• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I let them rip. But mine are so embarrassingly loud.... I try to do them as quiet as possible but it's almost impossible.

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always sneeze with a hidden curse. Usually referring to God in a damning way.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This Is also strangely common with fútbol fans that yell like asshole during the whole gane.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
I never ever held back a sneeze, because they're extremely loud and forceful, would probably break something doing that.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
my mother does this all the time. I tell her not to do it because it can be dangerous -.-" here is proof.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
I hold them in sometimes but this dude straight up pinches his nose. I'd probably blow out my eardrum if I did that. The pressure has to release somewhere.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just let it go, funnily enough for a small guy (tom cruise height) my sneeze is insanely loud lol.

Anyway damn so there is something that can happen after all when holding in, my favorite myth was the poppin eyes out one.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Don't fucking hold in your sneezes. No one's going to berate you for sneezing, everyone has to sneeze sometimes, we've all been there.

if it goes out of hand, leave the room temporarily, but don't fucking hold in your sneezes.

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hold them in sometimes but this dude straight up pinches his nose. I'd probably blow out my eardrum if I did that. The pressure has to release somewhere.
Yes, that was way too much.
You can hold your sneeze to a certain level even if you're a loud sneezer, but pinching your nose is just not what I would think of considering the pressure has to go somewhere...

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
It finally happened. I've always wondered if there was any physical danger to holding in a sneeze and now we know. I've always let mine go full force because it feels great which is fine as long as you cover your month unlike those....those monsters who don't.

Ampersands

Oct 25, 2017
Sneezing away from people (into arm or tissue) always seemed to be the more polite way to handle a sneeze. Sneezes are violent and restraining them takes visible effort. It would make me unconfortable to see someone putting in that much effort just to try to hide something involuntary.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
If I don't want to sneeze, when I feel one coming on, I exhale all the air in my lungs and cover my mouth and nose for a few seconds. Can't sneeze without a breath. I refuse to stop this behavior.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I sneeze I FUCKING SNEEZE. I am one of those loud sneezer types, when I do my bussiness I startle everyone around me but after hearing so many horror stories regarding holding sneeze, you bet your sweet ass I am going in hard.
This is my buddy when he sneezes it sounds like he is just yelling loudly lol.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda hold my sneezes in all my life but not to the extent where I pinch my nose and do it. I never block my nose. The way I do it is is just not open my mouth so it kinda sounds like a little squeak or rat through my nose. Is this still ok? I don't block my nose or anything and air must come out of my nostrils.

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now this guy's gonna be a hazard to everyone around him because he won't know how to sneeze properly when around people.

ViviOggi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no no no no fuck that. Thankfully sneezing feels great so I've never been one to hold them in.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The secret to public sneezing is to first gain a lot of weight (like 100-200 additional pounds), wait until you reach an age where your skin has lost some elasticity, rapidly lose the weight, and now you have a natural skin sleeve around your neck you can raise and lower as a sneeze guard as needed.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I've always held mine in, but not by pinching my nose. I just close my mouth and I guess press my tongue to the top of my mouth. Any who, the sneeze is stifled with almost zero noise.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda hold my sneezes in all my life but not to the extent where I pinch my nose and do it. I never block my nose. The way I do it is is just not open my mouth so it kinda sounds like a little squeak or rat through my nose. Is this still ok? I don't block my nose or anything and air must come out of my nostrils.

Yeah, that's my method.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I've held some before while at work to avoid making noise. But after reading this, I'll just sneeze and not give a damn.

hockeypuck

Oct 29, 2017
The free article on casereports.bmj.com is an interesting read. Apparently blocking sneezes have also led to rupture of cerebral aneurysms. Don't block the nostrils.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I'm prone to long series of explosive sneezes. Typically I'll get five or six in a row. I cover my mouth and nose but can't risk blocking the passage of air. Each sneeze is preceded by a deep spasm of inward breath. I try to avoid the risk of accidentally breathing in small objects on the inward breath. It's terrifying for me, so it must be pretty scary to witness. Fortunately I've never been tempted to block a sneeze. The effects would probably be life threatening.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I usually hold them because I hate sneezing all over the place...

So, this is not fun to read.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was shocked when I moved to Bulgaria and realized that almost all women hold in their sneezes. I asked why, to which most replied "Because it's not polite or elegant".

I told my boss who did this about my mother getting whiplash from holding in a sneeze. Ever since she's been making loud sneezes. Makes me happy every time :D

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I blew out my sinus when I got my wisdom teeth removed because I held in a sneee