Staf

Nov 7, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
My game is Dragon age: Inquisition. Haven't played it for a few years until recently when i started a new character on PS5. I just love that game to bits! I can clearly see why people would dislike it but i just love the story, characters and combat so much i'm not bothered by the faults.

So ERA, what are some games that you love that you feel ERA dislikes or is lukewarm on in general?

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Code Vein. That game slaps. Awesome combat, pretty good and varied level design, good bosses. Just skip the story and you got a very competent Souls clone. It sure as hell is better than the German sci-fi Soulslike I once tried.

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars movie.

Oh wait, games. Does The Phantom Pain count or is that just a vocal minority?

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I would assume Era is lukewarm on Star Wars Superemcy/Rebellion (those who have even played it) - most reviewers were back in the day. And it's understandable because ship combat was a mess (so I always used the auto resolve option). But the diplomacy/resource management side is super fun.

7qjnLxC.jpg

Palps bitching at me that it was my fault his diplomacy mission failed was always hilarious

BlandrewYT

Nov 27, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I love that game so much. Everything from the combat, the world, the music, and characters (still my favorite cast of Nintendo characters) was just great. Performance wasn't the best no doubt. Wish they could've gotten it running like Yorna and XC1 Definitive, but it wasn't enough to take me out of the experience. It was getting a lot of flack for characters designs and for being "too anime" but I didn't have a problem with either. I actually liked how anime it was at times.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
814qfBHBGLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Screw you ERA, this is a great game!

Origami King, on the other hand, was an "Ok-ish" game in my opinion.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Sunless Skies and Where the Water Tastes Like Wine. The latter especially a great collection of stories and a game about how stories snowball. I know it's got glaring problems, but I love it goddamnit.

Torment: Tides of Numenera is another one that I really loved but almost never gets mentioned on Era, and even so, is mostly relegated to an inferior successor to Planescape: Torment.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
The Evil Within, I know some here like it but most tend to prefer the sequel. I absolutely loved that game, it was probably in my top 10 for the entire generation and the poster game for why I should never go by metacritic scores to decide what I'll like.

Also MGSV, there seems to be negative words said about all the time here but I got a lot out of it.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Final Fantasy XV

I do hate how crucial plot points and character arcs are cut off into post game DLC scenarios, but other than that I think it's a solid 8.5/10 game. Oh and Luna being a nothing character.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly a bunch of the games I play. It really seems like 7/10 games are usually seen as shitty horrible games that should've never been made.

I really enjoyed my time with the first Watch Dogs. Also liked most of Agents of Mayhem, I think I'm one of 12 people who've played it on here.
Also loved most of my time with the first Yooka Laylee. It was just what I wanted in a one-of-those platformers.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Many Xbox exclusives fall into this subject that made me sad.
To point out few examples: Recore, Tell Me Why, Gears Tactics, The Medium (timed exclusive on Xbox, hope it can turns some ERA's opinion when it will launch on Playstation in few months) and many many more.
(This is NOT a console fanboism response. I really like these games, but they are exclusive to a platform that stands in the 3rd place in the market, so I think many ERA overlooked them.)

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
A lot of the stuff I like isn't so much 'disliked' or gains a 'lukewarm' reaction. That would imply that people knew enough about it to have a reaction, it's often indifference about more obscure stuff that doesn't get past page 2 :D

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The better question for me would be 'A game you dislike that ERA loves'.

For the OP's question, I guess Final Fantasy VIII? It's not super disliked on here and has actually over the years gained a more vocal fanbase but there's still a select group of people on here that just go out of their way to shit on it.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Where can I access this ERA motherframe and ask it about its desires and preferences?

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
It wasn't unti I opened a thread about the Luigi's Mansion Series that I learned that Era hates Luigi's Mansion 2.

seriously, what the fuck?

you may as well just post "I hate good games"

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Tales of Zestiria, it's basically the only Tales game I've played to completion because of the story and characters (I finished Graces too but that was probably more down to the gameplay being fun). Without prior knowledge of the behind-the-scenes drama I didn't even notice the Alisha/Rose switcheroo that still riles folks up.

I also wouldn't say I loved FF: Type-0 but it gets a lot of hate. Still has one of the emotionally strongest endings in gaming, IMO.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Jak 2 for sure. It still baffles me how people can hate that so much, yet be fine with Jak 3, which effectively triples down on everything that made them hate Jak 2 lol.
Sonic 2 Master System is another one. Easily a top 5 Sonic game, and it has an incredible soundtrack, but people don't like it because they played the crappy version. It's like me saying Sonic 1 is bad because I played it on a GBA instead of Mega Drive.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If you made a poll, most of these answers would have more likes than dislikes, some by far.

FF15, for instance, was in our top ten GOTY...

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Astral Chain - not saying it's completely hated, I mean it's probably 50/50 on here, but it's my GOTG so far. Hands down easily one of the best games I have ever played. So that doom and gloom thread about Platinum games was very weird for me to read.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
Oh yeah, The Order: 1886 was a good game. If it was sold at $40 it'd have been received a lot better.