• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can all those "bu Mario kart is better" trolls keep out of this thread?

Reminds me of the "bu crash was always bad" trolls in the old crash remake threads.

Crash really makes some people butthurt it seems.
lol, what do you expect when people call CTR the best kart racer EVAH!
i see more people shitting on MK in this thread than CTR.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine having to rely on rng instead of skills to get the fastest route to the finish line
Oh so now we're at a point where we're shitting on item management in the kart racing genre... Might as well play iRacing, that game will reward your driving skills 100 times more than CTR ever will.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
lol, what do you expect when people call CTR the best kart racer EVAH!
i see more people shitting on MK in this thread than CTR.
Of course you'll get more fans of CTR...when you're in a freaking CTR thread.

How hard is this to understand?

If CTR fans would be shitting in a Mario Kart thread I would oppose that too.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Please please add Spyro characters and world's... I love the original, but a CTR remake has the potential for so much pizzazz.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I mean, if they wanted to put it on other platforms without hassles they could just make a sequel, couldn't they? Call it Super Crash Team Racing and call it a day.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course you'll get more fans of CTR...when you're in a freaking CTR thread.

How hard is this to understand?

If CTR fans would be shitting in a Mario Kart thread I would oppose that too.
In a thread about a CTR remake? Not getting pissy about it.
i guess you guys have a point :)

I mean, if they wanted to put it on other platforms without hassles they could just make a sequel, couldn't they? Call it Super Crash Team Racing and call it a day.
that's what i think. for activision the choice between creating an exclusive game with the same name and content vs creating a new game under a different name that looks suspiciously like the original must be an easy one.
i don't think they had to make that choice tho, they likely made a deal with sony. we'll find out soon.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
I don't care what's better between Mario Kart and Crash Team Racing. Can't we just be happy this is getting made ?
My only hope is that it's multiplatform even if time limited on PS4 first. Especially if it runs at 30 fps on consoles like the Crash Trilogy/

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Also to jump on the shit pile.

CTR racing is better than MK64
MK64 battle mode is better than CTR
CTR was the best kart racer for a long time, but Sonic Racing and Mario Kart has long since surpassed it.

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
CTR is definitely a top 3 all-time kart racer and you could make an argument for it being #1 easily.

Personally I think Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the absolute greatest for raw gameplay, not buying the 'RNG' decides all argument when I've got a 75% podium record over 90 hours of gameplay. Most (if not all) mechanics have a balancing factor and I'm guessing those who think its all RNG are the ones who don't know how to avoid getting coins from item boxes when leading/haven't really played much and see the blue shell as a 'be all end all' item. Sonic Transformed is simply on another level to the other 2 mechanically and offers a much better driving experience overall. Although, I'm more inclined to call it an 'arcade racer' since it does handle quite differently to other kart racers.

CTR is just beaming with content and phenomenal track design from start-to-finish. MTs can be abused at a high level sure but I'd expect that to be nerfed in this remake much like snaking was in MK. It's a technique but one that detracts from enjoyable racing in my opinion.

I just can't wait to 100%+ this game again.

Also Activison, please steal Mario Kart's VR system for online - it doesn't have to be complicated, a simple ranking system that does its job reasonably well.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm kinda curious how faithful this is going to be.
Brio, Oxide, Koala Kong and Moe 100% need to be in it this time though.

I'd love for the CNK tracks to make it, even if they don't bother bringing the characters from that over (although I'd happily take Crunch and N.Trance).

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
Oh so now we're at a point where we're shitting on item management in the kart racing genre... Might as well play iRacing, that game will reward your driving skills 100 times more than CTR ever will.
CTR also has item management mostly where it's needed during a race (and it also has good balance in it), but being able to pick the fastest route should be on you 99% of the time.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Fans of these games are worse than vegetarians, when it comes to telling the world about their thoughts, in this case how it is the best kart racer in the world and better than every single Mario Kart, even though very few, if anyone at all, have played any of the Mario Karts. Every thread about this game is filled with "Best Kart racer ever" type of posts. Are fans of this game really that insecure about it?

What is up with Era shitting on vegans/vegetarians all the time?

