• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slai-Man

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, have you ever played a game and wished that you can experience it from another character perspective? Either it is a Villain, a Main/side character or even an NPC.

For me i want to experience the Metal Gear Solid series from "Revolver Ocelot" point of view:

metal_gear_solid_conceptart_SjfgX.jpg

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
I'd like to play as a woman character in all the games that force you to be a male lead.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still kinda surprised we haven't gotten a game where you play as Mickey Mouse before and during the events of the original Kingdom Hearts.

A Turks game that takes place concurrently with FFVII would be fun too, as they slowly start to question what they're doing.

The Legend of Zelda has a few opportunities as well. Zelda herself during the BotW flashbacks would be very cool, then there's the Ocarina of Time 7 year gap. And something for Tetra and her pirate crew, set before and during Wind Waker, would be awesome. Need to give her a bit more agency during the latter parts though.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Breath of the Wild could have been a fantastic game from the perspective of one of the other Heroes, Zelda herself, or really anyone with a voice and character. Silent protagonists work for the older games, but it was not a good idea with this one, to say the least.

I'd also like a Disgaea game that strings together a complete story from Asagi's various cameos across games, plus unseen adventures.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Zelda during the OoT Timeskip would be cool, but I'm not sure if people want a Zelda game that's super heavy on stealth.

A Pokemon game starring a named character that isn't a 10 year old kid would be a nice change of pace.

Resiverence

Jan 30, 2019
Zelda during the OoT Timeskip would be cool, but I'm not sure if people want a Zelda game that's super heavy on stealth.

A Pokemon game starring a named character that isn't a 10 year old kid would be a nice change of pace.
The pokemon one 100% would be something I'd want with a tighter story focus.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Zelda where you can play as sheik or her magical form and a sword, would be neat if she uses her sword like a staff or wand.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Va-11 Hall-a is a good example of playing an NPC in someone else's game. You're a bartender, so people come and go and tell you about their lives, but you have little to no control over what happens. You just go about your own life and hear about what happened next in your regulars' lives each time they come by.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sadie from RDR2. What she doing all that time when Arthur is out and about, know what I mean.

sadie-red-dead-redemption-2-1151415.jpeg

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to play as Tifa. She goes through hell most of FFVII and takes care of Cloud two times without him ever showing a sign of gratitude. She has to be madly in love with him to endure all of his BS, I'd likefor her to have a chance to dump Cloud and Avalanche forever and continuing on with her life.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I want to be the bad guy. I want to be Handsome Jack, and totally pissed at these people getting in my way..but I want to win. I want to be a bad guy who wins.

Alternately, being on the other side in TLOU, but believing we're right, and this lunatic and his daughter are murdering all my people / getting in the way of our plans to save humanity.

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
Kingdom Hearts series through Mickey

Edit: beaten.

Okay,

Kingdom Hearts 3 from Lea and/or Kairi

Last edited:

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Ever since I messed around with a Halo CE mod many years ago, I've been interested in a Halo game that has a Grunt campaign.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Delita would be awesome.

Also Sydney Losstarot from Vagrant Story (or pretty much any secondary character tbh)

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
The Legend of Zelda as... Zelda. Funny, huh? I want a game where Zelda finally takes the main role and isn't forced to be a damsel in distress, being sealed, has to sacrifice herself or whatever. Maybe use a mechanic like Prince of Persia 2008 that Link and Zelda travel together to save Hyrule if it is so hard to Nintendo to let a female character take the lead role.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Edgar from Phantom Dust.

Not saying that Alpha was a bad character, but i just wished we'd see the POV from Edgar to see how he uncovered his memory. I think it ultimately did make more sense to play as Alpha.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Delita's perspective wouldn't really make sense as a tactical RPG. He was alone a lot and relied more on scheming and threats than direct attacks.

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
The Legend of Zelda as... Zelda. Funny, huh? I want a game where Zelda finally takes the main role and isn't forced to be a damsel in distress, being sealed, has to sacrifice herself or whatever. Maybe use a mechanic like Prince of Persia 2008 that Link and Zelda travel together to save Hyrule if it is so hard to Nintendo to let a female character take the lead role.

They could tease the next game as:
The Legend of Zelda

And then release it under that name

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Siegmeyer of Catarina from Dark Souls. Loves his character and always wondered what he got up to in between falling asleep/meditating in random places.

gblues

Oct 25, 2017
Tigard, OR
The Legend of Zelda from Ganondorf's perspective:

Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are the avatars of the Triforce. The gods intended the three to work together, but conflicts and bigotry result in Ganondorf being ostracized. He attempts to sieze control of the other two aspects of the Triforce, but upon doing so is cursed by the gods into the pig form Ganon, who is then killed by Zelda and Link. Sort of a Shadow of the Colossus ending.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
A Turks game that takes place concurrently with FFVII would be fun too, as they slowly start to question what they're doing.

Funny enough, that's actually something!

n4v9q3401fj01.jpg

Though not set concurrently with FFVII, Before Crisis was a Japanese Phone game (old phone) where you played as one of a huge variety of Turks with different weapons and styles. One of these Turks even became a canon character in Crisis Core!

before-crisis-turk-heads.jpg

The story revolves around a major terrorist conflict occurring during the Wutai war, between ShinRa and Avalanche. However, this isn't Barret and a couple of goofballs, oh no. At this time, it was a Major organization with hundreds of members, headed by a woman named Elfe, with a piece of summon materia embedded in her body.

The whole game, your selected Turk would go on various missions all round Midgar and the world to combat Avalance, and it was kinda neat.

As far as I know, the game hasn't gotten any coded translation, but the whole game and all it's words and such were soft translated a bajillion time's over. You can look up YouTube video playthroughs with the English edited into the textboxes, or just look up mission summaries.

Overall, I think it's a shame we couldn't get this reworked into at least a smartphone release, but it was a pretty low profile thing anyway, so what can you do. Still neat to get perspective on the Turks though, and rad to see Avalanche realized as a major organization.