is to send him to the clinic not the chapel.

Lmao I forgot it was the clinic. I think I sent him there too. I hated that
girl that you fight in that area. If you sent him to the chapel, doesn't he attack only when you make progress in the game? He killed the old lady in my playthrough, but I stopped him before he got to the blonde chick when she got pregnant and I got the umbilical cord from her child.

I picked that up and the Oath Rune too.
Wait till you get to Rom. He'll make you want to rip your hair out.

Nah, he's not annoying at all.
Tonitrus kills himself pretty quickly. I killed him RIGHT before I died from his annoying horde.

The above-mentioned route in Guppeth's post will give you ~100k Echoes with three Moon runes equipped, ~300k on NG+, and it only takes 3-4 minutes. There's really no need to farm Vials. Just use the spare Echoes from levelling up to stock them. I've got nearly the maximum 600 in my inventory, after playing through the game 2½ times with one character, and completing all the Chalice dungeons.

EDIT: If you haven't reached that area yet, the second best place is the lower floor of the
Nightmare Lecture Building.

It's best to use Bold Hunter's Mark to return to the lantern, and reset the enemies, in both locations to speed up the process.

Thanks.

Guys, I'm going to play Bloodborne later today, but I'm running through the Chalice Dungeons first to take care of "that person", then the final endings since I'll be overleveled and have every trophy except for a few. But I'm going to reload my old save right before I completed one of the endings

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I have a complete newb question. When creating your character they ask you to pick a personality. Which is the best one to go with?
Military Veteran. It doesn't matter too much though.

I'd say, that Lone Survivor is better for newbies, as it gives most Vitality.

You can find the attributes of all classes here:
https://www.mandatory.com/culture/8...your-starting-class-and-weapons-in-bloodborne

I found this starting build guide to be useful when I started:
https://www.mandatory.com/culture/8...build-bloodborne-origin-class-skill-effective

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's a good place to farm blood echoes/vials?
The later chalic dungeons feature floors where you can net 70,000 easy in three to five minutes of slaying. Lower Pthumerian Labyrinth, Ailing Loran, Lower Loran, especially with modifiers on.

I remember there's a second and third floor combo in a few of those that's like 130,000 echos in under ten minutes. Any time I was having trouble with a boss I'd jump in there for half an hour and level up thrice.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay...so I guess I'm too strong, or maybe I'm in a low level are, just defeated the witch of something, and it was super easy.

I loved the path and enemies that led to that boss, but the boss is super easy and if you did her after Shadow of Yarnam maybe even easier. I think its supposed to be more of a puzzle-type boss, but its not a very difficult puzzle. Thing is, they could have made that super harder if they wanted to.

Maybe don't read this one Wispmetas:

Maybe Rom is the hard version of that boss. That is, boss generates minions, casts magic at you from distance, and easy to hit but keeps disappearing and moving on you as you work around minions to get to her.
You guys have to keep in mind that that boss was available right after Vicar Amelia. Doing it right after that can pose some challenge actually.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Thank you. Very much appreciated. I'm really getting into the game.

Threaded Cane is not to everyone's taste, as it starts weaker than strength weapons, but it makes up for it with versatility, reach, and crowd control. The whip mode also grants +20% damage against beasts, like Saw Cleaver and other serrated weapons. Not to mention, that it's a bloody stylish weapon to use. ;)

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Rom? I just went in with 2 Old Hunters and they got slaughtered from that arcane attacks. How do I beat him?
He's real sensitive to bolt/electric damage and always hit him from the side as he's shielded in the face. So use bolt paper, but that can be in short supply so I would probably do some runs and make sure you can get him down to 1/3 health before attempting that. Alternatively the Tonitrus can be used and is really effective if you upgrade it. My strategy was to kill the first set of spider minions, you can take your time because he won't attack you. Then do as much damage as you can can with electric weapon and you can still hit him when he is transporting - in fact I think he takes extra damage there so don't stop hitting him and make sure you save stamina to get late licks in.

From this point forward I would just try to run around the spider minions. Its more risky to get hit by his arcane stuff while you are trying to take them out then just running around him. Keep your eye on Rom and if he sits up that means projectiles from the sky are coming. Dodge roll these, but the key is to try and dodge them in a way that closes the distance to Rom. I would dodge away from Rom on first roll and then start rolling diagonally towards him. There is a really narrow window between arcane attacks so you want to try and close the distance. When you go in to hit his sides between arcane attacks don't get greedy. Get a couple shots in and then get away for a while When he rolls over on his back that means floor projectiles are coming around him, so get away. You can get killed by being greedy for hits because that one happens fast.

So really after the first teleport its really just about avoiding the spiders, and arcane damage, and getting a few hits in when you can. If you have the Tonitrus or bolt paper it makes the fight easier because he damages more rapidly to bolt. A +6 Tonitrus if all else fails.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Updates on my progress:

- Went back and beat Darkbeast Pearl - never did it the first time I was in the prison (a little too easy bc I'm probably overpowered for him now)
- Beat the One Reborn - pretty fun, similar to Amygdala in some ways.
- Conquered Cainhurst and swore an allegiance - really enjoyed the boss here, got him 3rd attempt
- Found
Old Hunter's Dream location
- Unlocked the upper cathederal ward - this is where I left off.