• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
MY CHILDHOOD!!!! This and W3 Reforged announced in the same year. What a glorious come back 2019 will be.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
What mazi said, basically.

There was a not-uncommon notion that the original Crash trilogy belonged on PlayStation platforms due to their historical exclusivity. A former Naughty Dog veteran wasn't above that childish nonsense, either.

Wait, that was real? Disgusting. Goes to show that even developers are subject to being immature, selfish fanboys.

Haha I remember that post. It should be a nice reminder for all the people who think people working in this industry cant have any agenda.

I mean, I know certain reviewers and staff on certain websites are biased with agendas but I didn't think a developer would actually write that shit on a public platform, lol.

Anyway, Spyro is practically confirmed at this point.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually totally ok with Spyro being in this now that the Re-Ignited design washed the bad taste of the skylanders design out of my mouth.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I know certain reviewers and staff on certain websites are biased with agendas but I didn't think a developer would actually write that shit on a public platform, lol.

Happens all the time, sadly. I know I've actually decided not to buy games from certain developers anymore based on the behaviour of their employees posting on Era/gaf alone.

Just glad that clown quoted was a former ND employee.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Omg for the longest time I thought this was a remake of the Tag Team racing game where you'd merge with one of the racers lol. I loved that game.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
CTR is fuckin' awesome...but it's also a 19 year old PS1 game, so I'm really hoping that they drop in a few brand new tracks (I'd love to see a tracks specifically based off Crash 2's Turtle Woods and Crash 3's Bone Yard), work in an extra boss race or two, and also add in Tawna Bandicoot, N. Brio, Koala Kong, Baby T( . rex), and a Lab Assistant as new playable characters.
I also hope that they change up the boss characters' static, simplistic intro/outro cutscenes and make them as beautiful and lively as the N. Sane Trilogy's cutscenes.
Without Naughty Dog doing the work I wouldn't want VV messing up a classic. They can make their own average Crash game again rather than touching old stuff.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
I can see an exclusive character for every platform

Spyro on ps4
Banjo on xbox
Diddy? on switch

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I can see an exclusive character for every platform

Spyro on ps4
Banjo on xbox
Diddy? on switch
I've been speculating about the possibility of the Battletoads being added as a team in Team Sonic Racing, but I could see Rash showing up in CTR.

Battletoads seems to be much closer than Banjo to Crash Bandicoot in 'tude levels.

Jak & Daxter makes more sense than Spyro on PS4.

You're on the money with a DK representative on Switch.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
So down. My friends and I have played like 100000 hours of Mario Kart 8 between Wii U and Switch.

We need a new competent kart racer.

Lumaria

Oct 27, 2017
So hyped for this ! I got many nice memories about CTR when i was younger, i just hope the remake will be faithfull to the original.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
CTR was so much fun as a kid, hopefully the announcement has an "and it's available to download now!" though the trophies would have probably leaked by now...

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
CTR was so much fun as a kid, hopefully the announcement has an "and it's available to download now!" though the trophies would have probably leaked by now...

The dice sets each have one dice missing all its sides but the 6, and the other dice adds up to 21, obviously. It's coming out June 21st, I would imagine.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Multi platform Exclusivity is really shitty - I hope this launches everywhere at the same time.

Oct 25, 2017
Without Naughty Dog doing the work I wouldn't want VV messing up a classic. They can make their own average Crash game again rather than touching old stuff.
They did really well in capturing the cleverness and challenge with their own original stage, Future Tense in the Trilogy. If anything, reconstructing the original CTR from the ground up would enable them better than anyone to understand what makes a great CTR track. I would however leave it as the last thing you unlock, to experience the original game in it's intended format.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'm still wondering if it'll just be a new kart racer with Crash rather than a CTR remake. Purely for publishing's sake.

