• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I believe the Crash games are still charting in the U.K. So glad that the trilogy is a hit. So many naysayers prior to release.
all three versions with physical releases (ps4, xbo. switch) have been consistently doing great in the uk chart. the switch/xbo release actually bumped the ps4 version as well, probably because of new advertising.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Truth.
Mario Kart at no point in time has ever eclipsed CTR from a mechanical stand point. Sliding, Boosting and kart response blow mario kart out of the water, same goes for DKR which I absolutely love. This isn't even taking into consideration the rubber-banding.

CTR > DKR > Sonic Racing >>>> any Mario Kart.
I mean...when's the last time you played Diddy Kong Racing? I liked that game as much as the next person, and do think it holds a ton of merit to this day, but in no way does it play better than Mario Kart 8 "from a mechanical standpoint". That game is incredibly hard to go back to.

I can't speak to CTR as I've never played it.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I hope I'm not late on the Windows Central one, they noted something interesting (akin to Spyro's Egg tease):

img_0201.jpeg

oh they sent it to windows central, sony exclusivity confirmed
Here's the interesting bit: It seems that only PlayStation employees/HQs are receiving the Fluffy Dice so far, the one embedded in the OT and this one from Germany

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
It's not incorrect at all to say that N. Sane Trilogy did better on PS4 than on the other consoles, and that's what the post you're quoting says.
What he ment with that is that because Crash sold better on PS4 it still a good choice for Activision to make a permanent PS4 exclusive, and I disagree with that, it's still at minimum half the potential sales.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I'm way more excited about this than Crash 1,2,3 remake.

Even within the darkest timeline there are glimpses of hope.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What he ment with that is that because Crash sold better on PS4 it still a good choice for Activision to make a permanent PS4 exclusive, and I disagree with that, it's still at minimum half the potential sales.
yep, they'd be missing out on a lot of potential sales by going exclusive again, plus it's just bad business to bring a series back from the dead, make it multiplat, make it very successful, and then go back to exclusivity.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
True, but
yep, they'd be missing out on a lot of potential sales by going exclusive again, plus it's just bad business to bring a series back from the dead, make it multiplat, make it very successful, and then go back to exclusivity.
True but sony having the insane trilogy did ablsoute wonders in bringing back the crash fans to playstation. Its probably why they made that one timed. That was the one to get for the return of El Crash Bandicoot. They probably don't need to make another timed deal. The hard core crash fans bought ps4s already so its not usefull to make CTR timed.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean...when's the last time you played Diddy Kong Racing? I liked that game as much as the next person, and do think it holds a ton of merit to this day, but in no way does it play better than Mario Kart 8 "from a mechanical standpoint". That game is incredibly hard to go back to.

I can't speak to CTR as I've never played it.
Sorry, should clarify my point in regards to mechanics as it relates only to crash team racing. I have no doubt, and I can attest to this as I own MK7, that time has moved forward for the MK series so it is in fact superior to DKR from a mechanical perspective but not as a an overall package, which my rankings were trying to convey.

Story Mode, gameplay variety, responsiveness, sound mechanical fundamentals (control, drift, boost) and more bring CTR, DKR and Sonic Racing to slightly higher tier than MK, which to me feels like it relies far too much on item probability wonkiness to create an exciting race instead of sound gameplay concepts. It is just a preference, but I can see why others may disagree, as they may enjoy that sort of racing and gameplay while I do not.

As to your question I played DKR about two years ago now, and Sonic Sega All Stars Racing again this year.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
What's with the want for a Crash Bash remake? I guess you haven't played it recently because I have. I remember loving it as a kid despite its insane garbage difficulty but it's awful.

Now I wouldn't be opposed to a new Crash Bash but that won't happen.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
What's with the want for a Crash Bash remake? I guess you haven't played it recently because I have. I remember loving it as a kid despite its insane garbage difficulty but it's awful.

I think they should remake it, just price it accordingly. I would be in if it landed in the $15 to $25 bracket. A higher price I do not think is really justified.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I think they should remake it, just price it accordingly. I would be in if it landed in the $15 to $25 bracket. A higher price I do not think is really justified.
If any Crash game deserves a remake it's Twinsanity. But they would have to actually finish the game and add all the planned/cut content and fix all the bugs.

