• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
SeriousUnhealthyFish-size_restricted.gif
If you knew me you would have seen it coming

(I do that alot lol)

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Lol really? But Natalie Portman is the new thor. I didn't see people raging about that.
... to have nearly 13,000 posts on this forum and not understand the gist of Thor, his hammer, or Captain Marvel and the nerdmuck's reaction to her would require a determined, deliberate ignorance that would keep you out of a thread like this, if it were possible at all.

okp66FD.gif

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
No, I didn't know that. Which film was that explained in? This is ten plus years of info we have to remember

Regardless, apologize for the derail. I really didn't know why ppl were doubting that capt marvel could lift it when others have before.

Don't sweat it. I don't know why they didn't just tell you that it's about virtue, not power. Instead those posters went passive-aggressive as hell for no reason at all. It's funny how easily some MCU fans make themselves look bad in a thread about just that.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No, I didn't know that. Which film was that explained in? This is ten plus years of info we have to remember

Regardless, apologize for the derail. I really didn't know why ppl were doubting that capt marvel could lift it when others have before.

Back in the original. It is quite literal. The hammer chooses who gets to wield it, in the same way Excalibur chooses who gets to be the king of England.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok look I get this is just a bit of fun but she's a brand ambassador for the MCU and part of that job is respecting the lore of the franchise, and clearly Captain Marvel would not be worthy of lifting Mjolnir and I think this is quite frankly insulting and disrespectful to the fans like myself and furthermore my penis is a very normal shape and size and works really well thank you very much

t3qkhrohrh321.jpg

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Don't sweat it. I don't know why they didn't just tell you that it's about virtue, not power. Instead those posters went passive-aggressive as hell for no reason at all. It's funny how easily some MCU fans make themselves look bad in a thread about just that.

I dunno man, maybe it's just frustrating to have people tell you how terrible these films are only to then have people also reveal that they weren't paying attention to the films at all.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno man, maybe it's just frustrating to have people tell you how terrible these films are only to then have people also reveal that they weren't paying attention to the films at all.

Sure, but he was questioning why it's such a big deal for those manbabies that Brie can lift it when other people like Cap did too. He didn't at all imply that the movies are terrible, he simply had forgotten how it works and was asking for an explanation. No idea why you took that as an attack on the films.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Braaier, how can you possibly be in an MCU thread, having seen Endgame, have a Spider-Man avatar, and not know that that only the worthy can lift mjolnir? You have to be trolling everyone.

This isn't even esoteric nerd knowledge. It's central to the character, and has been touched on in multiple films.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Geez these must be the worst people to ave at a party. You could tell a joke, and everyone would laugh but then there's that one guy who goes on about what realistically would happen.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Why was Thor worthy of lifting Thor's hammer?

It's worth noting that, prior to the events of the first Thor movie, there was no enchantment on Mjolnir and anybody could lift it, so for all of that time, Thor wasn't worthy - it just didn't matter.

But then he learned humility and attempted to sacrifice himself for the good of others, so Mjolnir recognized his worthiness and returned to him. Assuming Mjolnir is going to be brought back for good, there's no reason Carol wouldn't be able to lift it - there are a ton of parallels between her attitude and temperament and Thor's. That's why he says "I like this one" in Endgame - they're the same kinda person.

Anywho, the only thing here that even matters is that a buncha internet assholes got their underwear twisted. Thanks, Captain Marvel!

What's so special about lifting it exactly? It's not the fucking sword in the stone. Captain America lifted it in the last movie. I think thanos did at one point too.

Thanos caught Stormbreaker, which isn't enchanted. Vision, Cap, and presumably Odin were the only characters that could feasibly lift Mjolnir, that we know of. Oh, and I guess Jane Foster is going to, though I'm still curious to see if it's really gonna be Mjolnir or if they're going to give her a hammer of her own. I hope it's Mjolnir - her bond with the hammer was a really cool part of The Mighty Thor.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Hope they're fast-tracking Cap Marvel 2. I need me some Carol/Kamala shenanigans ASAP.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When will this woman and her uppity body language stop causing trouble.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Era pointing fingers at angry tweets posted by what are probably very young children. Some of you are to be laughed at as much as them to be honest.

Nobody pointing fingers thinks they're young children.

As it is, yes, there's nothing in the films that suggests Marvel would or would not be able to lift the hammer either way. Maybe she has the rather vaguely defined willingness to sacrifice herself to save others that seemed to make Thor worthy in the climax of Thor 1 (and also matches cap/visions actions in the following films). It's never come up in her few appearances in the MCU.

But the hammer doesn't actually matter, because what is setting the section of losers we cringe at off is because she's a strong woman also playing a strong woman in media and they hate anything that reminds them of that.