• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my, yes, I want that. Played it for hours, aiming for the platinium relics in time-attack.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Do sony own the rights to CTR or did I misread something?

Wouldnt this make it exclusive?

It'd make sense, but it depends if anything has happened behind the scenes that could let them release multiplatform. It'd be cool for it to be multiplatform, but I think people should be prepared for it to be an exclusive.

Deleted member 10549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty damn good, or was, I've not played in years, at this game, but I could never get the shortcut at the end of Cortex Castle, where you do the 90 degree left turn and jump onto the wooden beam to skip the stairs.

It's literally the only shortcut I could never do. Everything else I was perfectly fine with, but I don't think I landed that even once.

Did you try the shortcut on papu's pyramid?

Or this on blizzard buff

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fans of these games are worse than vegetarians, when it comes to telling the world about their thoughts, in this case how it is the best kart racer in the world and better than every single Mario Kart, even though very few, if anyone at all, have played any of the Mario Karts. Every thread about this game is filled with "Best Kart racer ever" type of posts. Are fans of this game really that insecure about it?
Despite the fact that I was having nice conversations about this game yesterday (having never played it) - it does seem a little odd that this is a constant thing that happens with this game. I don't see Mario Kart fans saying this kind of thing unless they're defending it, or prompted to - at least here on Era anyway. As though praise of this game can't come from its own merit, it has to come from that it's "better than any Mario Kart".

As someone with no nostalgia attached to this game, it certainly doesn't look better than "any Mario Kart" to me (not only visually, but from a gameplay perspective) - but I'm open to trying it.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i started playing the game on my psp after like, 5 years i think.
the game still looks amazing, and the track designs (and visuals) are great. i hope they change nothing.
naughty dogs really nailed the visual aesthetics of track design in a kart racing game, it's very impressive.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10549

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Despite the fact that I was having nice conversations about this game yesterday (having never played it) - it does seem a little odd that this is a constant thing that happens with this game. I don't see Mario Kart fans saying this kind of thing unless they're defending it, or prompted to - at least here on Era anyway. As though praise of this game can't come from its own merit, it has to come from that it's "better than any Mario Kart".

As someone with no nostalgia attached to this game, it certainly doesn't look better than "any Mario Kart" to me (not only visually, but from a gameplay perspective) - but I'm open to trying it.

People will always compare things to something that is more popular and successful. Hack and Slash games will always be compared to Diablo, RPGs will always be compared to Skyrim and Witcher 3, Shooters will always be compared to Call of Duty. Karting games are no exception here, people are comparing CTR to MK because it is the most popular game in the genre.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People will always compare things to something that is more popular and successful. Hack and Slash games will always be compared to Diablo, RPGs will always be compared to Skyrim and Witcher 3, Shooters will always be compared to Call of Duty. Karting games are no exception here, people are comparing CTR to MK because it is the most popular game in the genre.
You're not wrong, but it does seem to be especially prevalent in this case lol.

Oct 26, 2017
From My understanding they do own CTR. It's up in the air what kind of deal they made with activision.

Hopefully no deal, for a change let everyone just enjoy it.

200w.gif

Emilijo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And now all Naughty Dog games released for PlayStation consoles will be playable on PS4.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Buckle up Boys! Buckle Up.
I always thought that trophy was a reference to CTR.
I'm there day 1. I HOPE this will have Split Screen gaming. 4 Player split screen hasn't really been seen on current gen besides Nintendo platforms.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I liked Purra's Temple as a kid, but that's because I was a kid who sucked at racing games and levels like Hot Air Skyway and Papu's Pyramid scared the hell out of me. It took me forever to beat Pinstripe in story mode the first time I played through it.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why does it bother you that people think this is the best kart racer ever?

It bothers me that people have to mention it in every single CTR thread without context. You rarely see anyone mentioning a specific MK game being the best kart racer in a MK thread.

Most CTR threads turn into CTR vs MK war because of comments like that, and again, rarely do a MK thread turn into a MK vs CTR thread.

lwkmd

Oct 29, 2017
banging news although would have preferred an actual current gen sequel / evolution but what can you do

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Curious when this will release in relation to the new Sega Kart racing game because the last one was easily one of the best kart racers i have ever played. I'm also curious how CTR hols up, i was never a crash platformer fan but i do love me a good kart racer.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
CTR best kart racer hands down, come fight me if you disagree. Get yourself a ps that can play CTR and become one of us.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The best kart racer is actually Sonic Transformed, but I'll count that as a win for CTR since it was obviously inspired by it.

