• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure we all have one of these, where any negative criticism of the game you feel, whether logical or illogical, you will continue to defend no matter what.

You might be having a conversation with a friend about the game, and they'll bring up reasons why they didn't like the game, and you will just shut them down.

Which game would be your untouchable?

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
persona 4 and 5.

despite their problems i love them to death and they are deeply personally important to me.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Persona 3.
Legendary game that should be treated as such. Those who complain about the pacing don't know what kino is.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's Horizon Zero Dawn. It's not my favorite game ever but I will defend it to the end.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Sonic Adventure 2, the last AAA Sonic game that was worth a damn and the most fun 3D Sonic has played.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade X is the best in the series

Metroid Prime Federation Force wasn't bad

Sincerest

Jan 22, 2018
Earth Defence Force, and Dynasty Warriors.

Jank ass games, distilled down to pure video game-ness

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
The Baten Kaitos series and Chrono Cross are my easiest takes.

Legend of Mana is my favourite Seiken game.

But I'll defend Lufia 3 The Legend Returns on GBC to the death. It's cheesy, it's fun, and the battle system makes griding soooo strategic. I love it.

Also that battle theme !

Edit: i'm having second thoughts, I feel like I should have picked Severed. Oh well. Severed is another underrated gem. You should play Severed (best on PS Vita or Switch Lite)

PadPoet

Lead Community Manager at Socialpoint
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
Bloodborne.

Frame pacing issues, drops frames like crazy around bosses that take up half the screen or all of it for that matter, no sweet 60 fps but man that atmosphere, that lore, that music, that... it's a beauty!

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
RE4

There's nothing wrong with the controls, fix your fingers you stupid idiots. No other campaign has come close. Your favorite could never.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Arkham series sans Arkham Asylum (and the spin-offs/Blackgate which I haven't played)

Each are true to batman, City, Origins, and Knight each have their strengths and are reasonable choices for best Batman game depending on personal taste

Arkham Asylum is a borderline poor game in comparison tbh

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
The main one I have to actually get into arguments over is Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter. I still regard as one of the top 3 RPGs ever released on console.

xmonkeyofevil

Jun 9, 2019
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe. Now, I am in 100% agreement with everyone that the T-rated "fatalities" are lame, but gameplay wise it's one of my favorite Mortal Kombat games.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Not Persona.

I will defend any of the Trails games to the death. With swords.

Also Sonic and the Black Knight.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Metroid Prime

There's nothing wrong with the artifact hunt, fix your exploring you stupid idiots. No other Metroidvania has come close. Your favorite could never.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Not sure if id day it was the last one but damn if no 3D Sonic game since has been as good for me.

I really want a real Adventure 3.

Yup, it was. Sonic Heroes was tedious copy pasta for all playable teams, Sonic 06 lunched in broken alpha state, Sonic Unleashed was a bunch of bland hubs and medallion collecting, 20 minute crap Werehog stages, and a few okish daytime stages that were like 10% of the actual game length. Everything after was made on a much tighter budget so I don't count Sonic Generations as a AAA Sonic game.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Dragon's Dogma. It's a flawed masterpiece.
It has story and encounter issues, but those don't matter much when you get into late-game anyway. It's still the best game from last gen and the sequel will be the game of... I guess next gen now.
Sonic Adventure 2, the last AAA Sonic game that was worth a damn and the most fun 3D Sonic has played.
I like you. I'm not sure I'd fight to the death, I understand why people don't like it... but it remains the peak of 3D Sonic imo.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Trails in the Sky FC / SC.

Many People call them slow and boring, but its one of the most legendary game combo imo. no other game comes close to the feeling of adventure and experiencing a journey.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, it was. Sonic Heroes was tedious copy pasta for all playable teams, Sonic 06 lunched in broken alpha state, Sonic Unleashed was a bunch of bland hubs and medallion collecting, 20 minute crap Werehog stages, and a few okish daytime stages that were like 10% of the actual game length. Everything after was made on a much tighter budget so I don't count Sonic Generations as a AAA Sonic game.
Ah ok that's fair. I was thinking Colors and Generations too. I get what you mean now.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
None, because I am rational person who believes a game is worthy of full defense whilst acknowledging its flaws when they are of objective nature.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not one of my all time favorites, but it's a game that I loved and don't see many talk about. OG Xbox - Deathrow. A Speedballesque sports game that was tons of fun.

amar212

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Gran Turismo 5

When everything taken into account, it remains the most amazing racing game ever made.

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
MGS2
Shut the fuck up, your criticism is wrong!
2758.jpg

That's some serious fight...