• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

A Crash Team Racing Remake may be announced at The Game Awards 2018 (Update: Eurogamer confirms)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazi

Oct 27, 2017
would people prefer if they add new characters/courses to the game, or just like the trilogy have this be the exact same game with upgraded visuals?
i personally hope it's the latter, they can always make a sequel with new stuff later but i prefer this to be a basic remake rather than an enhanced one.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't rebuyed crash, I had completed them already on PS1 and didnt feel the need to do it again... but CTR is another story!
Hope it's true!

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
would people prefer if they add new characters/courses to the game, or just like the trilogy have this be the exact same game with upgraded visuals?
As long as the driving is exactly the same as it was they can add whatever they want.

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
i personally hope it's the latter, they can always make a sequel with new stuff later but i prefer this to be a basic remake rather than an enhanced one.
Exact same game with some new characters and courses. A Deluxe edition if you will.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
YEEEEEESSSSSSSS! My favorite kart racer ever returns with online mp!!! Now all they have to is copy the driving feel 1:1 and we're golden. I'm honestly super excited, this is exactly what I was hoping for when I heard the trilogy sold well.

Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Hmm, if this indeed being developed by Vicarious and firmly a remake rather than more of a reboot, I wonder if that points to Acti having purchased the original game from Sony. It strikes me as unlikely (but not outside the realm of possibility) that an Acti-owned studio is working on something Acti won't actually own. Roll on a trailer with copyright info!

mazi

Oct 27, 2017
Exact same game with some new characters and courses. A Deluxe edition if you will.
they may feel like releasing a kart racer in 2019 with only 16 tracks may not be enough so they have to make more, but people will be ok with the number of tracks and characters if this is a $40 game
i hope if they add new stuff they can match the quality of the original game

Oct 26, 2017
Assuming they don't fuck up the balance. CTR is 1 of those games where I'd love them adding new characters over time, don't even have to be Crash characters. My worry would be Activision not selling them directly though.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
In what fantasy world does your CTR exist? In mine, while it was fun, it was a technical turd. It didn't target 60 and worse yet it didn't even maintain it's lower target very well, which is pivotal for any kart game. They got the most important aspect dreadfully wrong. Hopefully they do better the second time around.
And after all that it's still better than the crap that was mario kart. Just as the N64 lost incredibly hard, mario kart lost against ctr.

mazi

Oct 27, 2017
Man it just sucks that we have to hope nowadays that someone like Activision doesnt do another annoying anti consumer move with their exclusive crap mentality
what sucks even more is how many people cheer for them to make their game exclusive.

Moby

Oct 28, 2017
Massive news! Never had more fun with friends with any other kart racer. Can't put my finger on it. Was it the controls? Levels? All Mario Karts that came after never reached those heights for me & collected dust.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Only played a little of Crash, but I had a ton of fun with the single player of DKR a couple of years ago. The subtle mechanics for driving and using boosts correctly were great.

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the single player mode just as much as the multiplater on this back in the day. I remember using the multitap to play four player...so much fun. Mario Kart really could do with a fully-fledged single player mode like Crash/DKR.

Jan 6, 2018
In what fantasy world does your CTR exist? In mine, while it was fun, it was a technical turd. It didn't target 60 and worse yet it didn't even maintain it's lower target very well, which is pivotal for any kart game. They got the most important aspect dreadfully wrong. Hopefully they do better the second time around.

Hell no.
Even as a stickler for 60fps myself, this is a ridiculous statement. This video does a pretty good job of painting why CTR’s mechanics were infinitely more satisfying than MK’s

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Alright thinking about it there are 3 critical points that need to be fullfilled for my hype to stay:

1. 1:1 copy of the gameplay, or at least veeeery close to it
2. 60FPS (if it is 30, could be fixed with the PC release)
3. Simultaneous PC release. Timed console exclusivity would hurt a lot since I don't think I could resist buying it twice because I'm a sucker.

I'm assuming here that online mp is a given.

Shugga

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even as a stickler for 60fps myself, this is a ridiculous statement. This video does a pretty good job of painting why CTR’s mechanics were infinitely more satisfying than MK’s

The MTs are piss easy to execute and don't impact your driving at all.

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest this sounds more like you're describing MK64 than CTR.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
lol, that seems like something activision would like
Yeah, which is why I'm expecting them to make it a timed exclusive. I'm already doing the waiting for PC thing for Spyro because it's a sucky business practice. I really need to hold off on buying CTR if they do it there as well.

Sour

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope this hits the Switch at launch. I've always had a soft spot for CTR and remember loving it when I got it working on my PSP

Oct 27, 2017
Fans of these games are worse than vegetarians, when it comes to telling the world about their thoughts, in this case how it is the best kart racer in the world and better than every single Mario Kart, even though very few, if anyone at all, have played any of the Mario Karts. Every thread about this game is filled with "Best Kart racer ever" type of posts. Are fans of this game really that insecure about it?

pld

Oct 27, 2017
Fans of these games are worse than vegetarians, when it comes to telling the world about their thoughts, in this case how it is the best kart racer in the world and better than every single Mario Kart, even though very few, if anyone at all, have played any of the Mario Karts. Every thread about this game is filled with "Best Kart racer ever" type of posts. Are fans of this game really that insecure about it?
Yeah I am kinda irritated why people use this game for their console war bullshit or their who is owning which IP debates to make clear this is a PS4 exclusive instead of celebrating the return of such a great game without having to downplay other games in the genre or fighting for PS4 exclusivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.