• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I wonder if this was that other exclusive Benji was talking about for PS4. Did he say something in that line, or am I totally lost here?

Whatever its platforms of choice, the recent success of the series made this a simple matter of when. Crash Bash should follow closely, as well.
He said this isn't it in this thread.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
seems like universal owns the copyright

sony may own the code and assets, just like the trilogy, but activision won't need them if they just remake the game.

You keep quoting that post but it's merely conjecture based on one part of the game's copyright information by that poster. You should look up the full copyright info for CTR and see for yourself and not be in such a hurry to frame someone else's guesswork as though it proves something.

I'm not saying Sony won't have done a deal with Activision to allow a multiplatform release or anything (They probably have), I'm just saying I'm going to buy some popcorn on the off-chance :)

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyway, a remake will be the easiest money ever; Crash is a certified money maker now. It's hilarious thinking back on all those old speculation threads revolving around the return of Crash and how many naysayers there were. "Crash isn't bankable anymore, the original games haven't aged well and 90's-brand edge is awful." Welp!
i didn't think it was going to end up being as successful as it became, but only because the IP was so mishandled for so many years that i thought it had became irrelevant. but it's undeniable that crash was one of the best mascots of its time. it had great games to it's name, very wholesome and didn't go for the "edgy" thing many other mascots went for, a very memorable move set, charming characters and stories, etc. i thought what happened since the PS1 days may have made people not care about him anymore, but i was obviously wrong.

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I never liked Crash Bash and I don't see how it would come back. I think it's one area where it cannot hold up as a party game. I tried playing it with a friend recently and some of the mini-games are just totally unfun and frustrating. I don't see Activision going back to it

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I want this. Now. Pretty please. I played it so much as a kid back then...

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
This'll be more than a remake, right? Online play, maybe new characters and tracks, songs etc.

Also 60fps, come on.

Oct 30, 2017
That would be great... but, when we will get the announcement of the brand new Crash game that has been rumored for 2019?

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
To all the former Nintendo only people (assuming some of you got on that sweet black Friday PS4 deal) you gotta check this game out. It's legit am amazing take on the kart racing genre and one of my favorites. Seriously, it's really good.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
After Crash and Spyro running at 30fps (with frame-pacing issues for Spyro) and selling incredibly great I don't see why they would take the trouble of trying to make a 60fps game, commercially speaking.

They'll give us up-resed PS1 graphics at 30fps (stable if we are lucky) and it's going to top the charts.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
I wonder if this was that other exclusive Benji was talking about for PS4. Did he say something in that line, or am I totally lost here?

Whatever its platforms of choice, the recent success of the series made this a simple matter of when. Crash Bash should follow closely, as well.
he said to me no (it's not )

So it's not Crash

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Crossing fingers for 60 FPS as well.

I'm dying for a good kart game and I don't have a Switch. Sonic ASRT was the last great one for me.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never played the original CTR, as I was a Nintendo/PC kid than a Playstation owner when I was a pup.

Is it a good game?
it was a good game back then, and it has aged pretty well. i think it has aged much better than the crash platformers.

I'm just saying I'm going to buy some popcorn on the off-chance :)
sure, why not. you can still eat the popcorn even if turns out to be multiplat
unless it won't taste as good to you if you're not eating it while overwhelmed with the joy of getting another exclusive for your system of choice :)

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
i don't see them bothering with a remake either if it has to be exclusive to a single platform. but you're right, i can see a deal happening, maybe like the last time, giving sony timed exclusivity.
This is true. The trilogy wouldn't have even happened if Sony didn't intervene, Activision was done with the franchise as they ran it to the ground. Sony was okay with it being timed then and undoubtedly okay with it now.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Activision : "Hey Sony we need that CTR IP can you give me?"
Sony : "OK but what do I gain in return?"
Activision thinks and say : "What do you want?"
Sony : "1 year exclusivity plus Destiny and CoD marketing deals for next gen"
Activision : "We gotta a deal!"