That game was really funny and I would've liked to see their full vision.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017

I come back to it every now and again, and I still enjoy it. The difficulty can get crazy though, but the minigames are a lot of fun imo (at least when playing with another player).

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, should clarify my point in regards to mechanics as it relates only to crash team racing. I have no doubt, and I can attest to this as I own MK7, that time has moved forward for the MK series so it is in fact superior to DKR from a mechanical perspective but not as a an overall package, which my rankings were trying to convey.

Story Mode, gameplay variety, responsiveness, sound mechanical fundamentals (control, drift, boost) and more bring CTR, DKR and Sonic Racing to slightly higher tier than MK, which to me feels like it relies far too much on item probability wonkiness to create an exciting race instead of sound gameplay concepts. It is just a preference, but I can see why others may disagree, as they may enjoy that sort of racing and gameplay while I do not.

As to your question I played DKR about two years ago now, and Sonic Sega All Stars Racing again this year.
Ah, fair enough.

I suppose I can agree that Mario Kart definitely prioritizes wonky races/item randomness instead of solid racing gameplay concepts - but as you said, others (like myself) enjoy that. I haven't played CTR, and maybe I'd enjoy that more - but the sort of crazy, randomness of Mario Kart is really what I like about it. It's like cranking a slot machine at the beginning of each race and you just gotta hang on and fuck around. I treat it less like a racing game and more like a party game, if that makes sense.

I can understand that viewpoint though. I should really give CTR a try.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Someone refresh my memory please, but what could the red dices be referring to? It might be something so obvious from Crash that I'm missing it :(

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
CTR still holds on his own against most of kart racing games, even in 2018. Is still that good.

There was an user itt asking for a new CTR, and, unless is made by people close to the original, i don't want it. Crash Nitro Kart is not only slow, but also boring. Didn't like it at all

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Someone refresh my memory please, but what could the red dices be referring to? It might be something so obvious from Crash that I'm missing it :(

They're orange and they're fuzzy dice, and people hang fuzzy dice on their rear view mirrors. Crash himself does it in one of the original CTR advertisements, IIRC. There's not much to it in terms of fanservice like with the Spyro egg.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Is it reasonable to hope for online ? I don't have a fun racer to come back to since I dropped MK8 (unwillingly).

Great news anyway.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I adore CTR and it left MK64 for dead back in the day.

I'll get this day one provided it runs at 60fps. I know the original didn't but you can't exactly sit this beside MK8D in 2018 at half the refresh rate and expect it to hold up well.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Well... they never bothered with a sequel so...
I'm not sure if you just don't know about them, or you're not counting them because they're literally not CTR 2, but there was Crash Nitro Kart, and Crash Tag Team Racing.

Nitro Kart was essentially a direct sequel... just not as good.

Also I don't think having a sequel would be relevant to it being good or not anyway.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
They're orange and they're fuzzy dice, and people hang fuzzy dice on their rear view mirrors. Crash himself does it in one of the original CTR advertisements, IIRC. There's not much to it in terms of fanservice like with the Spyro egg.
I see, so the chance it is CTR is highly likely then. Seems like I'll have to bounce early from my drinking night with friends from work and catch TGA live.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
This is going to be the best selling PS4 game isn't it lol

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
True but sony having the insane trilogy did ablsoute wonders in bringing back the crash fans to playstation. Its probably why they made that one timed. That was the one to get for the return of El Crash Bandicoot. They probably don't need to make another timed deal. The hard core crash fans bought ps4s already so its not usefull to make CTR timed.
i don't think it'll be timed this time. as someone said, maybe activision can give sony something by having the ps4 version include some exclusive content.

OP
OP
stinkyguy666

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah this doesnt sound good. As someone who loves CTR, CNK was a big disappointment. Hope they will be able to nail the controls and feel of the original.
Honestly, I've not played CNK in over a decade. Is it really a big downgrade?

I know that earlier builds of N. Sane Trilogy apparently used a modified version of the Nitro Kart engine so I imagine they might just use it again for development of this.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
and there's no way they'll make a remake of CTR exclusive to ps4, after the trilogy was such a success as a multiplat game.

Thats some alternate way of saying Crash on PS4 alone did incredible well and easily outsold all other versions combined.

Chuy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Day 1 on this. Favorite game growing up and still play it to this day with family whenever we get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.