• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Every now and then I feel like I'm missing out by being completely unfamiliar with superhero stuff.

Then shit like this happens and I stop worrying.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
If the Comments in the picture is supposedly "triggered MCU fanboys"...
Click bait at its worst.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Kinda feel like articles being made about these pieces of shit being pieces of shit serves no purpose.

Everyone could predict what the comments section would be like without reading it.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Ok look I get this is just a bit of fun but she's a brand ambassador for the MCU and part of that job is respecting the lore of the franchise, and clearly Captain Marvel would not be worthy of lifting Mjolnir and I think this is quite frankly insulting and disrespectful to the fans like myself and furthermore my penis is a very normal shape and size and works really well thank you very much

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Okay my bad. Captain America still did. And no one cared. I think thor had a backup hammer or something? Captain America is just some roided up dude. What's the big deal?
"Captain America is just some roided up dude. What's the big deal?"

That is quite literally one of the worst takes I have ever seen on Era that is related to the MCU.

Like holy shit.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
"Captain America is just some roided up dude. What's the big deal?"

That is quite literally one of the worst takes I have ever seen on Era that is related to the MCU.

Like holy shit.
Well he had some chemicals (maybe steroids) pumped into him back in the day. He wasn't born with these powers. If steroids can help lift the hammer why shouldn't advanced alien super powers?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why but "No you're not, that's a prop," made me lose it, lol. It's like a kid seeing Santa at a mall and going "Nu-uh! If you were the real Santa then why aren't you in the North Pole getting ready?"

Well he had some chemicals (maybe steroids) pumped into him back in the day. He wasn't born with these powers. If steroids can help lift the hammer why shouldn't advanced alien super powers?
The steroids aren't what make him worthy.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Okay my bad. Captain America still did. And no one cared. I think thor had a backup hammer or something? Captain America is just some roided up dude. What's the big deal?
"Cap did and no one cared". Lol so your terrible takes extend to movies as well? There was a payoff by him finally wielding it, as evidenced by Thor's excitement.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, wtf? Everyone cared that Cap lifted it, it was one of the highlights of the movie! He's also not just some dude, he's a virtuous person, which is part of why he is able to lift it.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

It's not strength that lifts the hammer.

Hulk couldn't even budge the hammer when he tried to lift it in Avengers 1 when they were fighting on the Helicarrier.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Steroids isn't why he was able to lift the hammer. Strength has literally nothing to do with it and this was shown throughout the MCU.

Gustaf was right. You are not very good at watching movies.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017

You are aware that lifting the hammer has nothing to do with physical strength, right?

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You are aware that lifting the hammer has nothing to do with physical strength, right?
No, I didn't know that. Which film was that explained in? This is ten plus years of info we have to remember

Regardless, apologize for the derail. I really didn't know why ppl were doubting that capt marvel could lift it when others have before.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not the hammer, but Thanos grabs Stormbreaker out of the air and tries to push it into Thor during the final fight. I'm assuming it operates under the same rules as the hammer?

Thor's hammer (hammers?) have a weird loophole where they can be used against him if he's still holding onto it

No, I didn't know that. Which film was that explained in? This is ten plus years of info we have to remember

Regardless, apologize for the derail. I really didn't know why ppl were doubting that capt marvel could lift it when others have before.
Thor 1 and Avengers 1. Thor puts the hammer on Loki's chest so he can't get up because he can't lift it off of him, and Hulk tries to pick it up to use against Thor but it wouldn't budge

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Thor
Avengers 1
Avengers 2
Avengers 4

Not the hammer, but Thanos grabs Stormbreaker out of the air and tries to push it into Thor during the final fight. I'm assuming it operates under the same rules as the hammer?

Stormbreaker doesn't have that enchantment. That enchantment was bestowed by Odin, who was already dead when Stormbreaker was forged.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017

All the worthiness stuff in the Thor and avenger films. Like in Avengers 2 no one could make it move, aside from Captain America.

Oct 25, 2017
The Extremely Selfless And Not Cocky At All Thor

The fact people still don't understand Mjolnir is not about being a good person still is impressive

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
What a bunch of nerds

"nooooo it doesn't count! it's a prop!"

Just get off the internet lmao
Those fanboys are some kind of delusional.
All the worthiness stuff in the Thor and avenger films. Like in Avengers 2 no one could make it move, aside from Captain America.
The problem is that Thor 1 set a pretty low bar for what is considered "worthy". All Thor needs to do to regain his worthiness is to stop treating the hammer like his birthright and act in a selfless and self-sacrificial manner, which is something most superheroes do as a part of their start.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I mean, it isn't exactly news that there's a certain segment of Marvel fans that are going to be enraged by literally anything Brie Larson does.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Brie is a fucking champ.

Giving us an entertaining movie, and continuing to entertain us with fanboy tears before the sequel.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Ok look I get this is just a bit of fun but she's a brand ambassador for the MCU and part of that job is respecting the lore of the franchise, and clearly Captain Marvel would not be worthy of lifting Mjolnir and I think this is quite frankly insulting and disrespectful to the fans like myself and furthermore my penis is a very normal shape and size and works really well thank you very much

The last comment it's absolutely fucking hilarious in the face of how Thor is in the MCU.

Even funnier because she kicked Thanos's butt until he used the Power Stone.