• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really excited to see if this gets announced.

Hopefully VV won't stick with just the original game's cast. I want Spyro characters in this, too.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YES!!!
fckya.gif
tenor.gif
giphy.gif

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
"The critics didn't really like this game as much as they thought, but luckily I know better." Nice.

No i'm just saying that even nowadays, critics rarely give scores comparing games between different platforms, besides those who really want to jump into the console war.

If this is the best choice on that platform (and it is, even today CTR would be the best option on PS4) they might give it a 10 regardless of what's available elsewhere.

And like i said, Diddy Kong Racing was a thing on N64 and it came out 2 years before CTR.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
They need to keep the sound effects mostly intact as well, damn just listening to them in my head makes me so nostalgic. I hope they nail it (if true).

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
It's rated that high because there wasn't competition on PS one on that genre, so compared to some low-tier kart racing game, CTR was beautiful and N64 was a bit like the Wii U so a lot of people missed on gems like Diddy Kong Racing (which btw has the same 88 metascore)
https://www.metacritic.com/game/nintendo-64/diddy-kong-racing

But CTR is definitely not better than MK8 just from a content perspective alone. lol

What ? The N64 was not like the Wii U at all. Reviewers would have compared it to Mario Kart negatively if it didn't hold its own

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
I'll take an n-sane treatment or remake with new stuff added.

This is the GOAT kart racer. The mechanics and feel are perfect. Still hasn't been matched to this day.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I love this game, but I hope they don't change the gameplay to much so people realize it's actually nothing groundbreaking and absolutely not the best kart racer by any metric in a world with Transformed and MK8 (and many other kart racers to be honest).

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And like i said, Diddy Kong Racing was a thing on N64 and it came out 2 years before CTR but how many people played it at the time?
lol, DKR wasn't some hidden gem, it sold like 5 million copies on N64. it sold a little bit more than CTR if my numbers aren't wrong.
CTR: 1.71 million copies sold in Europe, 2.64 million copies sold in the United States, and under 500,000 copies sold in Japan
DKR: 4,880,000

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I think I've played this game a grand total of 5 minutes on PS1.

Maybe I should try it again when it hits PS4? People always seem to claim it's one of the best kart racers.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I love this game, but I hope they don't change the gameplay to much so people realize it's actually nothing groundbreaking and absolutely not the best kart racer by any metric in a world with Transformed and MK8 (and many other kart racers to be honest).

The way drifting is handled and the accelartion is way more fluid and better feeling then mario kart

That said, mario kart absolutely has it beat in terms of track layout and design. Plus content

Story mode is still top notch in crash.

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
I honestly highly doubt Activision would make a permanent PS4 exclusive, N Sane Trilogy sold pretty well year 1 but Even better when it came to the other systems, so it would make more sense to make a new game or remaster Twinsanity, idk.

Last edited:

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018

No, man... nothing will surpass it, ever! Our best minds allocated for 20 wasted years trying to perfect kart racing... We should've known perfection was already reached.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You
why are so many people itt so obsessed with the idea of this unannounced game being exclusive to ps4? it's pretty pathetic, it'll come to ps4 no matter what and it coming to other platforms won't change your experience on ps4.

original was at 30, no? i hope they target 60 for the remake.
you have people who cheer for companies to buy up third parties are you surprised?

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
What ? The N64 was not like the Wii U at all.

Well, at least in EU it was: it sold 6.35 mln units vs 36.91 mln for the PS1, while in US i'm looking now the gap wasn't as big (20 mln vs 38 mln).

Like i said some reviewer made comparison both positive and negative but they felt more console war than anything ("it's better than Mario Kart!!!11" or "It's a good Mario Kart clone!!11"), but none of them compared it with DKR which i think it was the more appropriate comparison.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
lol, DKR wasn't some hidden gem, it sold like 5 million copies on N64. it sold a little bit more than CTR if my numbers aren't wrong.
CTR: 1.71 million copies sold in Europe, 2.64 million copies sold in the United States, and under 500,000 copies sold in Japan
DKR: 4,880,000

Yeah i checked it (i live in EU so everything N64-related felt like a massive flop, and CTR outsold DKR here).

