• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
...and they totally adopt his cute ass and make him part of their fuzzy family.

This is how a partially paralyzed dog found solace in his senior years with two VERY GOOD BOYS.

The coordinator knew that this canine, homeless again at 15 because his owner had to be hospitalized, needed a loving home and a healing touch.

BBLk2SF.img

After surviving treatment and surgery, Tito moved into the animal lover's home, which she shares with two similar-looking pit bull rescue dogs named Frank and Piper, known on Instagram as the @theyinyang_twins.

BBLk2SV.img

Even though Tito is only 6 lbs., 70-lb. Frank had no trouble getting on the little dog's level and providing the senior with the healing friendship he desperately needed.

Moments after meeting, the pair became inseparable and can almost always be found snuggling, if they aren't on walks together. For their regular strolls, Tito, who cannot walk on his own, hangs out in the pocket of Frank's vest.

BBLkcmt.img

Back at home, Tito and Frank are constantly keeping tabs on each other. Frank often gets Helfer's attention when Tito seems uncomfortable, and the Chihuahua looks after the pit bull by licking his large paws.

BBLk2T2.img

Source:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...ion-for-senior-paralyzed-chihuahua/ar-BBLkcmE

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a link? And possibly pictures involved because that sounds adorable and I need to know more

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty cool story. Glad the ol' pup gets to live out his final years with a couple pals living the good life.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Aww, precious babies. Always loved pitts. Never really like chihuahuas or other small dogs all that much, but my step dad got one about 12 years back and while he could be an asshole, he's become so endearing to me. He's gotten to be an old man and I can't help but spoil him like crazy. Now whenever I see older chihuahuas my heart melts.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They look crossed, I thought most pitties were stubbier and a bit more round in the face.

Not surprised though, by staffordshire is an absolute dream with the little pugs next door and the malamutes that he met in the park last week. Treat them with care and discipline and they're fantastic dogs.

Oct 25, 2017
Louisville, Kentucky
What could possibly go wrong?
Nice to see it only took a couple of posts to get to the pit bull fearmongering.

Here, let me save us the rest of this conversation. A bunch of people point out that aggression in dogs is well understood to be primarily due to poor socialization or mistreatment, we hear the usual false bs about pit bulls having locking jaws or exceptional bite force, somebody points out that pits make up a large percentage of dog attacks, others explain how the raw data is misleading when people often seek the breed out to make them "tough" dogs, anecdotes fly, somebody talks about how socialization doesn't matter because dogs can just snap ignoring how many stories there are of labradors doing the same thing, people fail to recognize how both breed popularity and perception play into data and media coverage, and then it all goes nowhere

Cool now we can not do any of that bullshit because these two good boys are taking care of a crusty sweet old grampa chihuahua

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see it only took a couple of posts to get to the pit bull fearmongering.

Here, let me save us the rest of this conversation. A bunch of people point out that aggression in dogs is well understood to be primarily due to poor socialization or mistreatment, we hear the usual false bs about pit bulls having locking jaws or exceptional bite force, somebody points out that pits make up a large percentage of dog attacks, others explain how the raw data is misleading when people often seek the breed out to make them "tough" dogs, anecdotes fly, somebody talks about how socialization doesn't matter because dogs can just snap ignoring how many stories there are of labradors doing the same thing, people fail to recognize how both breed popularity and perception play into data and media coverage, and then it all goes nowhere

Cool now we can not do any of that bullshit because these two good boys are taking care of a crusty sweet old grampa chihuahua

Thanks, this was a real timesaver. Only missing ransom pissy cat person comments.

Oct 26, 2017
I have a English Stafford, she has a American father and English mother but on her passport it says English Stafford. She's now 8 months, I have her since March this year and she's just amazing.

When she sees other dogs outside, most of the time chihuahuas that bark at her and what not, she just walks by, lies down in the grass and starts chewing on a stick. High Risk dogs my ass, just treat and raise them right. It's such a shame what the wrong kind of people do to their image really.

Oct 26, 2017
They look crossed, I thought most pitties were stubbier and a bit more round in the face.

Not surprised though, by staffordshire is an absolute dream with the little pugs next door and the malamutes that he met in the park last week. Treat them with care and discipline and they're fantastic dogs.

Yeah it's a fantastic breed and oh so loyal too. Outside she sees a friend in everyone which yes, can be a bit annoying but then again she's young. Loves every other dog, cat, goose, ducks and so on.

When I go to the kitchen for the dishes or to make food she comes over there and lies next to my feet, I love her.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I go to the kitchen for the dishes or to make food she comes over there and lies next to my feet, I love her.

Awwwww that's adorable. My boy is the same, except he just drools until I leave because he thinks food is there. I can feed him double what the vet diet specifies and he'd still be hungry lol. When I adopted him at 5, he was so obese that his skin covered his eyes and his stomach dragged, I think his previous owner neglected him quite a lot.

He's better now though, even at 12!

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

You forgot about the people calling for the extermination of the breed.

Now we can continue.

Pit mixes can be some of the most adorable dogs on the planet. This is a great story.

Oct 26, 2017
Awwwww that's adorable. My boy is the same, except he just drools until I leave because he thinks food is there. I can feed him double what the vet diet specifies and he'd still be hungry lol. When I adopted him at 5, he was so obese that his skin covered his eyes and his stomach dragged, I think his previous owner neglected him quite a lot.

He's better now though, even at 12!

He looks awesome :)

Lara is like the opposite and she's a difficult eater. In the beginning she loved dry food and now she's bored of it, one day she loves a certain kind of wet food and the next she walks away from it all day. Today as well, she barely eats a thing in the morning and later in the day, evening even she starts to eat. I guess that's what they call a selective eater? Not sure, haha. Here she is

img_20180726_115110iefmg.jpg

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
You rarely hear the positive stories about Pits here. This is what cared for dogs look like and not the many that are abused and neglected and eventually end up hurting someone. These are the dogs that represent MOST of the breed.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

thanks for posting this.

Feb 3, 2018

Yeah I remember growing up my neighbor had a pitbull he was the nicest dog in the world always happy always wagged his tail when he saw me, I even walked him several times.