• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YakuzaArk92

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User warned: violation of our rules concerning self-promotion.
NEW PREMIERE Yakuza Locations Tour 2017 - A Documentary series comparing Kabukicho, Tokyo to Kamurocho, Tokyo

Uploaded: March 17, 2018

EPISODE 1:

November, 2017 - I travelled to back Kabukicho, Tokyo to film a follow-up documentary series to last years Yakuza Locations Tour 2016. Yakuza Locations Tour 2016 received critical acclaim from gamers, the fans and Sega. Yakuza Locations Tour 2017 is a documentary series comparing between real-life Kabukicho Tokyo to the fictionalized Kamurocho Tokyo featured in the main Yakuza series by Sega.

To celebrate my sixth year anniversary on YouTube, this is my tribute to the Yakuza (龍が如く) franchise and the amazingly talented team at Sega.

Thank you everyone for watching my videos on YouTube. Your continuous support for the past six years has given me the motivation to keep making better videos on YouTube.

This video was a labor of love, made by a fan for the fans.

Tune in every Saturday for new episodes!

Yakuza Locations Tour 2017 EPISODE 2:

Uploaded: March 24, 2018

In this episode, I visited Nadai Fujisoba「名代 富士そば」: a popular Japanese restaurant chain serving an assortment of signature Japanese buckwheat noodles.

In November 2017, SEGA announced a special collaboration and tie-in with Nadai Fujisoba. Customers can order a bowl of 'Red' Fujisoba「赤富士そば」for just ¥500. Available for a limited-time only!

This year, they've added more spice and chilli peppers to the recipe representing both Ryuji Goda (The Dragon of Kansai) and Kazuma Kiryu (The Dragon of Dojima) respectively. FEEL THE HEAT!

OP
OP

YakuzaArk92

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza Locations Tour 2017 EPISODE 3 :

Uploaded: March 31, 2018

In this episode, I visited the Manboo Netroom (マンボーネットルーム) in Kabukicho, Tokyo. Manboo is a 24hr internet cafe containing a four-square meter box with a TV screen and computer. Tourists spend an hour or two just for the experience, but there are thousands who spend their lives in them.

A Manboo equivalent exists in Yakuza 6 - mantai Internet cafe. One of the new Play Spots in Yakuza 6 is the Mantai LiveChat. Having little to no technical prowess, Kazuma Kiryu will enter an online chat room with the other online users who login for a good time. An AV Idol will appear on screen reading instant messages of her viewers. When Kiryu types a playful message in sequence, the more 'comfortable' she'll be!

Yakuza Locations Tour 2017 EPISODE 4:

Uploaded: April 7, 2018

After receiving so many requests over the years, I've finally documented my visit at the Shinjuku Golden Gai.

The Shinjuku Golden Gai which served as a basis for the design of the game's Champion District area, consists of narrow alleys and passageways with hundreds of shanty-style bars and restaurants.

Located right above Taihei Boulevard East in Kamurocho, a lot of significant story elements and sub-stories take place right here.

OP
OP

YakuzaArk92

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza Locations Tour 2017 Series FINALE:

Uploaded: April 14, 2018

n the series finale, I bid farewell to Tokyo. I visited the newly opened Sega Shinjuku Kabukicho. Kazuma Kiryu himself makes a brief appearance in this episode talking about the game center itself.

On December 1st, 2017, Sega Shinjuku Kabukicho held a special Yakuza Kiwami 2 pre-launch event for fans to purchase various Ryu ga Gotoku memorabilia. These items are exclusive to Club SEGA and not sold anywhere else.

I also visited the "mecca of all things electronics, gaming and anime" : Akihabara. I talked about some of the classic SEGA arcade titles that were playable in past games and new ones that are playable for the first time in Yakuza Kiwami 2 (Virtual On).

Towards the end of the episode, you will see a montage showcasing the evolution of CLUB SEGA in all the Yakuza games released so far.

That concludes the Yakuza Locations Tour series. Since November 2012, November 2016 and November 2017 I've provided over 50 Location Tour videos and shared my passion about the franchise on YouTube.

I feel incredibly honored to have been featured on various gaming publications: Game Informer, Destructoid, CTRL Gamer and EpicNetwork.

Game Informer: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...real-life-locations-in-the-yakuza-series.aspx

Destructoid: https://www.destructoid.com/new-vid...-real-life-yakuza-game-locations-496260.phtml

CTRL Gamer/EPICNETWORK (Spanish): http://myepicnet.com/entry/una-nueva-serie-de-videos-investiga-las-locaciones-de-yakuza

Sayonara resetera.

Deleted member 19024

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome vids...I've seen some of them before and really enjoyed the comparisons. Now we gotta find a way to get you to Okinawa and Osaka ;-)

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
As stated in the FAQ:

Self-Promotion & Spam: Do not create threads featuring links to products or services that you have a direct involvement in. Users are welcome and encouraged to post in already existing threads about a product or service that they are involved in (including links that are specifically relevant to the thread) so that they may engage with the community. Please note that this policy also applies to verified users on ResetEra

Spam of any kind is not allowed on ResetEra. This refers to malware and phishing content, referral links, self-promotion and abuse of the post or private message system.

Status
Not open for further replies.