Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I used to play this floppy disc game with a side perspective where you spelled out words to make a diver swim further down to collect some type of treasure, pretty sure it was DOS. I can not find the game anywhere. I don't know if it was some homemade game that I happened to come across or what, I was super young.

Another is Monopoly (1995) for PC. It had an amazing soundtrack and was fun to play and really captures what PC gaming was at that time.

barbarash22

Oct 19, 2019
I'm sure it remember trying to replay it and had a hard time with having to switch between movement and investigation modes all the time? I'll try again then!

Maybe cumbersome is a more appropriate word?

Did you know you can play Realms of the Haunting essentially one-handed with just the main two mouse buttons?
You can walk forwards/backwards by just holding the right mouse button and move the mouse a little in the respective direction?
I don't remember how pratical this is with a mouse, but with a trackball (can't use a mouse anymore for almost 20 years) for me this is one of the best and most intuitive control methods ever.
Also it's kind of relaxing for such a creepy game to control it this way, while just laying back in a comfy seat.
Only when things get hectic or if I want to look up or down I use the keyboard, but that doesn't happen often.

Mar 17, 2024