• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone easily. If not for the early overly negative reviews on top of the bad perception the game had already, it would be loved or at least liked a lot here. I think it's one of the best games this year. Deacon is a great character that I think people here who haven't would appreciate. It's a great mix of both story/cinematic sony stuff, but also "gamey" stuff.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Devil's Third. Sure, the game has a lot of valid criticisms(frame rate,graphics etc.), but god was the multiplayer fantastically broken in such a fun way(like MVC2). If given the proper treatment on another console and not set out to die at release on the Wii U, I think we'd have seen another Devil's Third or some continuation of it. They did re-release the multiplayer component of the game for steam (Rockshot) with improved graphics back in 2018 but then shut the servers down over the summer of that year. Wish I got a chance to play that version.

Puffball

Jan 16, 2018
Devil's Third. Sure, the game has a lot of valid criticisms(frame rate,graphics etc.), but god was the multiplayer fantastically broken in such a fun way(like MVC2). If given the proper treatment on another console and not set out to die at release on the Wii U, I think we'd have seen another Devil's Third or some continuation of it. They did re-release the multiplayer component of the game for steam (Rockshot) with improved graphics back in 2018 but then shut the servers down over the summer of that year. Wish I got a chance to play that version.
giphy.gif

Hot damn I thought I was the only one. I'll be a bit more extreme though, the single player was also a blast play and the critisms (at least for me) were blown way out of proportion. If it was built from the ground up for the Switch instead of be re-worked for the WiiU, we would've had a much better game.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
giphy.gif

Hot damn I thought I was the only one. I'll be a bit more extreme though, the single player was also a blast play and the critisms (at least for me) were blown way out of proportion. If it was built from the ground up for the Switch instead of be re-worked for the WiiU, we would've had a much better game.
Agreed. I found the single player to be fine as well. Wasn't necessarily anything to write home about, but i had a good time with it.

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls II. It's an excellent game, just because it does things different doesn't make it this steaming pile of garbage people think it is.

Breath of the Wild, not that it needs me to defend it. You're playing it wrong if you hoard your weapons or if you think you can't do anything in the rain.

Currently replaying BOTW and I have to say that I do not get the weapon durability complaints. It's been a complete non issue for me. I wouldn't mind a reduction in rain frequency but the rain has never impeded me as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Evolve is a good game. The problems with it were players who didn't want to spend any time learning how to play the game. Negativity surrounding it was absurd. People who never played the game constantly shitting on it. People decided they didn't like it before it even launched. Monetization that people are okay with when it comes to already established franchises but decided to single out Evolve. Unfortunately we live in a world where everyone want to be the hero who shoots more little dots on their map than their teammates, mindlessly dying and respawning. We also live in a world full of hypocrites who keep franchises like Assassin's Creed alive year after year despite multiple day one versions, pre order dlc, and loads of microtransactions. There was nothing pay to win in Evolve, in fact at launch most dlc characters and monsters were behind the curve and brought up slowly to be on par with other characters. It was actually the starting monsters and heroes who got most of the nerfs as they refined the balance. New characters merely offered new ways to plays and you could play as them for free if you joined into matches where they were being controlled by ai.

My favorite parts of that game were things that no other game does. Using sound to hear to a monster's footsteps, knowing where he was and pretending not to while he hides only to throw out a dome and watch him begin lashing out is something that no other game delivers. I loved being a trapper, and one of the main criticisms were about how chasing the monster was too hard. No you just sucked at it and didn't care to get better. Successful coordination in a team while hunting a good monster is the highlight of this generation's multiplayer for me. Using a medic to heal a trapper that is being attacked by the monster for him to switch targets to the medic and have a support come in and run away with the medic while using a field cloak all while frying a monster with a flame thrower. That is fun, and it's even more fun when the monster knows how to exploit your plans and you come down to the wire with a single hunter fighting a sliver of health left on a full grown Goliath.

I will forever despise the members on neogaf who participated in those shit show threads that existed to do nothing but talk shit about a game none of them ever had any intention of playing. That kind of negativity spreads to people who may have helped create a healthy community and what did you all get from destroying evolve and constantly being toxic? Oh that's right, you got lootboxes in the well received Overwatch. Congratulations on being an asshole. You know who you are. Nothing else makes me hate the gaming community more than the overbearing negativity this game got.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Asura's Wrath. The ultimate playable and original shonen anime experience.

The only thing wrong with the game, is that there is no remastered complete edition for modern systems. Including the 2 anime episode chapters, the true ending DLC chapter and Street Fighter DLC.

I would shed tears of happiness.

Jun 2, 2019
I'm a man of controversial tastes, so i have a few of these

Super Castlevania IV - Yeah it's dark and moody, it's mean to be, the 8 way whip adds to the fun and the game is tetric as hell, just like the original Castlevania was. Also, the soundtrack is ace

Pokémon XY - Honestly, this game nails the "Trave through a region with your friens" feeling better than B/W. Bad story and writing i agree, but Kalos is a gorgeous place with interesting pokemon and character designs. It features the best online in the series, the competitive scene was great thanks to the megas (Mega Kanga had really easy counters) and competitive training was easier than ever. Also best ost of the series. I would live in Laverre city only for the background music

Castlevania 64 and legacy of darkness - Look at my effin' nick and avatar. Best 3D Castlevania, some of the best Castlevania designs ever, interesting level design with a mix of resident evil and Vampire killer, moody/ambiance soundtrack wich is always perfect, and did an attemp of making good use of its characters. Had interesting sun related mechanics too.

The list is long, actually. These are the main ones.

Chemi_ro

Sep 6, 2019
Bay Area California
Deadly Premonition. Sure it's execution wasn't the best but there's so much to the game that many players overlook. There's TONS of optional conversations that change depending on the weather and chapter that reveal a lot of cool background information. The actions the killer takes during the day to day stuff during the game actually highlights some of the big game reveals too.