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
My neighbour still downs beers every weekend with his friends and plays CTR with them. He'll probably be psyched.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hope they do not make the huge mistake of dropping local multiplayer for crash team racing, it would kill it for me.
zero chance of that happening

I'll enjoy it so long as it's salted :)
i'm sure you will

I never liked Crash Bash and I don't see how it would come back. I think it's one area where it cannot hold up as a party game. I tried playing it with a friend recently and some of the mini-games are just totally unfun and frustrating. I don't see Activision going back to it
same, it was a very meh game from memory, but i only played it two or three times. i don't expect it to the next crash game, that has to be a brand new platformer.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
CTR is definitely in my Top 10 games ever. I need this remake to have online play though, so I got someone to play with on PC.

Deleted member 10549

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Inaproppriate Language
there's nothing to say to people who have that opinion cuz taste is subjective and all that, but yeah it's pretty funny to think someone could play both in 2018 and say CTR is better.
Everyone is entitled to opinion so here is mine: I must be a funny person because from a pure gameplay perspective I think CTR is a better game than MK8. MK8 have a big selection of excellent looking maps, big character roster, and phenomenal graphics, but the gameplay is meh. Rubberbanding is atrocious. You get punished for being on 1st place by blue shells, increased time on debuffs from lightning and blooper. You get wrecked when placed in the middle from all those items. Some map designs are questionable too. And there is no story mode and that's a huge miss opportunity. CTR karts feel better to drive and power sliding is superior to drifting in MK.

EDIT. Forgive plz :(

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
I spent a crazy amount of time on this back then, I remember the SP being pretty great.

This and Sonic Transformed are great on that front !

Oct 27, 2017

I was half joking but I really feel there are more announcements of remasters from Sony than new original games lately. It maybe better if they space the releases out a bit more.

And CTR especially seems like an odd choice considering how far Mario Kart has developed since then. It may have been better to make a completely new CTR entry, but I reserve my final judgement until we actual see something from the game.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They'll give us up-resed PS1 graphics at 30fps (stable if we are lucky) and it's going to top the charts.
...you think the trilogy had up-rezzed ps1 graphics?

If sony pays then theres nothing we can do. Just like when MS purchases a third party studio.
what makes you think sony is going to pay for this? and why would activision agree to make an exclusive entry in their newly-successful multiplat series when they can just make a multiplat game on their own?

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017

I hope I'm not late on the Windows Central one, they noted something interesting (akin to Spyro's Egg tease):

Today, we received a rather interesting package from what we believe to be Activision, since they asked us for our mailing address a few days ago. It contained a note that said to watch The Game Awards 2018 on Thursday and a pair of giant dice that are bigger than our heads. The package was sent by someone named "N.O." which probably stands for Nitros Oxide. He is an alien from the planet Gasmoxia who serves as the main antagonist of Crash Team Racing. The first thought that cross our minds was that Activision is teasing a new Crash Bandicoot kart racing game. Then, it hit us, that it might be CRT: Crash Team Racing remaster.

img_0201.jpeg

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is entitled to opinion so here is mine: I must be a funny person because from a pure gameplay perspective I think CTR is a better game than MK8. MK8 have a big selection of excellent looking maps, big character roster, and phenomenal graphics, but the gameplay is meh. Rubber-banding is atrocious. You get punished for being on 1st place by blue shells, increased time on debuffs from lightning and blooper. You get raped when placed in the middle from all those items. Some map designs are questionable too. And there is no story mode and that's a huge miss opportunity. CTR karts feel better to drive and power sliding is superior to drifting in MK.
Truth.
Mario Kart at no point in time has ever eclipsed CTR from a mechanical stand point. Sliding, Boosting and kart response blow mario kart out of the water, same goes for DKR which I absolutely love. This isn't even taking into consideration the rubber-banding.

CTR > DKR > Sonic Racing >>>> any Mario Kart.

DonFreecs

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well the 4chan leak mentions that Vicarious Visions are working on this game and they made Crash Nitro Kart in the past so I'm sure they'll probably be able to nail the feel of CTR.
Yeah this doesnt sound good. As someone who loves CTR, CNK was a big disappointment. Hope they will be able to nail the controls and feel of the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.