• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure the other concerns and issues are annoying but, you would have to rework the level layout of Crash 1 to make Crash 2's new moves work well, you could literally see a mod on how they work on PC, here's an example

I fail to see how they would need to redesign the levels as if Sega can find a way to include both of Sonic's Spin dash and Drop dash in their Sega classic Sonic 1, then they could have easily included an option to allow players to use them if they wanted to.

They simply didn't bother to take the extra mile and it shows.

Oct 25, 2017
They simply didn't bother to take the extra mile and it shows.
Let's see, Vicarious Visions:

-included cut levels from original game
-included two original stages, for free
-made Coco playable in nearly every stage
-added time trials to every Crash 1/2 stage
-added global leaderboards for all time trial challenges across all three games

But they "didn't go the extra mile" I guess.

Also, Crash 1 is a very special case in that many jumps and distances are built to the pixel with Crash 1's moveset in mind. The extra movement and abilities would mislead players into using them on stages that weren't at all designed for them, as well as interrupting the faithful nature that they were meant to be played in. Things like the double-jump/spin jump/bazooka abilities would completely break the difficulty of the first game, as well as opening up frustration to overshooting jumps and timed platforms. Sonic isn't really comparable since the movesets and stage layouts allow a lot more freedom of movement, error and course correction, even in the old stages with new abilities. Crash 1 in comparison has many particular physics/box/platforming puzzles that call for the particular timing and physics and of that specific game, that would be broken by 2/3's movies.

Something like not including later movesets in earlier games was a conscious decision, and not out of laziness, especially when VV went out of their way to include all of the extra goodies they did when they didn't have to.

Last edited:

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
I found something interesting from my own fan blog "Crashy News", although I can't post the full URL since I'm worried it might bring up some issues, anyways

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
I liked Tag Team Racing, I even thought the platforming sections in it were good. Always thought they could make a whole extended Crash game out of that platforming.

Nashklasher

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Was the best crash bandicoot game for me during my time with the OG Playstation . HHHYYYYYPPPPEEEEE. would be okay with a BASH remake/remaster or a completely new BASH game too . That game was too much fun ..

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
One of my favorite games of all time. I spent so much time with my brothers. This remake would be a dream come true for me, I have waited for a form of remaster since early ps3 days

Oct 27, 2017
THE RETURN OF THE TRUE KART RACING GAME

WE EATIN FAM

OyD71B.gif

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
would people prefer if they add new characters/courses to the game, or just like the trilogy have this be the exact same game with upgraded visuals?
i personally hope it's the latter, they can always make a sequel with new stuff later but i prefer this to be a basic remake rather than an enhanced one.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't rebuyed crash, I had completed them already on PS1 and didnt feel the need to do it again... but CTR is another story!
Hope it's true!

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
would people prefer if they add new characters/courses to the game, or just like the trilogy have this be the exact same game with upgraded visuals?
i personally hope it's the latter, they can always make a sequel with new stuff later but i prefer this to be a basic remake rather than an enhanced one.
Exact same game with some new characters and courses. A Deluxe edition if you will.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
YEEEEEESSSSSSSS! My favorite kart racer ever returns with online mp!!! Now all they have to is copy the driving feel 1:1 and we're golden. I'm honestly super excited, this is exactly what I was hoping for when I heard the trilogy sold well.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Crash Team Racing might be the first console game this entire gen I'm willing to put serious time to the online mode if they get it right.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Hmm, if this indeed being developed by Vicarious and firmly a remake rather than more of a reboot, I wonder if that points to Acti having purchased the original game from Sony. It strikes me as unlikely (but not outside the realm of possibility) that an Acti-owned studio is working on something Acti won't actually own. Roll on a trailer with copyright info!

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Exact same game with some new characters and courses. A Deluxe edition if you will.
they may feel like releasing a kart racer in 2019 with only 16 tracks may not be enough so they have to make more, but people will be ok with the number of tracks and characters if this is a $40 game
i hope if they add new stuff they can match the quality of the original game

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Assuming they don't fuck up the balance. CTR is 1 of those games where I'd love them adding new characters over time, don't even have to be Crash characters. My worry would be Activision not selling them directly though.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
In what fantasy world does your CTR exist? In mine, while it was fun, it was a technical turd. It didn't target 60 and worse yet it didn't even maintain it's lower target very well, which is pivotal for any kart game. They got the most important aspect dreadfully wrong. Hopefully they do better the second time around.
And after all that it's still better than the crap that was mario kart. Just as the N64 lost incredibly hard, mario kart lost against ctr.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
Ctr + crash bash remake would be really cool.

Lets hope they wont mess with the game's difficulty this time

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
Crash Bash With more interesting with "classic board game adventure" like Mario Party and more mini game.

Moby

Oct 28, 2017
Massive news! Never had more fun with friends with any other kart racer. Can't put my finger on it. Was it the controls? Levels? All Mario Karts that came after never reached those heights for me & collected dust.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Only played a little of Crash, but I had a ton of fun with the single player of DKR a couple of years ago. The subtle mechanics for driving and using boosts correctly were great.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the single player mode just as much as the multiplater on this back in the day. I remember using the multitap to play four player...so much fun. Mario Kart really could do with a fully-fledged single player mode like Crash/DKR.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Also they should make the game four player and add online.

Oh it did have four player

Ghost305

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
In what fantasy world does your CTR exist? In mine, while it was fun, it was a technical turd. It didn't target 60 and worse yet it didn't even maintain it's lower target very well, which is pivotal for any kart game. They got the most important aspect dreadfully wrong. Hopefully they do better the second time around.

Hell no.
Even as a stickler for 60fps myself, this is a ridiculous statement. This video does a pretty good job of painting why CTR's mechanics were infinitely more satisfying than MK's

Status
Not open for further replies.