Oct 25, 2017
It bothers me that people have to mention it in every single CTR thread without context. You rarely see anyone mentioning a specific MK game being the best kart racer in a MK thread.

Most CTR threads turn into CTR vs MK war because of comments like that, and again, rarely do a MK thread turn into a MK vs CTR thread.
MK threads don't turn into MK vs CTR threads because the folk who think highly of CTR aren't posting in MK threads just to speak on how much they like CTR and challenge those who feel MK is the best.

On the other hand, this thread has a few folk who prefer MK getting agitated at those who prefer CTR in a CTR thread.

Do you see the problem?

Either way, it should not bother you, or anyone else, for someone to say CTR is the best kart racer ever. I mean, Mario Kart isn't even being directly mentioned or trashed in that statement. It says more about the person getting upset.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I worst than MK DD!, so theres that. The really bad one is Nitro Kart, imho
I really didn't like CTTR, the tone and gameplay were a massive turnoff for me. It feels like a completely different game but executive meddling made them turn it into a Crash game last minute.

At least with CNK, I can see some honest to god effort trying to replicate CTR to a T, even if the final product itself is massively flawed.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
You better slow your roll. Double Dash is the pinnacle of the Mario Kart franchise.

While i don't agree with that statement (my favorite one is MK Wii), i was refering to the fact that Crash Tag Team Racing is indeed worst than MK DD :P.

And Nitro Kart is just boring, is slow. Slow as hell!!!!

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MK threads don't turn into MK vs CTR threads because the folk who think highly of CTR aren't posting in MK threads just to speak on how much they like CTR and challenge those who feel MK is the best.

On the other hand, this thread has a few folk who prefer MK getting agitated at those who prefer CTR in a CTR thread.

Do you see the problem?

Either way, it should not bother you, or anyone else, for someone to say CTR is the best kart racer ever. I mean, Mario Kart isn't even being directly mentioned or trashed in that statement. It says more about the person getting upset.

The reason why MK threads never turn into a war zone is because half of the posts aren't randomly "MK is best kart racer ever, come fight me", like all CTR threads. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure what the agenda is from the "CTR is the best kart racer ever" guys. The problem is that they just randomly include it, even though there's no need for it, like in this thread. This thread has nothing to to with MK, but CTR fans just need to tell the world it's best kart racer whenever they have the chance it seems. It's pretty annoying since it derails every single CTR thread.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
The reason why MK threads never turn into a war zone is because half of the posts aren't randomly "MK is best kart racer ever, come fight me", like all CTR threads. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure what the agenda is from the "CTR is the best kart racer ever" guys. The problem is that they just randomly include it, even though there's no need for it, like in this thread. This thread has nothing to to with MK, but CTR fans just need to tell the world it's best kart racer whenever they have the chance it seems. It's pretty annoying since it derails every single CTR thread.
This is pretty much the case for every Crash thread here. You can't scroll down the page without someone tooting their revisionist horn.

Oct 25, 2017
A CTR thread doesn't get derailed by.....talking about CTR. It does not derail until someone cannot handle the opinion that CTR is the best kart racer ever and forces MK (in this circumstance) into the situation.

We can agree to disagree (I won't be responding after this post), but I guess you're going to have a tough time with CTR threads going forward, unfortunately.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I am pretty nostalgic for the original Crash games but I only find them to be alright games at best usually.

CTR though? Absolute masterpiece. One of my all-time favorite games to the point that it has kind of ruined the rest of the karting racer genre for me. They absolutely *have* to nail the gameplay feel or else it will just be a cheap imitation in my mind.

Oct 25, 2017
A CTR thread doesn't get derailed by.....talking about CTR. It does not derail until someone cannot handle the opinion that CTR is the best kart racer ever and forces MK (in this circumstance) into the situation.

We can agree to disagree (I won't be responding after this post), but I guess you're going to have a tough time with CTR threads going forward, unfortunately.
You I feel like you could change the game topic to any game and this post would still be factual. It's why most game threads go to shit on here

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
I dont know too much how did that happen, but sony definitely still owns the CTR IP, other users here already found proof. my guess is activision made a deal with sony so it will be a PS4 timed exclusive for a year before it releases to other platforms.
Huh? Could you show me where there's proof? (Long topic)

Th3BranMan

Nov 8, 2017
Guys, I was a fan of the original CTR but I don't know if this remake is going to hold a candle to Nickelodeon Kart Racers.

Status
Not open for further replies.