• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2758.jpg

That's some serious fight...
giphy.gif

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Dark Souls II. It's an excellent game, just because it does things different doesn't make it this steaming pile of garbage people think it is.

Breath of the Wild, not that it needs me to defend it. You're playing it wrong if you hoard your weapons or if you think you can't do anything in the rain.

Sep 14, 2019
I'm not sure I have one. At least not one where it's recent enough in my mind to justify defending it. I'm too critical even of games I like. I can find a flaw in most games. Though I might still argue if it's a particular point I don't agree on. I really wish I had that one game I could see as perfect, or so near perfect I couldn't complain lol.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
None. Everything has flaws, I will acknowledge them at the same time I will praise games and the elements that are worthy of praising. I will get irrational whenever people shit on highly acclaimed games and say it's objectively shit because it doesn't align with what they think a good game should be. Or whenever people just downplay entire western gaming or AAA gaming

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Persona 1 and 2 are the best ones and yeah.
Chrono trigger is the best game ever made and has never even been approached by another and if u say otherwise fuck your mom and dad

Xenogears is perfect and disc 2 made it even more perfect.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find RE4 and Shadow of the colossus to be basically perfect games. I can't think of ways to make them better, they're just perfect for me. I also have a friend who dislikes both of those games and i will never in my life be able to understand.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I'm too lazy for that.

I can make a comment or two but after I'm just "who cares"

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
I'd defend any game I like, but obviously people are allowed to have different opinions.

Maybe Mario Sunshine fits the topic best. It's quite hated, but to me it's one of the all-time greatest and I could argue for it if needed.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Breath of Fire for sure. A series that has earned a sequel like years ago, but they still didn't manage to give us something after Dragons Quarter.

Dark Souls II. The best souls game ever made.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Xenoblade 1, BOTW, Pokemon Black and White, and some Fire Emblem games (Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance and Three Houses most of all).

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Skyward Sword, always. It's the best 3D Zelda imo and nothing will ever make me change my mind. All the backlash it still gets actually makes me nervous that a remaster could ruin it for me if they decide to "fix" stuff like they did with Majora's Mask 3D.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Metroid Other M. I loved the hell out of it. Only game I beat numerous times in every difficulty.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Phantasy Star Online was the best pound-for-pound online gaming experience ever.

Nov 1, 2017
I used to have one, but I gave up. The only time it's ever mentioned on here is when someone shits on it. I show my enthusiasm elsewhere lol.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Motorstorm series.
My favorite racing games ever.
I'm currently replaying the first game again,it's still as thrilling as ever and the AI is still fucking nuts.They would never get away with that these days,lol.

RedGator

Nov 7, 2017
I don't really fight it, I'm just quietly annoyed, but Zelda's, Metal Gear's and Final Fantasy's make me feel this way. I have a friend who is really unfamiliar with and dismissive of Zelda games, and it's a bit irritating when he sings the praises of Zelda-likes.

Japanese games too. I have two friends who are very passionate about games unless they're Japanese. I was poked fun at for playing a "weeb game" after talking about Nier: Automata.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
Detroit: become human.

It's buried under a pile of David cage hate and it makes me so sad.
It's one of the most intense game I've ever play, I've rarely been so invested in the fate of my characters. The branching narrative is unmatched and the production value is up there with the best of the best.

I've "forced" some friends around me to play it and they all loved it. It was very entertaining to talk about our individual playthroughs because they were drastically different from one another.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
If you don't like Gears of War you are wrong, have bad taste in video games, and probably like bad movies and music too.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Game gets absolutely destroyed by critics yet there are a lot of fans for good reason.

Pokemon Black/White. The Pokemon, the region, the sequel. THE ABSOLUTE PEAK OF THE SERIES! FUCKING FIGHT ME IF YOU DISAGREE!

have you ever had to defend that game? its like the one the most people seem to say is the best, especially on this forum.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Game gets absolutely destroyed by critics yet there are a lot of fans for good reason.

have you ever had to defend that game? its like the one the most people seem to say is the best, especially on this forum.
Oh they're here... One of them is in this very topic.... But yeah based on various topics here Gen 5 is usually the favorite.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Gran Turismo 5

When everything taken into account, it remains the most amazing racing game ever made.

Dude come on lol

That thing took forever to develop and we got over 80% of the cars and almost half the maps from old games that looks like shit and mind you, no cockpit view or dynamic damage for those old models.

Till this day, thinking about GT5 pisses me off so much, NOT because I didn't like it, it was great and I spent countless hours racing in night mode. It was also the best looking racing game of that time. But the fact that we had to wait so much to get what we got, I can not comprehend. And at time I also read how much Polyphony Digital has spent in development. For life of me I can not understand where did all the money go.

So its actually the contrary to what you said, game is great if you look at it in a vacume but if everything is taken into account it just doesn't hold up

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
seeing people talk about Persona 5, RE4, MGS 2, and Skyrim here is hilarious

aren't those games critically acclaimed and widely loved by the public?

anyway, my pick is FFXV which is kinda divisive I guess