• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
What's with the want for a Crash Bash remake? I guess you haven't played it recently because I have. I remember loving it as a kid despite its insane garbage difficulty but it's awful.

Now I wouldn't be opposed to a new Crash Bash but that won't happen.

I played it last year on an emulator with a friend, and we both had a blast, it's amazing. I'd love to see it again someday, maybe with a lengthier campaign.

And no people, CTR is still fun to play, and this is AMAZING NEWS OH SHIT

logash

Oct 27, 2017
A competent kart racer that is not Mario Kart on a modern system? I'm fucking in! Bring on that fur-k!

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boy, I know I sure can't wait to have the first two tracks on disc and the rest of the game as a day one patch.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Boy, I know I sure can't wait to have the first two tracks on disc and the rest of the game as a day one patch.
In fairness, Crash Team Racing is a significantly smaller game than Sypro 1-3 and will probably fit on one disc, not giving Activision an opportunity to be cheap.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
that's a weird way to read my post. did i say the ps4 version wasn't a success?
also i'd like a source on the outsold combined thing.

Its a counter: Crash was a tremendous success even as an exclusive.
Eh its obvious. The game sold 2.5 million on PS4 in 3 months alone, the multiplat release did not come close to those launch numbers. Oh and the PAL charts are a clear indicator.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been waiting for this since forever, hopefully it supports crossplay.

Is it reasonable to hope for online ? I don't have a fun racer to come back to since I dropped MK8 (unwillingly).

Great news anyway.
Not at all, it's a kart racing game made by Activision no less, there is no way it won't have an online mode.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh its obvious. The game sold 2.5 million on PS4 in 3 months alone, the multiplat release did not come close to those launch numbers. Oh and the PAL charts are a clear indicator.
do you think going forward, the series will be more successful if it became exclusive to ps4, or remained multiplat?
activision has no reason to make any crash game exclusive to ps4, that's simply it. it's a big success for them, they'd want to grow the series, and the way to do that isn't going back.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
YES! The best kart game ever gets a remake! HOLY FCK!

Mario kart who? CTR is back!

Btw, will this be PS exclusive?

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I liked this a lot more than Mario Kart 64, not as good as modern Mario karts, but it was amazing in its day.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
do you think going forward, the series will be more successful if it became exclusive to ps4, or remained multiplat?

Thats the wrong question to ask. Crash will be a massive success even if it is PS4 exclusive as the majority of the fanbase will be on PS4. To put it simply, if Sony want it to be exclusive they can.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Btw, will this be PS exclusive?
no, since they also sent the dice thingies to windows central. i think it's safe to say it'll be on xbo too, but switch and pc are unknown.

Thats the wrong question to ask. Crash will be a massive success even if it is PS4 exclusive as the majority of the fanbase will be on PS4. To put it simply, if Sony want it to be exclusive they can.
let's agree to disagree, the future of the crash series isn't in sony's hand, they don't have a say in the matter, and activision has no reason to ignore the 3 non-sony platforms they released the last game on (and had success on all 3). i get it that some people want it to become exclusive, but companies don't work on the basis of hopes and wishes of fanboys.
anyways, this is all moot since activision sent their pre TGA tease to a microsoft-centric website as well, so it's safe to say it's not exclusive and that they've either reached a deal with sony or this is a completely new crash racing game.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks.

Anyway, won't be a problem I still play it today on PS3 couch coop AND IT'S STILL AS FUN AS IT WAS ALMOST 20 YEARS AGO!
it's still enjoyable, it has aged pretty well, which is why i hope whoever is handling the remake can nail the gameplay and make it exactly like it was in the ps1 game, and not try something "new".

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017

I don't care if it can still be successful as a PS4 exclusive, there is no good reason why this shouldn't come out on multiple platforms. I want as many people as possible to play this game.

Man, the soundtrack was so good. I'm sure a lot of it is pure nostalgia, but still. I can't wait to see what the trailer or reveal looks like.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
it's still enjoyable, it has aged pretty well, which is why i hope whoever is handling the remake can nail the gameplay and make it exactly like it was in the ps1 game, and not try something "new".
Very important that they retain the PS1 version handling.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So what is the deal with CTR compared to Mario Kart? Does it have better single player content or it is better on multiplayer like MK?

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
What are the chances 3 GOAT games in their respective genres, WC3, RE2 and CTR all get a remake in 2019. Year of the remakes indeed.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
So what is the deal with CTR compared to Mario Kart? Does it have better single player content or it is better on multiplayer like MK?
CTR was the best kart racing of that time. Mario Kart 64 just came second, buts thats pretty good considering how much of those games we got at the time. It was the first time Mario Kart actually has a competitor, at least until Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed, which is also stunning to look at, and a blast to play.

