• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7373

This just made me realize that at some point cryptocurrency is going to be the new company scrip.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ScreenShot804.jpg

I expect this is as far as he gets.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Take me hooooooome
Country roooooooad
To the place
I can mine bitcooooooooin
Not west Virginia, but Nevada
Take me hoooooome
Take me hoooooome

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So.... did he think about where his water will come from?

Edit: Already mentioned, but dumb, given our current climate outlook....

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
do these investors genuinely believe that "the blockchain" is some magical eldritch force capable of miracles beyond human comprehension, or are they on some level self-aware about how they're just abusing the latest buzzword?

did anyone ever try to argue that non-relational databases are going to solve world hunger on their own, or something equally absurd?

People that got lucky to be early in on a pyramid scheme are bad at money, whoda thought

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
... Because rich white people ain't living in enough utopias? Ha! The sprawling golf resorts I've seen say otherwise.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
These tech guys think blockchain solves all problems, it's insane. There was a report the other day about how blockchain will magically solve climate control because reasons. They tried to explain and it amounted to a new way to handle carbon accounting.
We can track the carbon usage from the source to end use so people will....

Use less....

Somehow?

Anyway as everything's going to be on the Blockchain does that mean we can watch this crash and burn as it happens, one hilarious transaction at a time?

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
These tech guys think blockchain solves all problems, it's insane. There was a report the other day about how blockchain will magically solve climate control because reasons. They tried to explain and it amounted to a new way to handle carbon accounting.

Is it actually "tech guys" though? I have a hard time believing that anyone who actually does anything remotely related to data processing for a living would be so gung-ho about blockchain, aka "databases but worse."