Anyway, it'll be nice to see Mario Kart potentially have some new competition, CTR always felt like a franchise that never really got started. I'd personally like to see them try and take some of the mechanics from ModNation (I.e. the track editor) and put them into a more successful framework.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CTR is still the most fun I've ever had with any karting games, it just gets the core gameplay better than any of the myriad karting games that came after, and I played my share of those. Heck, the only karting game that came close to being as fun as CTR was Sonic Racing Transformed. Playing this online will be crazy fun.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Please please add Spyro characters and world's... I love the original, but a CTR remake has the potential for so much pizzazz.

That'd be really cool, please do it Sony/Activision or whoever is involved with this! I'd be ok with new tracks and characters as long as it's on top of all the original content, because CTR was a little bit too short for my taste.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pal-charts-week-26-2018.52854/page-4#post-9947347

Launch week UK was ~25k for Xbox, Switch combined and over 100k for PS4.
but that's one week, in one market (that leans very heavy towards ps4). you said ps4 version has outsold the 3 versions combined, so unless you have a source for that, you're not correct.
and not that it matter a lot, but this week in the UK charts, the xbo and switch versions are in the top 40 but ps4 version isn't.

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
This is what I've wanted for a long time. My son and I still play the original on the PS1. Looking forward to this. Absolute day one purchase

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Sorry in advance for destroying EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU online with my boy Dingodile.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty damn good, or was, I've not played in years, at this game, but I could never get the shortcut at the end of Cortex Castle, where you do the 90 degree left turn and jump onto the wooden beam to skip the stairs.

It's literally the only shortcut I could never do. Everything else I was perfectly fine with, but I don't think I landed that even once.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
CTR is still the most fun I've ever had with any karting games, it just gets the core gameplay better than any of the myriad karting games that came after, and I played my share of those. Heck, the only karting game that came close to being as fun as CTR was Sonic Racing Transformed. Playing this online will be crazy fun.
Booom, this one gets it right.

Not even the newest MK comes close to the (simpler) gameplay of CTR, making it the absolute best kart game ever and still unsurpassed after all this time.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty damn good, or was, I've not played in years, at this game, but I could never get the shortcut at the end of Cortex Castle, where you do the 90 degree left turn and jump onto the wooden beam to skip the stairs.

It's literally the only shortcut I could never do. Everything else I was perfectly fine with, but I don't think I landed that even once.

For me it's the shortcut in Sewer Speedway where you have to use the halfpipe with boost to jump into a hole in the wall that's super inconsistent. I don't think I've ever not failed that jump at least once in a race.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

The mental image of a quadrupedal character like Spyro driving a go-kart is hilarious. How would that even work? Sitting in a seat like a biped would look really weird for him but I could totally see him zooming around on his trusty skateboard upgraded with rocket boosters or something...

a909c7f54026d53f466673c7e25ccf5f.gif

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The mental image of a quadrupedal character like Spyro driving a go-kart is hilarious. How would that even work? Sitting in a seat like a biped would look really weird for him but I could totally see him zooming around on his trusty skateboard upgraded with rocket boosters or something...

a909c7f54026d53f466673c7e25ccf5f.gif

CTR already had a regular tiger and polar bear as characters, you know :)

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
Fans of these games are worse than vegetarians, when it comes to telling the world about their thoughts, in this case how it is the best kart racer in the world and better than every single Mario Kart, even though very few, if anyone at all, have played any of the Mario Karts. Every thread about this game is filled with "Best Kart racer ever" type of posts. Are fans of this game really that insecure about it?

I've never actually met a vegan or vegetarian who is all preachy about it, only assholes whining and projecting.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Here's hoping for a locked 60 FPS and online multiplayer a la MK8.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
but that's one week, in one market (that leans very heavy towards ps4). you said ps4 version has outsold the 3 versions combined, so unless you have a source for that, you're not correct.
and not that it matter a lot, but this week in the UK charts, the xbo and switch versions are in the top 40 but ps4 version isn't.
It's one week yes, but from that much higher base line and from the legs the PS4 version had for almost the whole first year, which for a much longer time was higher in the charts than the other versions have been after their launch, it's easy to see the statement is true. (It wasn't my statement in the first place)

Status
Not open for further replies.