But again, nobody compared CTR with DKR at the time.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You

you have people who cheer for companies to buy up third parties are you surprised?
of course i'm not surprised, i just find it off putting.

Yeah i checked it (i live in EU so everything N64 felt like a massive flop here).

But again, nobody compared CTR with DKR.
you said
It's rated that high because there wasn't competition on PS one on that genre, so compared to some low-tier kart racing game, CTR was beautiful and N64 was a bit like the Wii U so a lot of people missed on gems like Diddy Kong Racing
which makes it seems like DKR was a hidden gem, when it outsold CTR, a massively popular game on a much more successful platform. maybe i misunderstood your meaning tho.

If you fuck up the physics this time you'll ruin it, good luck!
i hope they don't mess with the physics, but a lot of people who will be playing for the first time will find them weird if they're used to other kart racers. the karts here are very "weighty".

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit!

One of the best kart racers ever coming back! Childhood nostalgia in overdrivvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna get so many hours out of online play for this (which it'll hopefully have). That and I can't wait to do the single player story again.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This game is part of my childhood. I'd be unbelievably happy to have it again oh my god please tell me it's going to be true!

Playable Oxide please!

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
of course i'm not surprised, i just find it off putting.

you said

which makes it seems like DKR was a hidden gem, when it outsold CTR, a massively popular game on a much more successful platform. maybe i misunderstood your meaning tho.

No i genuinely thought CTR outsold DKR cause it did here. My bad.

Still reviewers didn't bother to compare the two games, it was all about being better or worse than MK, or how much close to MK it is.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Really hope for Switch version. This was a very competent kart racer at its time. Later Mario Karts were better but this was a very good competitor to Mario Kart 64. Might even be better game. Mario themed tracks and characters were a huge plus compared to very boring crash characters (to me) but as a game it was probably better.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I dont know how many hours I put into this and crash bash when I was young but man those games were so good. Please!!!!! CTR is fantastic.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
CTR was reviewed when it came out, not when MK8 came out.
- MK64 was reviewed when it came out
- MKDD was reviewed when it came out
- MK Wii was reviewed when it came out
- MK7 was reviewed when it came out

I'm saying that what Tom Phillips from Eurogamer said was out of whack.
CTR is definitely in the same league, if you go off critic scores over the years for the Mario Kart series.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I did a second playthrough of the original this year and loved it enough to 100% it.

Holds up! One of the best games on the PS1. Wish I bought it when it came out, but for some reason, despite being a Crash fanatic, I let it pass me by. Maybe due to limited funds, what with being a kid and everything.

Anyway, a remake will be the easiest money ever; Crash is a certified money maker now. It's hilarious thinking back on all those old speculation threads revolving around the return of Crash and how many naysayers there were. "Crash isn't bankable anymore, the original games haven't aged well and 90's-brand edge is awful." Welp!

Oct 27, 2017
Am so excited. This used to be our party game during festive period when I was growing up. Am on cloud nine right now.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
I think I've played this game a grand total of 5 minutes on PS1.

Maybe I should try it again when it hits PS4? People always seem to claim it's one of the best kart racers.

It's not the best. It's Top 3 for sure, but in that account you have MK8 and Diddy Kong Racing, all them with their strongs and their faults.

It's the best Karting in a non-Nintendo console for sure.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
If real, goty coming in fast.
Activision should add online leaderboards, customisable vehicles and characters with no impact car performance.
Online racing would be welcome too and maybe an extra cup with 4 new tracks.

Even if it is only an hd remake..i would still be over the moon as the best kart racer of all time would finally come back in some form.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if this was that other exclusive Benji was talking about for PS4. Did he say something in that line, or am I totally lost here?

Whatever its platforms of choice, the recent success of the series made this a simple matter of when. Crash Bash should follow closely, as well.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I wonder if this was that other exclusive Benji was talking about for PS4. Did he say something in that line, or am I totally lost here?

Whatever its platforms of choice, the recent success of the series made this a simple matter of when. Crash Bash should follow closely, as well.

All he said was that it's a big AAA exclusive game but not a remaster or VR game.

Status
Not open for further replies.