• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I knew that Era would have such a topic, with over 1000 posts. I just knew. Here is my hot RLM take.
I like RLM despite seeing all sorts of problems with their content. Some are basic Hollywood facts, like how a film profit is calculated. They constantly explain it wrong. Is say less Jay and have no deep-rooted problems with Mike to comment on that one.

Fuck you, it's January! is in full swing this year when I look into this year´s release schedule. That observation will by my personal RLM legacy. Their best video btw:

PS: The Nerd Crew is unwatchable to me. Valid point, trash execution. I only survived one full ep.

I read this post twice and have no idea what it means.

Also, no, this is not the official RLM thread, if you even cared to address the OP, you'd realize it's about their problematic content.

Are you going to comment on any of the OP beyond "I like them despite their problems" and plugging for them?

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I talked about them in that topic. You can go into my timeline from yesterday and look. Did I start it? I may have. Their review also showed up in the TROS topic a few times. Having a quick google as it all read pretty weirdly, reading the first and last page here and reading the Discussion Guidelines explained a lot.

PS: I like Boyhood but many of their jokes about it were funny. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Boyega thread has nothing to do with RLM but you still managed to post a huge list about how important RLM is, how there are academic papers written about their reviews, and how Disney and Lucasfilm are totally listening to them because they're so important.

At the very least you sound like a complete shill.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
And was flooded with @. A response to no one in particular.
Sorry that I was in the wrong topic (the difference between forum and hangout is how I got here via google). Still, I contributed in the first post by saying that I see some weird signs but nothing that looks like deep-rooted bigotry to me. They come off like middle-aged Caucasian Americans on YT to me.
Well, I revived the topic by happenstance. Have a go at it! A final post in this one unless RLM goes nuclear one day and I am still here:

You could go back to their Prequel Reviews to look at the problematic stances they take. Someone may have already pointed out what I mean. One of the 3 goes over why Samuel L. Jackson was cast in them. I got Mike´s argument and see nothing racist in the way he framed it, especially is it come off like the analysis it is, but I must say that I would have slammed the breaks if I stumbled over a reviewer who is noted for having a stance against black representation in media.
I actually know one but he ain´t being advertised by me. Piece out.

Edit: Finding it was fast. This video:

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
And was flooded with @. A response to no one in particular.
Sorry that I was in the wrong topic (the difference between forum and hangout is how I got here via google). Still, I contributed in the first post by saying that I see some weird signs but nothing that looks like deep-rooted bigotry to me. They come off like middle-aged Caucasian Americans on YT to me.
Well, I revived the topic by happenstance. Have a go at it! A final post in this one unless RLM goes nuclear one day and I am still here:

You could go back to their Prequel Reviews to look at the problematic stances they take. Someone may have already pointed out what I mean. One of the 3 goes over why Samuel L. Jackson was cast in them. I got Mike´s argument and see nothing racist in the way he framed it, especially is it come off like the analysis it is, but I must say that I would have slammed the breaks if I stumbled over a reviewer who is noted for having a stance against black representation in media.
I actually know one but he ain´t being advertised by me. Piece out.
This has always been a poor excuse.

Also, yeah, their PT reviews often suffer from the same issues. Which is why the take "they've changed recently" (from other posters) is.. not exactly true. I think they just realized that there's a booming crowd who enjoys seeing that kind of content.