• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
About the platforms, isn't CTR still a Sony property unlike crash and Spyro? So this means it's a PS4 exclusive isn't it?

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
CTR on switch fuck that sounds good.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Man, CTR on spring next year would fucking anhilate any chances of Team Sonic Racing selling well, lmao. I for sure know I'd choose Crash.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
y u punish Geoff

709.png

HYPE TRAIN ACTIVATED

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't sony own the racing game or did Activision get those rights as well?

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well thanks Eurogamer for pointlessly ruining what would have been a fun surprise for us all that was just days away from being revealed. I really fucking appreciate it. Why can't they just let something be a surprise? I don't care what people say it's a lot more fun when reveals actually go as planned rather than having some one spoil it for attention and clicks.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
After the success of Crash Remake, I was expecting this soon.

I'm expecting the same deal with N-Sane Trilogy, one year exclusivity, then releasing for everything else.

If Activision is smart, they would do this a series.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ehm, i was saying the opposite with the "lol" at the end.
Crash is Activision now, CTR might be PS exclusive for 1 year tho

There are 3 possibilities

Point 1 lifetime exclusive

Point 2 Sony is giving it the okay to be on other platforms

Point 3 Sony refuses and the remake is a lie

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Holy crap! Dream come true. Fully trust them after the crash remake :)

However how do they plan on pricing this? It's a single remastered game.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hyped. I thought maybe they'd bundle CTR remake with a proper Crash 4 but maybe Crash 4 is 2020.

I expect them to alternate years before Crash and Spyro.

I'm hyped for a CTR remake and will Buy day one. I assume it will be $40

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Well thanks Eurogamer for pointlessly ruining what would have been a fun surprise for us all that was just days away from being revealed. I really fucking appreciate it. Why can't they just let something be a surprise? I don't care what people say it's a lot more fun when reveals actually go as planned rather than having some one spoil it for attention and clicks.
I mean, Activision themselves have been sending fuzzy dice teasing the game.

Plum

May 31, 2018
The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe vs. CTR war that will inevitably come from this is going to be wild. Doubly so if this is a PS4 exclusive.

I never had CTR when I was young (only played it once or twice at a friend's house) so I don't have any nostalgic attachment to this but more actually good kart racers are always welcome.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's a multiplatform like the other remasters, this is one I'd definitely play both on the X and on the Switch if the performance and everything's good. I also want online multiplayer because ooooh boy. As it stands, on the Switch you can play one of the top 3 best kart racers ever (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe). On Xbox One through backwards compatibility you can play another one, Transformed. This is the third title of the trifecta, and soon we might be able to play it on current-gen systems, too. Awesome.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
They need to remove Penta Penguin and his broken has hell turbo. But this is great news overall!

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
For a racing game especially gotta nail those physics this time which were a bit off in the remake trilogy

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in, mostly because that game is a completely different beast that the platformers.

It'll keep my busy untill TSR arrives

I hope they lock 60fps though

Last edited:

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Oh hell yeah. Felt that this was missing from the Crash collection. Hope this isn't too pricey on its own.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Well I guess Death Stranding won't be the most interesting thing at TGA anymore! Seriously, though, holy crap! So excited!!

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I'm hard-pressed to spend more than $20 on it considering the trilogy launched at $39.99.
That's not how the value proposition looks to some people. This game is better than all three of the original Crash platformers, therefore I (as someone who didn't buy the trilogy) would pay as much as $60 for this . This is the best game Naughty Dog made for the PS1. It is worth it to a large number of people, you just may not be one of them.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Please please please be good.

Don't make it a crappy remake. Make it a good one.

And make it wacky and weird and wonderful. Like really really wacky.

Oct 25, 2017

That's not their job though. Their job is to report and investigate. Activision were the ones sending out care packages which prompted EG to do some research. They then reported it. It's not different than Geoff letting us know the price of the One X before it was officially revealed.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hard-pressed to spend more than $20 on it considering the trilogy launched at $39.99.

I can understand that. But CTR is amazing and a real solid competitor to Mario Kart. It would definitely hold up in 2019, especially with a lick of paint. I could see this launching on its own at $40, same as the trilogy. It'll need a ton of work and it should look and play amazingly.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
eurogamer didnt even break the story tho? lol youre on resetera which means you wouldve clearly seen this

OP
OP
stinkyguy666

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
For a racing game especially gotta nail those physics this time which were a bit off in the remake trilogy
Well the 4chan leak mentions that Vicarious Visions are working on this game and they made Crash Nitro Kart in the past so I'm sure they'll probably be able to nail the feel of CTR.

May 5, 2018
RIP Team Sonic Racing. CTR is being brought back from the dead to take home best cart racer of 2019.

I've never played it but I know CTR is held in high regard as argubly the best kart racer ever. Hopefully it comes out on Switch.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it's a multiplatform like the other remasters, this is one I'd definitely play both on the X and on the Switch if the performance and everything's good. I also want online multiplayer because ooooh boy. As it stands, on the Switch you can play one of the top 3 best kart racers ever (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe). On Xbox One through backwards compatibility you can play another one, Transformed. This is the third title of the trifecta, and soon we might be able to play it on current-gen systems, too. Awesome.

We're still missing, the king, Diddy Kong Racing off all of those platforms though ;)

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
for everything but switch and PC

Correct me if I'm wrong...crash bandicoot is An Activision ip, yes but crash team racing the game itself (the title, the logo, the PS1 game itself) is a Sony is, right?

That's the last I've heard about CTR and as such, this remake will most probably only PS4 only...we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.