• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jul 18, 2018
Waiting on reports saying Gwyneth Paltrow is the mastermind behind this and claims she created this time of fitness first

marimo

Oct 25, 2017
Would love it if one of the Maasai was an anthropologist studying this strange cultural spectacle.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot to unpack here, but let's just throw away the suitcase to be sure.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Stand there and watch supermodels do yoga? If the Kenyans are getting paid to be there and are fine with it, I can't get too worked up about it.

Juices

alt account
Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Holy shit white people. This is embarrassing and frustrating at the same time I want to cry. Ugh.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
The Kenyans we're probably laughing their asses off at stupid Americans.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
aocaktm.gif

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So skinny bitches flew to Kenya to crab walk around native people. This is bizarre.

Don't google the extremely expensive and luxurious vacations where well meaning but oblivious white people go "build houses " for poor third world people.

We know someone who did that and uh, even their version of events was stunning.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Just looked at that instagram...all those squats and no gains. But this is gross. What's sad/funny about this is that it's fairly easy to find locals to do this as tourist tend to pay up relatively high amounts of money for activities like this. Can't blame the locals for getting paid. Whether white people look racist or ridiculous doing this is none of their concern.

Handicapped Duck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Wasting all that money to fly to another continent just to crab walk...Hope the native people were paid good money for clearly exploitive behavior from the fitness coach. Better yet, I hope the native people were snickering at our weird-ass workout/dance routines.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Just looked at that instagram...all those squats and no gains. But this is gross. What's sad/funny about this is that it's fairly easy to find locals to do this as tourist tend to pay up relatively high amounts of money for activities like this. Can't blame the locals for getting paid. Whether white people look racist or ridiculous doing this is none of their concern.
Yeah, the treatment of the locals is awkward, disrespectful, and racist...but this seems like a pretty easy way to make a paycheck. I mean they're just standing there watching.

Do we know if the locals were getting money for this though? Nothing in the article seemed to indicate so.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Don't google the extremely expensive and luxurious vacations where well meaning but oblivious white people go "build houses " for poor third world people.

We know someone who did that and uh, even their version of events was stunning.

This sounds like a thread. As for the OP, that looks like something out of the Onion.

Why would people think this is a) a good idea and b) something of value?

At least with attempts to build homes, I could see well meaning folks thinking it is like Habitat for Humanity.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Disgusting. How fucking trash do you have to be to even come up with something this offensive.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how many of these students returned home and immediately posted on Facebook about how "it was an amazing experience" and "the world is such an incredible, diverse place!"

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This is peak millennial capitalism. Paying to learn to be an instagram model.