• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
The idea of CTR with Crash Remake visuals is just... man. Something I've wanted for ages. Day one.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Can't wait to main Fake Crash :D

If it is multiplatform (plzzzz), I hope they consider crossplay, especially as on PC the playerbase probably won't be especially large.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Then they should make a complete new entry, but iam not hopeful that activision is capable of doing a great new crash game on their own.
we don't know what this is, but i'll have very low hope if it turns out it's not a remake and doesn't uses the same gameplay. nailing the feel of kart racing is pretty hard, which is why there aren't that many good ones out there. CTR was one of the few that still is fun to play. i don't have a lot of hope in them creating something great from scratch.

Also give me MK8 DLC doritos pope, karting games are awesome!
that would be awesome, tracks based on odyssey and shit. it's crazy there hasn't been any dlc yet.

The fact that Mission Mode from the DS version hasn't ever returned is a travesty
yeah, i had a lot of fun with the mission mode of DS. i hope whenever 9 comes they really put some effort into single player content.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Its amazing how CTR still holds up today. People should play it. Track design and controls are funfuckingtastic.

Spyro as guest racer in the remake maybe? Add some more tracks maybe? I wonder who will be developing this.

Deleted member 26900

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Um, yes please. I haven't played CTR since the Playstation days, but I'll take a remake. Yes, please sir. May have another.

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait for this. Even though MK8D is my absolute GOAT, I vastly preferred CTR to MK64. I replayed it on PS3 a couple years ago and I'm excited to play it with analog sticks now!

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, so the next logical step in Crash resurgence is indeed happening! Good. I've only played this once at a cousin's house long time ago. As a DKR fanboy, I'm eager to see what my PS1 folks were talking about with this game.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Don't know how to feel. I really wanted an all new platformer. And the feeling of the original CTR need to be fucking spot on for me to appreciate it i think.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
People too busy complaining about if it'll be exclusive or not when the important thing is surely who would be actually handling it.

Sumo would be the masters but already have a lot on. So it'll likey be one of Activisions own teams. Kart games its important to get the feel right.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When people say this is better than Mario Kart, do they mean better than 64? Or do you actually think the PS1 CTR is better than Mario Kart 8 on Switch?

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see a reason for this to be PS exclusive for a year like Crash. I mean many thought Spyro would be a year exclusive as well and it wasn't.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Played a lot of CTR as a kid, but was never really good at it. Looking forward to the reveal and trying the game again next year because I'm burnt out on Mario Kart 8 until more DLC is announced.

Deleted member 10549

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite racing game ever is getting remastered? Well, count me in! Online multiplayer with crossplay would be amazing.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
""It's no Mario Kart, but it'll keep us busy until Nintendo hits the track next."

giphy.gif
Yeah I don't know what he's talking about.

CTR has the same 88 metascore as Mario Kart 8, and is rated higher than many past MK games including the almighty MK64.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, this on Switch would just make the fucking year for me(I understand it wouldn't be releasing this year).

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Wow, I really hope this is happening!

As others have said earlier, the playability of CTR still holds up amazingly well to this day. They just need to bring the sights and sounds up to modern standards, add in online play, and maybe also some new character/vehicle customization options. Imagine speeding down the track with a ResetEra flag on your kart!

It better be 60fps on everything.

I agree. That needs to be a high priority for a racing game such as this.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Just realised, next year could be a good year for kart racers if Sonic Racing and CTR are released.

Also if that rumoured Starfox Racing game hits. Though I'm a bit dubious about that rumour.

Hopefully some Mario Kart DLC too.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
man, it's been a long time since i played the game but the engine sounds and the 1-2-3 take me all the way back to when i was like 6 or 7 and played the game at my cousin's house for hours

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
OMG!!! Yes, totally here for it!! :) Now pretty much all the best kart/party racers are available to play on current systems aside Snowboard Kids 1 & 2... which is probably never happening ! :(

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Well, this isn't 98 anymore, it can't be a remake and that's it let's call it a day.

Console wars apart, many things evolved, including content. Imagine Nintendo remaking Mario Kart 64, same game... all mighty 16 tracks and whopping 8 racers, same items... yeah that 88 metacritic woudnt hold much and Nintendo fans would burn their switches in protest.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Yeah I don't know what he's talking about.

CTR has the same 88 metascore as Mario Kart 8, and is rated higher than many past MK games including the almighty MK64.

It's rated that high because there wasn't competition on PS one on that genre, so compared to some low-tier kart racing game, CTR was beautiful and N64 was a bit like the Wii U so a lot of people missed on gems like Diddy Kong Racing (which btw has the same 88 metascore)
https://www.metacritic.com/game/nintendo-64/diddy-kong-racing

But CTR is definitely not better than MK8 just from a content perspective alone. lol

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CTR was reviewed when it came out, not when MK8 came out.

Well, this isn't 98 anymore, it can't be a remake and that's it let's call it a day.

Console wars apart, many things evolved, including content. Imagine Nintendo remaking Mario Kart 64, same game... all mighty 16 tracks and whopping 8 racers... yeah that 88 metacritic woudnt hold much and Nintendo fans would burn their switches in protest.
there's a lot of potential in them fucking things up if they added characters/courses. i hope it's just the same game, but prettier (and with online multi, of course).

But it is definitely not better than MK8. lol
there's nothing to say to people who have that opinion cuz taste is subjective and all that, but yeah it's pretty funny to think someone could play both in 2018 and say CTR is better.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I'm really looking forward to seeing if this holds up. I haven't played it in at least a decade :P

This and Diddy Kong Racing were dream games back in the day. So good.

(And now to wait for Crash Bash remake.)

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's rated that high because there wasn't competition on PS one on that genre, so compared to some low-tier kart racing game, CTR was beautiful and N64 was a bit like the Wii U so a lot of people missed on gems like Diddy Kong Racing (which btw has the same 88 metascore)
https://www.metacritic.com/game/nintendo-64/diddy-kong-racing

But CTR is definitely not better than MK8 just from a content perspective alone. lol
"The critics didn't really like this game as much as they thought, but luckily I know better." Nice.

Not better than Mario Kart 8 clearly, but it was better than Mario Kart 64 at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.