• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Out of boredom I've compiled every (I think) background containing a bed from Final Fantasy VII. Not everywhere you can sleep, just beds. If you want to give this thread a pity-reply, which is your favourite
0pGGQQ2.png
?

Beds of Midgar, various Sectors. Features memorable beds such as Aerith's and 'this guy are sick' man's clone bed. Also contains Johnny's room which is one of my favourite 'maps' in the game.
BfRyDo8.png

9udGbLb.png

ogxOa9S.png

YYKj9i4.png

M8LN6T7.png

Beds of Midgar, Wall Market.
MfNAbxl.png

COQ5rnr.png

uhhBbEr.png

g544uEA.png

Beds of Midgar, Shinra Headquarters. Not so comfy. e: 64th floor beds were forgotten, shoutouts to Chocobo Blade & floridaguy954
4ySQpl9.png

zMG71XO.png

Beds of Kalm.
ETeyUSE.png

gel60G8.png

bbesL1Z.png

YR1Lk9i.jpg

rnIWU5V.png

Beds of Chocobo Ranch. Well lit, and possibly containing chocobo down feather comforters.
ZUdqUHA.png

Beds of Fort Condor. One of a limited group of beds that can become inaccessible in the game! Enjoy this bed while you can.
D9P7Ncy.png

Beds of Lower Junon. The bunk bed is where both Priscilla and the Shiva Materia orb sleep.
oVNUyj4.png

bVcSjFs.png

Beds of Upper Junon. Many beds, but not comfy at all. They look like rough dorm utility rooms for soldiers or shop employees.
gZiwWsR.png

E8kr8ji.png

WtiiBEQ.png

KKUYwdI.png

vkbRzcq.png

Beds of Costa del Sol. Some of these beds can be yours for 300,000 gil.
Y2HrU3X.png

rmnexzs.png

GrvRECQ.png

Beds of North Corel.
LVJR5ay.png

Beds of Gold Saucer. 3 single beds in the ghost hotel. sp00ky.
0PhJnlq.png

Beds of Cosmo Canyon. Bugenhagen has a comfortable setup.
vKJLdZV.png

c9Q82kz.png

Beds of Gongaga.
k8pfXnz.png

Beds of Nibelheim.
j9I6VU3.png

MVvT5ZD.png

YCVrTZ8.png

Beds of Nibelheim, Shinra Mansion.
qBabZlx.png

yVsget6.png

Beds of Rocket Town. Why does Rocket Town have so many beds?
b1aJWpj.png

6UatbU6.png

5GsdvzS.png

Vvqdd2U.png

7SrAu9v.png

Beds of Icicle Inn.
Ma6WvGk.png

jlfeksm.png

O4kPfsu.png

Beds of Wutai
w0c5bGK.png

Xn1HTyg.png

hUy08eV.png

Beds of City of the Ancients.
o7nGoKg.png

go2Ctfl.png

Beds of Mideel.
ZDgQ0kP.png

daQAWD8.png

BV5OLLC.png

Miscellaneous Beds.
kUmdwar.png

RVpmIgP.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
i don't even have an intense nostalgia for ffvii (i'm an ffviii guy), but this is easily the best gaming-side thread so far this year

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
This isn't as bad as that guy who reached level 99 fighting only Shinra soldiers in the opening area, but uhhh... yeah.
That guy spent like triple digit hours and I did this while having my evening coffee! My thread is sadlife but not that sadlife.

Monthly I think of excuses to talk about PS1 era prerendered backgrounds.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca

It was just some Gaf thread from years ago. The person who did it wasn't part of the community as far as I know. No idea who he was.

That guy spent like triple digit hours and I did this while having my evening coffee! My thread is sadlife but not that sadlife.

Monthly I think of excuses to talk about PS1 era prerendered backgrounds.

To be fair, PS1-era prerendered backgrounds are amazing and I still love them to this day. So much more interesting than the open-world fields that define this generation.

Oct 30, 2017
Ahhhhh the feelings are rushing back with this pictures... makes me wanna start a walkthrough right now!!

Thanks for this thread it made my day :"-)

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's actually pretty awesome. Who knew so much effort went into the beds.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I have little to add to this topic but I appreciate the opportunity to look at all that wonderful pre rendered art again.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
To be fair, PS1-era prerendered backgrounds are amazing and I still love them to this day. So much more interesting than the open-world fields that define this generation.

Another bonus is that they often had clean layout drawings made for modeling reference.

Though I suppose it is fun to imagine some of the environments of modern RPGs as fixed-camera prerendered backdrops, since it's not a stretch to extrapolated what they'd look like from pieces of concept art.
But sometimes you also have to be reminded of how much time and effort goes into the beds, tables, utensils and every other small piece of setdressing in games today, even if they're not as individualized to each screen as PS1-era beds.

Last edited:

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Bugenhagen's setup is pretty comfy, my fav easily. Although the Costa room with the pool table is a close second.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i can only pass judgement on pull-out beds

i am the pull-out king, after all

Gomography

Alt-account.
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
It's the game where I've enjoyed the in-game sleeping the most. I've actuslly thought about the beds from time to time.

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017
I always loved how detailed the environments were in FFVII, especially with the more impoverish and ramshackle ones. I know it's years away, but I'll be disappointed if a lot of the details don't get translated into the remake.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
BfRyDo8.png

I vividly remember Cloud sleeping with his arms crossed under his head in this bed, and trying to do the same thing myself that night. It's not comfortable. Pillows exist for a reason.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
One of the reasons FF7R, if truly, fully realized, will be the biggest and most detailed open world game, look at the sheer amount of unique locations and rooms, probably not gonna happen.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
One of the reasons FF7R, if truly, fully realized, will be the biggest and most detailed open world game, look at the sheer amount of unique locations and rooms, probably not gonna happen.
The amount of pointless interiors in the PS1 ff games (7 in particular) is pretty high but it also feels like they were just mirroring what RPGs were doing with sprites. Like without context it seems like a poor choice, even just to add atmosphere, but when I remember how many rooms / homes were in Tales of Phantasia / Destiny that contained absolutely nothing, it's understandable.

Not sure the workload is worth it for whatever the atmospheric benefit is, but I miss them.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I always loved how detailed the environments were in FFVII, especially with the more impoverish and ramshackle ones. I know it's years away, but I'll be disappointed if a lot of the details don't get translated into the remake.
The comfiest thread on ResetEra.
I'm expecting the remake to have less beds, unfortunately.
Expecting so much stuff to be cut from the remake but I can't blame them. Do we really need that Fort Condor minigame remade lol. The original will always exist so just hoping for good modern take on what the game was. Seeing a bunch of the locations in 3D will probably be good enough for me.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
No matter how amazing the remake ends up looking on a technical level I just know I'm not going to find anything as asthetically pleasing as views like this:

o7nGoKg.png

A standard third person camera can't replicate this composition.