Also, some others really good kart racing games were:

- Konami Krazy Racers
- Looney Tunes Space Race
- Chocobo Racing

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
CTR was the best kart racing of that time. Mario Kart 64 just came second, buts thats pretty good considering how much of those games we got at the time. It was the first time Mario Kart actually has a competitor, at least until Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed, which is also stunning to look at, and a blast to play.

Also, some others really good kart racing games were:

- Konami Krazy Racers
- Looney Tunes Space Race
- Chocobo Racing
No Wacky Races?

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017
Man I was so excited if this becuase it could also mean he could've been in smash....until I read that CTR is owned by Sony...the dream is dead.

I'm still excited for the game but keeping it PS4 exclusive will hurt since my PS4 is at home so I would have no way to play it.

tenor.gif

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The best Kart racer. It is known.

Also, CTR is better than Crash Bandicoot.

I am hyped as hell to see it.

Oct 25, 2017
It's outclassed the last two decades of Kart Racers in every way except visuals and online multiplayer for obvious reasons.

-Full single player campaign with story, cutscenes, and 5 full Hub worlds, Hub Bosses, as well as earnable Trophies/Relics/CTR Token/Gems amongst the hubs/bosses/tracks.
-Varied tracks that reward high skill
-The music is some of the best in the genre
-Extremely balanced roster between light/fast, medium/average, and heavy/strong racers
-Rewarding slide boost mechanic
-Item roster is extremely fair and well-balanced, with the added risk/reward strategy of enhancing all items with the Wumpa fruit system
-Battle/Tournament/Arcade/VS/Time Trial/Adventure modes, up to 4 players

It's a dense, well balanced kart racer, and just damn fun. Sonic All Stars and Mario Karts have come close or done better in some ways, but not the way CTR fired on all cylinders. If it weren't for it's technical age, it would be lapping all other racers out there even today. With this remake (if they nail the controls/online and balancing) it finally has the chance.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mario Kart has never even come close to the single player offerings that CTR offered. CTR is the absolute definitive best Kart racer for single player in history by quite some distance.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped as hell! I love CTR so much more than every other kart racer - I can not wait to see how this turns out!

Oct 25, 2017
When people say this is better than Mario Kart, do they mean better than 64? Or do you actually think the PS1 CTR is better than Mario Kart 8 on Switch?

They think it's better than any game in the Mario Kart series, and I would agree.

Not only does it hold up, but it feels much more rewarding when you get good at it. Mario Kart feels the same no matter how long you play. There is no depth to the system. Never has been.

Then there is the tracks design, which is leaps and bounds above any other kart racer to this day. In my opinion, MK8 is actually the worst in it's own series when it comes to the tracks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stinkyguy666

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
It's outclassed the last two decades of Kart Racers in every way except visuals
From a graphical standpoint, CTR is definitely outdated, but in terms of art direction? It's in a league of its own
crashracing_conceptart_aDPXt.jpg

crashracing_conceptart_fDhHl.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Such a visually striking game and I hope the artists of the remake take advantage of modern hardware to translate the aesthetic into 3D.

Oct 25, 2017
It's outclassed the last two decades of Kart Racers in every way except visuals and online multiplayer for obvious reasons.

-Full single player campaign with story, cutscenes, and 5 full Hub worlds, Hub Bosses, as well as earnable Trophies/Relics/CTR Token/Gems amongst the hubs/bosses/tracks.
-Varied tracks that reward high skill
-The music is some of the best in the genre
-Extremely balanced roster between light/fast, medium/average, and heavy/strong racers
-Rewarding slide boost mechanic
-Item roster is extremely fair and well-balanced, with the added risk/reward strategy of enhancing all items with the Wumpa fruit system
-Battle/Tournament/Arcade/VS/Time Trial/Adventure modes, up to 4 players

It's a dense, well balanced kart racer, and just damn fun. Sonic All Stars and Mario Karts have come close or done better in some ways, but not the way CTR fired on all cylinders. If it weren't for it's technical age, it would be lapping all other racers out there even today. With this remake (if they nail the controls/online and balancing) it finally has the chance.

Stunning post.

Should be pinned at the top of every kart racing thread that gets created from here on out.

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017
crash being in smash has nothing to do with sony, they don't own the character.

Oh I know that but I also thought that with Sony owning the rights to CTR crash being dlc in smash would not make sense to promote it. But I also saw that windows central got it so there's always a good chance the switch will get it (I would actually go with the PC version but a switch does at least mean something)

Status
Not open for further replies.