I'm under the impression it's gonna be more akin to a "Deluxe" than a "remaster". Remade ground up but new content, I'd imagine. I can't imagine they won't try to rework the Crash Nitro Kart tracks since they literally have them laying around.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
So I have a funny CTR story I don't tell much. I tested this game at Sony back in the late 90's. Internally Naughty Dog started a contest where whoever had the best track times in CTR would have their times put in game in the best track times/end of race thingie that pops up.

Sony had 2 QA shifts so the competition started there with me on the day shift and a day vs night rivalry ensued. I decimated not only both shifts times but also everyone at Naughty Dog as well and they ended canceling the contest because of this, apparently pissed off lol.

Needless to say I fucking love this game and they better do it justice if this is real!

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
it will never come close to Mario Kart but it's still very enjoyable, i just wish i had friends who wanted to play this with me :(

Oct 25, 2017
So I have a funny CTR story I don't tell much. I tested this game at Sony back in the late 90's. Internally Naughty Dog started a contest where whoever had the best track times in CTR would have their times put in game in the best track times/end of race thingie that pops up.

Sony had 2 QA shifts so the competition started there with me on the day shift and a day vs night rivalry ensued. I decimated not only both shifts times but also everyone at Naughty Dog as well and they ended canceling the contest because of this, apparently pissed off lol.

Needless to say I fucking love this game and they better do it justice if this is real!
Goddamn, you must have been good! I suppose it wouldn't have been fair to include times that not even the developers themselves could beat.

Still must have been cool to QA for an original Crash game back then. Any other stories/interesting bugs from that time?

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Goddamn, you must have been good! I suppose it wouldn't have been fair to include times that not even the developers themselves could beat.

Still must have been cool to QA for an original Crash game back then. Any other stories/interesting bugs from that time?

Yeah it was a fun time. I was able to use some tricks too which they probably didn't like. For example, can't temember the track name, but it was a jungle/temple theme and there was a place on the track where you could hop onto a stone pillar on the left side of track, and could then hop off on the other side cutting out like half the track. There weren't too many options like that but the few I found gave me some stellar track times.

Also tested Crash 3 warped before that and that was a blast. This was back when I had no idea who Naughty Dog was but intently fell in love with both games and ND in general.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
I don't know you guys but i'm SUPER EXCITED! This game is my fucking childhood, the only kart racing game, next to Sonic Transformed which I spent so many fucking hours playing and having fun.

I'm so fucking happy right now guys, and I shouldn't because I may end disappointed with my overhyped status right now!

P.S: Sorry for saying "fuck" so many times.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
They did really well in capturing the cleverness and challenge with their own original stage, Future Tense in the Trilogy. If anything, reconstructing the original CTR from the ground up would enable them better than anyone to understand what makes a great CTR track. I would however leave it as the last thing you unlock, to experience the original game in it's intended format.
That was just one level and a mishmash of what had already been created. I suppose they could do a few mishmash levels but I feel making a good racing circuit is harder than a platforming level. I wouldn't trust them with their own unique levels and they've already made crappy Crash Kart Racing games.

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
Was initially wary that it was Beenox doing it, (though I'm not sure how much you can glean from their developmental portfolio and its shortcomings since this is a from-the-ground-up remake following an already-defined bluepoint) but they at least have some experience with Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing, which did well critically.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

What? :V

Was initially wary that it was Beenox doing it, (though I'm not sure how much you can glean from their developmental portfolio and its shortcomings since this is a from-the-ground-up remake following an already-defined bluepoint) but they at least have some experience with Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing, which did well critically.

They seem really competent and like they did what they were able with the budgets they were given, with Spiderman. They're also apparently a strong support and port house lately for Activision. I think this will be their "big break" with the general public much like how VV's popularity rose with NST.

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
They seem really competent and like they did what they were able with the budgets they were given, with Spiderman. They're also apparently a strong support and port house lately for Activision. I think this will be their "big break" with the general public much like how VV's popularity rose with NST.

You're right -- to a lesser extent it was the same when it was revealed that Toys for Bob was doing Spyro and niggling issues aside that was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.